If you like streaming online content over cable, Hulu is one of the leading streaming services. The best part is that here you can find some of the greatest shows and blockbuster movies of all time. In other words, you can control what you want to watch and how. However, like other apps, you may often encounter issues. If so, read this article to learn how to fix Hulu error 94 on Samsung TV.
How to Fix Hulu Error 94
Before moving on to how to fix Hulu error code 94, let us first get familiar with what is this error. Error 94 occurs on Hulu when you are trying to log in to a streaming service. Hulu viewers can face this error on any platform such as Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chromecast, Samsung TV, etc. So, if this is also stressing you out then worry not as below, we have mentioned different methods to fix this error on Hulu.
You can try to Force Stop your Hulu app or restart your Samsung TV, but if these methods do not work for you try to Update your Hulu app:
1. Press the Home Button on the remote and go to Apps.
2. Go to Settings and toggle on the Auto-Update feature.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Let us now begin with the actual troubleshooting part to fix error 94 on Hulu on Samsung TV. Below we have mentioned the easiest and most effective methods you can try to get things back on track like a pro.
1A. Ensure Device Compatibility
Hulu supports several devices which makes it easier for users to enjoy Hulu on the go using a smartphone or at home on a big-screen TV. However, this can also make you confused regarding whether your device is compatible with the app or not. For instance, Hulu supports Samsung TVs since the year 2016 or later. But you can check more about the same on the official Hulu Support Centre for Samsung models.
1B. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
As mentioned earlier, online streaming services like Hulu need a stable internet connection to run smoothly. This also helps them with reducing buffering and maintaining crisp picture and audio quality. You can restart your modem or router by following our guide on How to Fix Samsung TV Wi-Fi Connection Issues.
1C. Wait for Hulu Server Uptime
Another thing that you need to ensure is that the Hulu app is currently not facing any server issues. Simply go to Downdetector and search Hulu in the search bar. If the website states that Hulu is undergoing something, wait for a few hours and try logging in to your Hulu account.
Method 2: Force Stop and Restart Samsung TV
Sometimes app-related issues can be a result of Samsung TV software glitches. To power cycle your Samsung TV and clear any background process you can try to force stop an app and then restart your Samsung TV.
- To force stop all you have to do is long-press the Return/Exit button on the remote.
- To restart Samsung TV long press the power button on your remote, and then Release the button once the TV turns off and on again automatically. However, before restarting ensure that your Samsung TV is on and is not on standby mode.
Finally, launch the Hulu app and try to log in using your email and password.
Method 3: Update Hulu App
It is common knowledge that an outdated version of any app can cause unimaginable errors and disruptions for users. The most common repercussions are frequent lagging and app crashing. To fix this, you can update the Hulu app on Samsung TV by following these steps:
1. Press the Home button on your remote and go to Apps.
2. From here, navigate to Settings.
3. Next, toggle on the Auto-update feature on the right side of the screen.
This will automatically update all the apps on your Samsung TV if they are pending.
Also Read: How to Get a Free Hulu Account
Method 4: Update Samsung TV
If updating the Hulu app was not fruitful, you can also try updating Samsung TV firmware. Doing so generally fixes app-related issues. Although most TVs update automatically, you can also try manually to ensure everything is up-to-date.
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Select Settings followed by Support.
3. Next, go to Software Update and select Update Now.
4. Once you are here, select OK and wait for the process to complete.
Also Read: How Do You Change Your Account on Hulu
Method 5: Clear Hulu App Cache
To prevent cache files from your Samsung TV, all you have to do is:
1. Press the Home button and go to Settings on the Smart Hub options.
2. Next, navigate to Apps and select System Apps.
3. Find Hulu and select the Clear Cache option on your screen.
4. Press OK to confirm.
Method 6: Reinstall Hulu App
Another effective method you can try to fix Hulu error 94 on Samsung TV is reinstalling the app.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Navigate to Apps.
3. Go to Settings at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Now find and select Hulu and choose the Delete option from the menu.
5. Select Delete again once the pop-up appears to confirm your choice.
6. Next, press the Home button and go to Apps again.
7. Select the search icon and type Hulu in the search box.
8. Choose the Install option and wait for the device to complete the process.
Once the Hulu installation is complete, log in using your credentials, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 7: Contact Hulu Customer Service
If the above-mentioned methods were unsuccessful in troubleshooting error 94 on Hulu on Samsung TV, you can try contacting the Hulu help center. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly faced errors by the Hulu community and a chance to get in touch with the support page staff.
- How to Screen Record on iPhone with Siri on iOS 16.5
- Fix Hulu Black Screen with Audio Issue
- Fix Hulu Not Working on Smart TV
- How to Cancel Hulu on Roku
Hulu is a great way to access your favorite content with just a few taps. By downloading the app on a smartphone, you can take it along with you to accompany you during traveling. We hope this article helped you with how to troubleshoot Hulu error 94 on Samsung TV. Share your reviews and feedback in the comments down below and let us know what you would like to read next.