Jeopardy, the iconic quiz show that has tested our wit and knowledge for decades, holds a unique charm that spans generations. Now, with modern technology, you can experience that charm virtually. Be it for education or team building, learning how to play Jeopardy on Zoom with a large group can turn any online interaction into an engaging and vibrant experience.
Table of Contents
How to Play Jeopardy on Zoom
Jeopardy! is an iconic American quiz show where contestants respond in question format to the provided answers. It features diverse categories, special clues, and cultural impact, engaging viewers and testing contestants’ knowledge.
Before diving into the Zoom game, you’ll need a few things to play Jeopardy on Zoom, including:
- Desktop PC/Laptop: The host requires a PC to set up and manage the game flow. The host is also responsible for keeping scores for the teams, which can be efficiently done with a PC.
- Zoom Application: All participants need to install the Zoom application on their mobile devices or PC to play the Jeopardy game on Zoom.
- Stable Internet Connection: Since Jeopardy is an online game, both participants and the host must have a reliable internet connection. This ensures a smooth and uninterrupted and better gaming experience.
- Host: A designated host is essential for managing the game. The host should be on a computer to read out game instructions and questions.
Playing Jeopardy on Zoom with a large group can be both fun and engaging. To play Jeopardy on Zoom with a large group, follow these steps:
Step I: Pick a Theme
Choosing the theme marks the initial step. Select a theme or topic for your game; it could revolve around movies, general knowledge, science, and more.
Step II: Create Game
1. Visit the JeopardyLabs website on your browser.
2. Click on the Create a Jeopardy Game option from the homepage.
3. In the Create a Password text field, enter the desired password.
4. Then, click on Start Building!
5. Enter the desired title of your game.
6. In the Enter Category Name fields, type desired categories that are related to your chosen theme.
7. Fill out the game board with questions and their corresponding answers.
Note: You can also add pictorial or audio-visual sections to make it playing Jeopardy on Zoom more interactive.
8. Input the number of teams that will participate in the game.
9. Then, click on the Start option to generate your Jeopardy game board.
Also Read: 15 Best Drinking Games for Zoom
Step III: Enable Breakout Rooms and Send Invitations
1. Visit the Zoom Sign in page on your browser and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on My Account from the top right corner.
3. Select Settings from the left pane.
4. Then, click on In Meeting (Advanced).
5. Turn on the toggle for the Breakout rooms – Meetings option to able to play Jeopardy on Zoom.
6. Mark all the checkboxes and click on Save.
7. Now, to send participants invitations, open the Zoom application on your PC.
8. Click on New Meeting.
9. Click on the Participants option to invite all players.
10. Click on Invite from the bottom right corner of the screen.
11. Invite all the participants by sharing the Meeting link or sending out invitations through email to join the meeting to play Jeopardy on Zoom.
Step IV: Make Teams
After gathering all participants, divide them into pre-determined teams or group them in breakout rooms using Zoom meeting controls.
1. In the Zoom meeting, click on the More > Breakout Rooms option.
2. Now, select the number of rooms you want to create.
3. Then, select the Assign automatically radio button to let Zoom split the participants into groups.
4. Lastly, click on the Create option.
Step V: Share Screen
1. To share your screen with participants, click on the Share Screen option.
2. Choose the Jeopardy browser tab where you have the game open.
Note: If you want everyone to hear the audio from the Jeopardy game, ensure you enable the Share Computer Sound option.
Step VI: Play the Game
1. Now, briefly explain the game rules to the members and then start the game.
2. Read the question aloud, and the team leader can call out their answers.
3. Other team members can type their responses in the Zoom chat box.
4. Maintain a record of each team’s scores in a separate document or use the Zoom chat feature for this purpose.
Also Read: How to Play Charades on Zoom
How to Play Jeopardy on Zoom with Friends?
Jeopardy is a fun and interactive game to enjoy with friends, while also giving your brain a good workout. You can even play it on Zoom if you’re not in the same location as your friends. For that, read and follow the steps mentioned above.
We expect you have understood the process of how to play Jeopardy on Zoom with friends or a large group of people. Stay entertained and keep exploring our website for more engaging activity guides. Until next time, happy gaming!