QR codes are modern barcodes found everywhere, from candy wrappers to billboards. By scanning them with your smartphone, you can quickly access websites, download apps and send texts. Some stores allow touchless payment with 2D barcodes, while restaurants use them as menus. In this article, you will learn about different ways to scan QR codes on your iPhone.
How to Scan QR Code on iPhone
QR codes are a useful technology that’s been around for a while. Nowadays, they are seen everywhere and are easily accessible. If you’re not familiar with using them on your iPhone, don’t worry! This article will show you different ways to make the most of QR codes. Keep reading to find out how!
Follow these steps to scan the QR code using Google Chrome:
1. Open the Google Chrome app and tap on the camera lens.
2. Now, you can scan the QR code with Google Lens.
With the release of iOS 11, Apple eliminated the requirement to download additional apps in order to read QR Codes. Follow the below-given methods to scan the QR code on iPhone:
Method 1: Using Camera
There is no need to download a separate scanning app unless you want to because Apple’s iPhones already feature built-in QR code scanning functionality right in the camera app. To scan a QR Code on iPhone using the native camera app, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Camera app and scan a QR Code by pointing it at it.
2. The information included in the QR Code can be accessed by tapping the notification banner at the top of the screen.
3. Press on the banner to start the action or pull down the banner to see additional details before you tap it.
Method 2: Using Control Centre
It is much more convenient to set up the iPhone’s QR Code scanner in the Control Centre than to constantly use the camera.
Step 1: Enable QR Coder to Control Center
To upgrade the Control Centre to include the integrated QR Code reader:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Control Centre.
2. Then, under the More Controls tab, Tap on the + icon next to the Code Scanner.
3. Use the hamburger symbol opposite to the QR Code reader to move it to any spot on the Control Centre.
Step 2: Scan QR Code on iPhone from the Control Centre
1. In the Control Centre, select the icon for the QR Code Scanner.
2. To scan a QR Code, position the camera close to it.
Note: You can use the flashlight in low light to scan a QR Code using the Control Panel’s built-in reader, even if it is blurry. Even if a QR Code is blurry or broken (up to 30% damaged and inverted), this iPhone’s powerful and quick scanner can quickly read it.
Also Read: How to Get QR Code from Carrier
Method 3: Using Google Chrome
Now, follow these easy steps to scan a QR Code on your iPhone using Google Chrome:
1. Install Chrome by going to the App Store.
2. Tap on the Google Chrome app icon and then on the camera lens next to the microphone icon.
3. Now, you can scan the QR code with Google Lens.
Note 1: You can also select the screenshot of the QR code below.
Note 2: To access Spotlight on a device that doesn’t support 3D Touch, slide down from the top of the Home Screen. After that, you can enter the QR code in the search box. You will be given the option to scan a QR Code via Google Chrome. Simply tap the app’s icon. Don’t forget to provide the app access to your camera.
Method 4: Using Wallet App
The wallet app on iPhone is also capable of scanning a QR Code follow the steps below to access the scanner on the wallet app:
1. Open Wallet App on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the + icon at the top of the Passes section.
3. Then, tap on Scan Code to Add a Pass.
You can scan QR Codes for vouchers, tickets, boarding passes, and loyalty cards from this location.
Note: You can only scan tickets, loyalty cards, and coupons using the Wallet app. Any further QR Code attempts will result in an error message.
Method 5: Using Photos App
If you’ve got the Google app on your iPhone, you can scan QR codes from your photographs in the Photos app. The Google app just asks for your photo, scans the barcode, and displays the results on your screen.
1. For your iPhone, download and install the Google app (free).
2. Open Photos and choose the image with the QR code.
3. At the bottom-left corner of the image, tap the sharing symbol.
4. From the sharing menu, select Search with Google Lens.
The outcome of the scan will be shown on your screen by Google.
Also Read: How to Scan QR Codes with an Android phone
Method 6: From Email
A QR Code can be scanned on an iPhone or iPad via email. Follow the steps below to know how to scan QR Code on iPhone:
1. Navigate to the QR Code in your email and take a screenshot of the QR Code.
2. Then, open the Photos app and tap on the screenshot.
3. Now, press and hold the QR Code in the image.
4. If the above step didn’t work, then tap the Live Text icon in the lower right corner.
5. Then, press and hold the QR Code again.
6. Now, when the QR Code is read, a menu will appear. Tap on Open in Safari the QR Code in your browser.
7. If you want to save the QR Code link, tap Add to Reading List to save it in your Safari reading list.
8. Tap on Copy Link to copy the URL and paste it into another app of your choice,
9. Tap on Share, to Share the QR Code to another person.
Method 7: From Camera Roll
A QR Code can be scanned from an iPhone or iPad’s images using Google Lens along with camera roll. Follow the steps below to use your iPhone’s camera roll to access a QR Code and to know how to scan QR codes with your iPhone:
1. Download Google Photos from the App Store and access a QR-coded picture.
2. Tap the Lens icon at the bottom of your shot once it has opened in full-screen mode.
3. The scan’s outcome will appear on your screen.
4. To view the prompted action, Tap on the link.
Now, you will be able to scan the QR code on your iPhone from camera roll.
We hope that this article on how to scan QR code on your iPhone or iPad will make things easier for you. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.