In the world of digital publishing, an irresistible eBook cover is the key to capturing readers’ hearts. As the saying goes- the first impression is the last impression, and having an eye-catching book cover goes a long way. You might think it can cost you a lot of bucks, but you can learn how to make an eBook cover for free with the help of this guide. Let’s get started even if you don’t have any design knowledge!
Table of Contents
How to Make eBook Cover for Free
You can now create your very own eBook cover with the help of this tutorial without having any background in designing. There are plenty of easy-to-use online platforms that provide you with free tools and templates to design an eBook cover. They give you an enriched reading experience paired and are extremely convenient as well as eco-friendly.
Popular platforms like Canva, Adobe Spark, and Snappa offer user-friendly interfaces and resources that make it easy to design your eBook cover online. Get ready to show your audience how your book not only tells a compelling story but also looks the part by using our recommendations at your disposal.
To create an eBook cover on Canva:
1. Log in to your Canva account via the website.
2. Search for eBook templates using the search bar.
3. Choose a suitable template.
4. Add your title and author name.
5. Customize fonts, sizes, and colors.
6. Finally, upload your cover by clicking Upload on the left.
Where Can I Make eBook Covers?
If you are looking to create an eBook cover, there are lots of online platforms out there that make it easy. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Canva: It is a popular graphic design platform. It has a bunch of templates specifically designed for eBook covers, an impressive interface, and a vast library of fonts, images, and other design elements.
- Adobe Express: This tool lets you make amazing graphics, like eBook covers for free of cost forever. You can additionally customize templates, texts, and images with it as well as use generative AI features especially powered by Adobe Firefly.
- Snappa: It is another prominent online design tool that makes it easy to create book covers and has a pretty sleek and user-friendly interface. It offers you pre-made templates and graphics, and you can customize different design elements.
- BookBrush: It is a significant tool for authors who want to create professional eBook covers. It is also great for creating promotional materials like graphics and banners for social media. You can choose fonts, design a background, and make your own 3D book cover!
- DesignWizard: It is the ideal option for both beginners and those with some design experience. It’s user-friendly and offers personalized features such as cover resizing, custom palette creation, font uploading, and more.
Are Book Covers Copyright-free?
No. Generally, book covers are not copyright-free. Copyright protection applies to the design and artwork used on book covers, just as it does to the content of the book itself.
If you are using stock images or graphics on many designing platforms to create a cover for an eBook, like the ones mentioned in the heading above, read and understand the usage terms. Some might need attribution or have restrictions on how they can be used. To avoid any legal issues, choose images marked for unrestricted commercial use.
What Size Should an eBook Cover Be?
While the size of your eBook cover may differ from platform to platform, a typical eBook cover size is about 1600 x 2560 pixels (width x height). That means your book cover will stay sharp and engaging no matter what device you are using.
How to Make eBook Cover for Free?
To make your book cover stand out from the crowd, you will need to follow a few different steps.
1. Visit the Canva website on your web browser and Log in to your account.
2. From the search bar, search for eBook templates.
3. Select the desired template that fits your book’s theme and style.
4. Add your title and author name to the template.
5. Set the desired font, size, and color to make it stand out.
Note: If you have images or artwork related to your eBook, use them to make your cover stand out. Use colors as they’ll help you capture the mood and genre of your eBook cover.
6. Click on Upload from the leftmost pane after your cover is completely designed.
Remember, the composition is key – the title, author, and visuals should all work together to make your cover look great!
In this guide, we have presented you with the method on how to make an eBook cover for free. We hope you have understood the steps and are now on your path to self-publishing your eBook with a personalized cover. With so many free online resources and tools available, there is no reason why you cannot do it yourself! Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts or ask questions in the comments section below. Until next time, happy designing!