With the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in 2022, the game has become a timeless classic. Despite this popularity, players have been facing Modern Warfare 2 Dev error 11557 which disrupts their experience. So, if you want to know what is MW2 & Warzone 2 Dev error 11557 and how to fix it, you are at the right place.
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11557
Owing to its magnificent graphics and amazing storyline, gamers around the world are going gaga over Modern Warfare 2. However, if you encounter an unexpected error like 11557 in your gaming experience, you must know how to fix it. Luckily, this guide is here to the rescue.
To fix Modern Warfare 2 Dev error 11557, update the game as follows:
1. In Steam, open LIBRARY.
2. Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and select Properties.
3. Click on Update and select Always keep this game up-to-date.
What is MW2 & Warzone 2 Dev Error 11557?
MW2 is short for Modern Warfare 2 which is an FPS shooting game. It was Developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. On the other hand, Warzone 2 is the latest Call of Duty: Warzone game. It is a free-to-play battle royale game Developed by Raven Software.
Dev Error 11557 appears when players try to play MW2 or Warzone 2. Although it can occur due to various reasons, the most common culprits are problems with the game files or server. Accordingly, you might face problems with launching the game or the game crashing during gameplay. First things first, we have to know the possible causes for this Dev Error and then head to the methods to fix this issue and help you get back to your game.
Now that you know what is MW2 & Warzone 2 Dev Error 11557, let’s move on to what causes Dev Error 11557.
What Causes Dev Error 11557?
Other than corrupt files, there are numerous possible reasons for this error to occur. Many players stated that the error first occurred before the most recent update. But without any clear idea about the cause, we cannot fix this issue. Here are a few examples of what causes Dev error 11557:
- Outdated graphics driver- This can cause the game to crash frequently or fail to launch.
- Corrupt Files- Dev Error 11557 could appear on your screen if you downloaded the game wrongly and some files are missing, or for any other reason, the data is corrupt.
- Shader Caching Issues- Shaders are small programs that handle image rendering in video games. This error can occur if the cached shaders become corrupt or if the game engine is unable to access the cached shaders.
- Older Game Version– Not just in Modern Warfare 2, an outdated version of any game can cause such errors. Each program or game you use could have a lot of bugs and faults if it’s an old version.
Now, let’s see how Dev Error 11557 looks like when it appears on the screen.
How Dev Error 11557 Looks Like
Dev Error 11557 appears as a pop-up message on the screen when the game crashes or fails to launch. It just shows ERROR DEV ERROR 11557 along with an EXIT option at the bottom. Take a look at the picture below to get a better understanding of how DEV Error 11557 looks like. Now, let’s just head straight to the methods to fix Warzone 2 Dev Error 11557
Fix Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11557
Dev Error 11557 is a common error that Modern Warfare 2 players have reported, preventing players from fully enjoying the game. Below are some quick and easy solutions to fix Modern Warfare 2 Dev error 11557.
Method 1: Ensure Server Uptime
As mentioned earlier, this specific error code can arise due to temporary server downtime issues. To check whether this is responsible in your case, you can visit the official Activision Support page for the same. On this website, you can find the current server status of the game with just a few clicks. If the page confirms that Modern Warfare 2 is facing server downtime, wait for a few hours and try again later.
Method 2: Verify Game Files
As we have discussed, corrupt game files can be one of the major causes for this Dev Error to appear, so the first thing we must do is verify the integrity of game files. To check if there is a problem with the files or not and fix Warzone 2 Dev error, here is what you need to do:
For Steam Users:
1. Double-click on Steam to launch it.
2. Click on the Library option, as shown below.
3. Then, right-click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 tab.
4. Now, select Properties from the drop-down menu.
5. Click on the Local Files on the left-hand menu.
6. Finally, click on Verify integrity of game files.
For Battle.net Users:
1. Go to Battle.net in your web browser, or open the Battle.net app.
2. Click on Account, then click on Log in.
2. Go to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 menu.
3. Click on the gear icon.
4. Choose Scan and Repair.
Wait for the repair process to be finished.
Method 3: Update Modern Warfare 2
Another cause for the MW2’s Dev Error 11557 to occur is because of an outdated version of the game. Being a gamer, it is always important to check for constant game updates and keep the game up-to-date for better performance of the game, and updating also fixes such Dev Errors and other bugs. Therefore, here are the steps to do so:
For Steam Users:
1. Launch Steam and click on the Library option.
2. Right-click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 tab.
3. Select Properties.
4. Next, click on Update.
5. Now, select Always keep this game up-to-date.
Once the update has been installed, restart your Device and launch the game to check if the issue has been resolved.
For Battle.net Users:
1. Open the Battle.net launcher.
2. Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
3. Click on the gear icon beside Play.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions to check for updates and install them if there are any.
Method 4: Change In-game Graphics Settings
The next method you can try to solve Modern Warfare 2 Dev error 11557 is to change in-game graphics settings. Here are some steps to change MW 2’s graphics settings:
1. Open the game and navigate to the Settings menu.
2. Click on the Graphics option from the menu.
3. Now, select On-Demand Texture Streaming.
4. Click on Allocated Texture Cache Size, and select Small or Medium from the drop-down menu.
Method 5: Update Graphics Driver
Because Modern Warfare 2 is a graphically intensive game, your graphics driver is crucial to your gaming experience. By updating your outdated graphics driver, you can potentially fix Warzone 2 Dev error 11557. For this, you can either search for the most recent releases of drivers on their official websites or manually update them. You can follow our guide 4 Methods to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your graphics driver and see whether it has fixed the 11557 Dev Error.
Method 6: Update Windows
By updating your operating system, you can also get rid of such errors in your computer and games. Being a core component to running a computer, always check to see if your Windows operating system has been updated, and if it hasn’t, follow our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Method 7: Reinstall Modern Warfare 2
This approach must be the one if you have exhausted all other options and are looking for a last-ditch solution that will work for you. Nevertheless, you must first uninstall the game before reinstalling it. Reinstalling can be tedious and annoying, and nobody likes to do it. Here is how to fix Modern Warfare 2 Dev error 11557 by reinstalling the game:
1. Open the Steam app on your Device.
2. Find Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2 in Library.
3. Next, right-click on the game and select Manage.
4. Click on Uninstall.
5. Confirm your action by clicking on Uninstall.
6. Next, click on Install to download the game.
Once the installation is complete, launch the game and get back to enjoying the game seamlessly.
Method 8: Contact Activision Support
Contact Activision’s Support team if none of the suggested fixes were successful. To get in touch with Modern Warfare 2 customer support, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Activision Support website.
2. Log in to your Activision account by clicking on the Log in option.
3. Under I need help with section, select Modern Warfare 2.
4. Then select the platform for which you want the solution.
5. Select the topic Feedback and Bug Reporting.
6. On the Issue tab, select the I want to report a bug option.
7. Click on Report a bug in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
8. Then on the last page, fill in the necessary information and describe the bug or error and then click on Submit.
Fixing Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11557 can be done easily with the help of a few simple methods. By following the steps mentioned in this article, players can increase their chances of resolving the issue and get back to enjoying their favourite game. If you have any other queries or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below.