Having a boring text-only conversation has become a thing of the past. It is the age of stickers and GIFs to have a fun conversation! Using GIFs on iPhone is easy and there are a lot of options that you can select from to send your loved ones any time you want. Let us dive in to learn how to send GIFs on iPhone, iPad, and WhatsApp in the best possible manner.
How to Send GIFs on iPhone
Although an iPhone is equipped with everything that you need to send GIFs to contact via message. There are other methods also available that take your GIF game to a whole different level.
Note: Since not all versions of iOS offer the same features, some features mentioned in the article might not work. The following methods were tried on iOS 17.0.3. The method can be done right from the Messages app. However, it is important to keep your Wi-Fi or cellular data for the methods to work properly.
Below are three different methods that will help you to send the best GIFs possible.
Method 1: Use In-built iPhone Feature
To use the in-built GIF feature on your iPhone, you can simply follow the steps that are mentioned below:
1. Open the Messages App.
2. Open the contact of the person you want to send the GIF to.
3. On the left-hand side of the message input bar, tap on plus sign.
4. Tap on More.
5. Tap on #images.
6. Search for a specific GIF or swipe down to select the GIF that you wish to send.
Method 2: From Gallery
This method comes in handy when you already have a superb GIF saved in your iPhone gallery.
1. Open the contact that you are texting and then tap on the plus sign on the left.
2. Select Photos.
3. Tap on the GIFs you want to send from the gallery and it will be sent directly to the contact person.
Method 3: Use Third-Party Apps
The App Store is filled with many great third-party apps that have loads of GIFs that are fresh and super entertaining. You can choose Apps like Giphy or GIF Keyboard. You can follow the steps below to download and use it to send a GIF on iPhone:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the search option on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
3. On the top side of the screen, search for GIFs.
4. Download the apps of your choice. You can try downloading Giphy to get started.
5. Now, open the Messages app on your iPhone.
6. Open the contact to whom you want to send the GIF.
7. Tap on the plus sign adjacent to the message input bar.
8. Now, tap on More to see more options.
9. In further options, choose Giphy.
You will now be able to see a whole list of GIFs that you can send.
Where is the GIF Button on the iPhone?
The GIF button is one of the most cool features that you can find for communication purposes on an iPhone. Moreover, it is easily accessible as well. The GIF button on an iPhone is present towards the left side where the option of further attachments is situated.
How to Send GIFs in iMessage on an iPad
The process of sending GIFs iMessage on an iPad is exactly the same as on iPhones. Follow the same methods as above to send GIFs.
Where are GIFs on iPhone WhatsApp?
WhatsApp comes preloaded with the GIF feature. On WhatsApp, the GIF feature is available in the sticker section. Simply press on the sticker icon and your GIFs section will show up beside it.
Also Read: How to Send Empty Message on WhatsApp iPhone
How Do I Send GIFs to WhatsApp iPhone?
Sending GIFs on WhatsApp iPhone is as easy as sending a text message on WhatsApp. You can follow the steps that we have explained below to find and send GIFs to your WhatsApp contacts.
Method 1: Use Sticker Option
You can send GIFs on iPhone WhatsApp using the in-built stickers option.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Select a contact that you want to send GIF to.
3. Now tap on the sticker option that is present in the message input by itself.
4. Tap on GIF icon.
5. Select the GIF that you want to send to your contact to make your conversation Fun.
How to Save GIFs on iPhone
If you are someone who has a few selected GIFs that have become your go GIFs, then the good news is that you can even save a GIF on an iPhone. To save any GIF that you like on your iPhone, you can simply follow the steps that are given below.
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone
2. Now go to the contact from where you want to save the GIF.
3. Tap and hold the GIF that you wish to save.
4. Choose Save.
Once saved, the GIF will appear in your Photos app.
Also Read: How to Schedule Text Message on iPhone
So, there you go. We hope we have explained how to send GIFs on iPhone and make any conversation exciting. If you have any queries, please feel free to drop them in our comment section below.