The PDE.plugin file is a component of the HP app that manages your HP devices. If you see a message on your computer saying that PDE.plugin will damage your computer, there’s no need to worry because these files are not harmful. In this article, we will explain how to fix this problem. Stay with us to find out the solutions.
Table of Contents
How to Fix PDE.plugin Will Damage Your Computer
It’s common to see pop-up warnings on your Mac computer. But when you get an alert saying something will damage your computer, it can be concerning. However, don’t worry, the PDE.plugin is not harmful. In this article, we will explain it in more detail and provide possible solutions to fix the issue. So, keep reading!
You can fix PDE.plugin will damage your computer by updating Mac using these steps:
1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac.
2. Click on the Software Update.
3. Then, click on Upgrade Now.
What Causes PDE.plugin Will Damage Your Computer?
There are a few possible causes of this error due to PDE.plugin file:
- Outdated System
- Outdated HP printer
- HP printer Revoked
Now that you understand what PDE.plugin will damage your computer means, let’s explore the solutions to fix this issue with the file. To learn about these solutions, continue reading and follow the steps outlined in our guide.
Method 1: Update Mac
To start with, update your Mac to fix PDE.plugin will damage your computer. You should keep your device up to date as the latest update comes with new emojis, features, security updates, fixes bugs, and more. To learn about the process, abide by the steps given below:
1. First, launch the System Preferences app on your Mac.
2. Now, click on the Software Update option and click on Upgrade Now.
Method 2: Delete and Re-Add HP Printer
Another method you can try is deleting and re-adding your HP printer. If you choose this method, you’ll need to download the new HP software. To do that, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to System Preferences and click on Printers & Scanners.
2. Following that, from the given list, choose your HP printer.
3. Then, click on the minus sign and now choose the Delete Printer option.
4. Now, download and install the latest HP printer software.
5. Consequently, you will have to re-add your printer. To do so, go to System Preferences, then select the Printers & Scanners option and finally click on the Add icon.
Method 3: Remove and Re-install HP Printer Driver
If the previous method didn’t work for you, another option is to remove and reinstall the HP printer driver. This can help fix the PDE.plugin will damage your computer issue on Mac. To learn how to do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Finder app and click on the Applications folder.
2. Now, launch the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.
3. After you open this folder, click on HP Uninstaller. You will then have to abide by the instructions given on your screen. If you are not able to locate the HP Uninstaller file, then move on to the next step.
4. Hereafter, choose the HP or Hewlett Packard app and move it to the Trash.
5. Then, navigate to Finder again. Next, click on Go and select Go to Folder option from the menu bar.
6. Enter /Library/Printers and delete the HP or Hewlett Packard folder. Then, open the Trash and right-click on it and choose Empty Trash option.
7. Launch System Preferences and then click on the Printers and Scanners option and remove the HP printer.
8. Next, restart your Mac to download and install the latest HP driver file.
9. Double-click on the DMG file. Now, adhere to the on-screen instructions to install it.
10. After the driver is installed, open System Preferences and then click on Printers & Scanners. Finally, add your HP printer.
Method 4: Use HP Easy Start to Update Printer Driver
To fix the PDE.plugin will damage your computer problem, try out this method. You can easily update the printer driver by making use of HP Easy start. Read the given steps, to update the printer driver:
1. Start with downloading HP Easy Start.
2. Following that, find the file on your computer directory. Launch the folder and then select the Install icon. Now, abide by the instructions on your screen.
If this did not work for you, then you can try to install the HP Easy Start by abiding the steps mentioned below:
1. First, download the HP Easy Start and run it. Then, click on HP Easy Start located in the menu bar.
2. Choose the Uninstall HP Software option. Before this make sure that any printer driver software that existed before is removed before you install the latest driver.
3. After it is uninstalled, then click on Set Up New Device. Now, adhere to the instructions given on the screen to finish the installation.
Also Read: How to Recover Unsaved Excel File on Mac
Method 5: Use AirPrint to Re-install Printer
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, then you can make use of AirPrint which is an Apple feature to print wirelessly. You can also do this with your Mac but ensure that your printer is AirPrint-compatible. Also, you have to connect your HP printer and Mac to the same Wi-Fi if you want to print wirelessly.
Besides that, if you have installed any HP driver software earlier then remove it. To opt for this method and fix PDE.plugin will damage your computer on Mac, check out the following steps:
1. Click on Printers & Scanners and delete HP printer your from the given list.
2. Then, click on Add Printer or Scanner.
3. Hereafter, click on the Use or Print Using menu. Then, choose AirPrint and next click on Add your printer name.
The other method to print via Apple’s AirPrint:
1. Launch the document you wish to print.
2. Next, click on File and then click on the Print button.
3. After that, go to Nearby Printers in the Printer menu and choose AirPrint.
4. Now, click on Print.
This brings us to the end of our article on how to fix the PDE.plugin will damage your computer pop-up. Let us know which method worked for you. You can reach out to us with your suggestions and queries via the comments section below.