What is Vortex Mod Manager? If you have searched for fixing issues with the famous Nexus Mod Manager, you might have seen this question in the solution. The VMM is the latest version of the NMM for storing and modifying the mods of the game files. Now you might have a few questions like Where does Vortex store mods or how to use Vortex Mod Manager. The article has the answers to all these questions, however, before that, we will gain a little insight into the VMM and discuss on Vortex Mod Manager download in this article.
How to Perform Vortex Mod Manager Download on Windows 10
Vortex Mod Manager is an open-source mod manager from the Nexus Mods and is a powerful and elegant Mod Manager. It is a free video game system utility from the creator of the popular Mod Organizer and Mod Organizer 2, Tannin. The VMM is one of the largest gaming mod sites and is simply an online source for distributing the original mod content. The software allows you to easily manage all of the mods and is the primary mod manager program for all the Nexus Mods. The only drawback of using the VMM is that it may not be compatible with the recent video games.
Features of Vortex Mod Manager
The features of the VMM are listed in this section as:
- Compatible with all versions of Windows- The VMM can be used in all versions of the VMM from Windows 7 and later versions.
- Multi-game support- The VMM supports a large range of versatile games, that is over 65 different popular games, including the Dark Souls, Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher series, and Stardew Valley.
- Compatibility with Nexus Mods– The Vortex Mod Manager is chosen as an alternative for the NMM owing to its compatibility with the Nexus Mods. In other words, the Vortex can be used to run the Nexus mods as well.
- Simple User Interface– The easy and customizable User Interface of the VMM allows you to easily access the tools and manage the saved games and plugins.
- Manage Mod Profiles– You can create multiple Mod Profiles on the VMM and you can easily switch between the profiles to play any game with a particular mod setting.
- Extensions and Plugins– The Vortex Mod Manager is released under the GPL-3 License which provides the community to enhance its functionality by allowing them to write extensions and frameworks. The VMM allows the users to upload and download the modifications of the game, for both video games and PC games.
- Modify game settings– The VMM allows you to manage the game settings such as choosing the difficulty level of the Game, or automatically saving a certain level of the game.
- Transfer saved files– The users are allowed to transfer the saved files from one PC to another PC using the Vortex account and Google Android Market.
Follow the steps in the section to download the Vortex Mod Manager on your Windows PC.
1. Hit the Windows key, type chrome and click on Open.
2. Open the official website of the Nexus mods and sign in to your account using the sign-in credentials.
Note: If you haven’t registered to the Nexus community, click on the Register button and select the Free or Premium plan.
3. Search for Vortex Mod Manager on the search bar and click on the first result displayed.
4. Click on the MANUAL button next to the Download section to install the Vortex Mod Manager.
5. Run the downloaded executable file and install the VMM by following the instructions on the installation wizard.
Also Read: Fix Nexus Mod Manager Login Error
How to Configure Vortex Mod Manager
After you have the answer to the question of Vortex Mod Manager download, you need to configure and customize the VMM.
1. Launch the Vortex Mod Manager on your PC using the START menu.
2. Log in to the Vortex Mod Manager on the official website and then on the app.
3. The quick link panel buttons on the screen can be used to alter the settings on the VMM.
Note: You can also customize the User Interface of the VMM on the screen.
All the Nexus Mods and the Vortex Mod Manager share a common file directory structure, and you can install any program of the VMM using the steps below.
1. Click on the Vortex Mod Manager icon on the Desktop or Taskbar and you can see a list of installed programs.
2. Click on any of the programs and then follow the on-screen wizard to install the program.
Where Does Vortex Store Mods?
After knowing the answer to the method of Vortex Mod Manager Download, you can change the download directory by following the steps below.
1. Launch the Vortex Mod Manager on your PC.
2. On the left pane of the home screen, click on the Settings tab and move to the VORTEX tab.
3A. In the Multi-User Mode, click on the Per-User option to customize the download directory for individual profiles.
3B. Alternatively, click on the Shared mode option to set uniform preference for all the user profiles on the VMM.
4. Navigate to the MODS tab and click on the Base Path field.
5. Set the location directory by following the location path as This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Vortex > Game.
Note 1: The Game should be named with the name of the game you are modding.
Note 2: You can see the same location path set on the Base Path and Download Path fields.
6. Click on the Hardlink Deployment option in the drop-down menu of the Deployment Method section and click on the Apply button.
Also Read: Fix Steam Workshop Not Downloading Mods
How to Use Vortex Mod Manager
The section provides the methods to install and remove mods from the Vortex Mod Manager.
Step I: Install Mods
You can follow the steps below to download mods in the Vortex Mod Manager.
1. Open the Vortex Mod Manager.
2. Click on the Settings tab on the left pane of the window and navigate to the DOWNLOAD tab.
3. Toggle on the Handle option and click on the DOWNLOAD WITH MANAGER button.
Note: You can alternatively click on the Handle Nexus Links button on the home page.
4. Open any game and navigate to the FILES tab on the next window and click on the MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD button.
Note: Alternatively, click on the MANUAL DOWNLOAD button to install the mod manually on the VMM.
5. After the mod is downloaded on the VMM, click on the Install button on the pop-up notification.
Note: If you have chosen the Manual Install option, click on the Install From File button at the top bar.
6. Click on the PLUGINS tab on the MODS section in the left pane of the window and click on the Enabled option in the drop-down menu.
Note: You can alternatively click on the Enable button on the pop-up message.
Step II: Remove Mods
The section below allows you to remove the mods installed on your Vortex Mod Manager.
1. Launch the Vortex Mod Manager.
2. Click on the PLUGINS tab in the MODS section on the left pane of the window and click on the game mod.
3. Click on the Remove button to remove the mod from the VMM.
- Fix WhatsApp Stopped Working Today on Android
- How to Get Rid of MS Gaming Overlay Popup
- Fix Nexus Mod Manager Not Updating on Windows 10
- Fix Nexus Mod Manager a Problem Occurred During Install
The article explains about how to download Vortex Mod Manager and addresses the questions of what is Vortex Mod Manager, where does Vortex store Mods, and how to use Vortex Mod Manager. Please leave your valuable suggestions and queries on VMM in the comments section.