Instagram is a platform for every user where they can share their thoughts, talents, works, products, memories, and events with the world. While Instagram already has many features, the story is one of them. Instagram story is for those who love social interactions and wanted that their followers to know about their day and what is going on with their life. By default, stories don’t stay forever like posts, but they disappear after a certain duration, and no one can see them again. In an Instagram story, you can attach anything, whether it’s a photo, a video, or some text with a beautiful background. It’s up to you what you want to share. And not only you can share your posts to your story, but you can also attach someone else’s posts that you see on Instagram. If you didn’t know that a post shared as Instagram story and now want to know how to share a post on Instagram story, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to share a post on Instagram story and will also help you to know why you can’t share post to story Instagram. You will also learn why post shared as Instagram story are better than normal posts.
How to Share a Post on Instagram Story
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to share a post on Instagram story in detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
What is an Instagram Story?
The Instagram story is the user’s media content that they can share with the world, doesn’t want them to stick to their profile, and vanish after 24 hours. Instagram story is just like a day; when the day ends, it just vanishes, and only the memories of it remain. Also, in the case of the story, as the duration period of the story ends, it vanishes, leaving only the memories. The story allows you to share your everyday story with your friends or anyone in the world that follows you and would like to know about your day. It is what an Instagram story is.
What is the Point of Posting a Story?
The only point of posting a story is to express yourself in all ways. It’s a way of sharing your day with others who are interested to know about your day and letting them know this is what happens in your day. For a private account, only the followers can view your story. But in the case of a public profile, anyone is allowed to view them. As stories disappear after some time, no one will be able to view your stories, and they will be gone. In most countries, the duration is 24 hours; in others, it’s 48 hours. Once you start your day, it has to end, and that’s how stories are: they vanish once their duration gets over.
How to Share a Post on Instagram Story with the Newly Updated Feature?
To know how to share a post on Instagram story with the newly updated feature, follow these steps:
Note: You can just select any post and follow the steps mentioned below.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the desired post from your profile.
4. Tap on the share icon below the post you have selected.
5. Tap on Add post to your story.
6. Resize or edit the post from the available edit options and tap on the next arrow icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
7A. Select the Your Story radio button and tap on the Share option to share your post as an Instagram story.
7B. Or tap on Your story below the post to share it as a story.
This is how posts are shared as Instagram story with the newly updated feature.
Also Read: How to Share Full Reels on Instagram Story
How to Share an Instagram Post to Your Story?
You can follow the steps mentioned above to share an Instagram post to your story.
Why Can’t You Share a Post to Your Instagram Story? Why Can’t I Share Posts to My Instagram Story?
Here are some reasons why you can’t share post to story Instagram:
- The post you have selected does not have permission to share with everyone.
- You might have been blocked by the user whose post you are trying to share.
- There might occur some error while sharing the post or can be a server problem or an app glitch.
- You might be using the outdated version of the Instagram app.
- It can also be that your device is not updated, and hence, you don’t have the share post to story option.
Why Can’t I Share Instagram Posts to My Story Anymore?
The reasons why can’t share post to story Instagram anymore are:
- It depends on the account type. If the post you want to share is from a person whose account is private, they won’t see the post-to-story option.
- If you are trying to share your post to the story and the option is not available, you must enable it from the privacy settings.
- Maybe you are not using the latest version of Instagram that’s why you are not able to see the share post to story option.
- It can be sometimes due to a network or server error from Instagram.
How to Share a Post to Your Story If You Are Unable to Share It Directly?
To know how to share a post to your story if you are unable to share it directly, then just follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > desired post > share icon.
3. Then, tap on the Add post to your story and edit the post the way you want for the story.
4. Tap on the next arrow icon >Your story.
You can select any post on Instagram to upload to your story. This is how to share a post to your story if you are unable to share it directly.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
Why Can’t I Upload Story on Instagram 2022?
Here are some reasons why can’t you upload stories on Instagram in 2022:
- While uploading the post, you might haven’t selected the Add post to your story option.
- There might have occurred some network connectivity issues on your device.
- It can be a bug or glitch in the Instagram app.
- Sometimes due to maintenance in the server Instagram doesn’t work.
- The file that you have selected is in an inappropriate format.
Are Stories Better Than Posts?
Stories and posts are somewhat similar but are different from each other in certain ways.
- Stories on Instagram last only for 24 hours from the time it’s posted, and the post remains forever when you post it.
- Both stories and posts can include comments, shares, likes, and tags, and they also can be edited or deleted.
Stories and posts are almost the same but different, and you can’t just declare that one is better. It’s on you whether you like stories better or posts.
- 10 Ways to Fix Powerbeats Pro Not Charging
- How Can You Backdate Instagram Posts
- How to Get Full TikTok on Instagram Story
- How To Add Multiple Photos To One Instagram Story?
We hope that you learned about how to share a post on Instagram story. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.