Technology has made our life easy. Now, you do not have to pen down every little thing, wait for days to receive a handwritten letter from your friend, or store the information in your brain. The reason for this is technology. You can send a message to your friend and keep a cute message sent from your friend forever. But what if this cute message from your friend gets deleted one day by mistake? Relax you do not have to worry about this situation happening to you because technology has provided a solution for this also. So, in this article, we will tell you how to recover deleted text messages on Android without backup, how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung, and many more things regarding deleted messages. Keep reading to know about where are deleted text messages stored on Android.
Table of Contents
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
- Where are Deleted Text Messages Stored on Android?
- Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages Android Free?
- How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Samsung
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android Without Computer
- How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android Without Backup
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
In this article, we have resolved many queries that you may possess. We will begin with where are deleted text messages stored on Android.
Where are Deleted Text Messages Stored on Android?
When you delete a message on Android it does not get deleted permanently. So, it is still there on your phone. But the problem is locating the data which creates trouble in retrieving the data. Further, if you have updated your device and now you are looking to retrieve the messages then locating messages gets further complicated as the location where messages were stored might have changed. So, it is difficult to say where are these deleted messages stored. Earlier, there was a bin or recycle bin option in the messages app so you could delete messages on Android but now that feature is no more there. However, there are ways to retrieve deleted messages. Keep reading the article to know about it.
Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages Android Free?
Yes, you can recover deleted text messages Android free. You can use the methods which are provided in this article for that.
How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Samsung
Well, you can retrieve deleted text on Samsung. If you are wondering how then we will provide you with the ways to do that.
Note: The steps mentioned below were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G. Ensure that your device is connected to the internet and already has backup mode on for messages when you perform this method.
Option I: Through Samsung Cloud
You can retrieve deleted texts Using Samsung Cloud as shown below.
1. Launch the Settings option on your device.
2. Now, tap on the Accounts and backup option.
3. Tap on the Restore data option under the Samsung cloud option.
4. Here, tap on your device name.
5. Tick mark the Messages icon.
6. Finally, tap on the Restore option.
Option II: Through Google Drive
Another method to recover deleted text messages on Android is by using Google Drive as shown below.
1. Look for Settings in the App drawer and find Google in the scroll-down list.
2. Select it and tap on the Backup option.
3. Toggle the Back up to Google Drive option on.
4. Simply, add an account to back up your data and files.
5. Now, choose the frequency of backups. The daily interval is usually fine for most users but, you can also select Hourly for better security.
6. Once this is done, select BACK UP NOW option.
7. To be sure, you can click on View Backups by dragging out the left menu and see if it’s working correctly.
8. Tap on Restore in case you need to recover the messages.
To know about other methods read our article on 6 ways to recover deleted text messages on Android.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Fix Unable to Send Message to Many Unsent Multimedia Messages
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android Without Computer
To recover deleted messages without computer, you can use the Samsung cloud or Google Drive method. You can also recover deleted messages by using a third-party application. There are many third-party applications we have provided. Keep reading to know about it.
Here, we have shown how to recover deleted text messages on Android using SMS Backups & Restore app.
In this application, you will have to choose the restore option if you want to retrieve the deleted messages on your phone. We have listed the methods from the installation process. Follow the steps to use this application.
1. Launch the Play Store on your device.
2. Now, search for SMS Backups & Restore and tap on the Install option.
3. Tap on the Set Up A Backup option.
4. Now, toggle on the Messages option to create its backup.
Note: The picture illustrated below has toggled on only messages if you want you can toggle on the call logs option also.
5. Now, tap on the NEXT option.
6. After this, decide where you would like to store your messages and tap on the NEXT option.
7. Tap on the daily/weekly/hourly option at your convenience and tap on the BACK UP NOW option.
8. Now, tap on the three-lined icon.
9. Tap on the Restore option.
10. Tap on the location where you want to retrieve the messages.
Note: In the picture illustrated below LOCAL BACKUP LOCATION was selected.
11. Now, decide what you wish to retrieve and Tap on the RESTORE option.
Note: The picture illustrated shows deleted messages retrieve only for messages.
12. Tap on the OK option.
13. Now, tap on the Set as default application.
Also Read: 19 Best Photo Recovery App for iPhone
How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android Without Backup
You can deploy a third-party application to recover deleted messages on Android without backup and these applications are-
DroidKit is a software by using which you can recover lost photos, messages, and many other things.
PhoneRescue is a reliable software tool that you can use to recover deleted messages.
3. Android Data Recovery
Android Data Recovery allows you to recover corrupted and deleted files on your device. It supports all Android devices.
By using FonePaw software, you can recover data on Android.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted iCloud Email
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I retrieve deleted text messages from my Samsung?
Ans. You retrieve deleted text messages on Samsung by following the methods listed above in this article.
Q2. Where are messages stored on Android?
Ans. The messages are stored in the database. This database is in the internal memory folder under the files application.
Q3. What happens when you delete a text conversation?
Ans. If you delete a text message from your messages application then it will no longer be accessible to you on messaging app.
Q4. Can text messages be recovered when deleted?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to recover deleted text messages.
Q5. Can you recover deleted text messages on Android?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to recover deleted text messages on Android by following the methods listed in this article.
Q6. Where do deleted texts go?
Ans. Refer to the article above to know about it.
Q7. Does your phone store deleted text messages?
Ans. Yes, phone stores deleted messages, but it is difficult to locate where these deleted messages get stored. Once you update your phone then it becomes further difficult to trace where the deleted messages are located. So, yes, your phone store deleted text messages.
- How to Change WiFi Network Name
- How to Open Bin File on Android
- How to See if Someone Read Your Text on Android
- 8 Ways to Fix Android Text Messages Stuck Downloading Error
We hope that the methods listed in this article helped you in resolving your query about how to recover deleted text messages on Android. In case you have any doubts or suggestions please comment in the section below. We will be happy to help you.