Many situations demand you to look up the owner of a vehicle, incidents such as hit-and-run, accidents, thefts, etc. If you notice anything that is considered illegal, you can perform a search of the vehicle and also find registered owner of vehicle free in India. You can also get Vehicle details by number plate so you can know what type of vehicle they are using. In this article, we will show you how find car owner by registration number free. This can easily trace out their vehicle and give you the results accurately, So, Let’s get started.
How to Find Registered Owner of Vehicle for Free in India
Here, we have explained about the methods to find car owner by registration number free in detail.
Method 1: Through Parivahan Website
Parivahan’s website consists of a huge database of license number plates and details about these number plates, you can search this website to find car owner by registration number free.
1. Visit the official website for Parivahan.
2. Enter your Mobile Number and click on Next.
3. Enter the Password and again click Continue.
4. After entering the website, you need to input the Vehicle Number, and Captcha code and click on Vahan Search.
This will provide you with the vehicle’s owner’s name, date of registration, and also the city in which the vehicle was registered. More info, such as the engine number and the chassis number are also available for the vehicle you have searched.
Method 2: Through Vahan SMS Service
There’s also an SMS service that is run by Vaahan in which you can get simple details just by sending an SMS, follow the below steps to know how to get details using the SMS function and to Check Vehicle Owner details by Registration.
1. Type VAHAN (space) and the vehicle registration number.
2. Send the above message to the following number 7738299899.
3. You will then get the details of the vehicle owner through an SMS message.
Also Read: How to Look Up License Plate Number Owner
Method 3: Through Acko Insurance App
You can also use the Acko Insurance App to find registered owner of vehicle free in India to Check Vehicle Owner details by Registration Number.
2. Log in to the app through the mobile number and tap Continue.
3. After logging in, tap on the RTO info present in the app.
4. Now, enter the vehicle registration number and tap the arrow button to get complete details about a vehicle.
Why Would You Need to Find Out About a Vehicle Owner using their Registered Number?
There are various reasons why you would want to attain a registration number to be able to trace the owner and find registered owner of vehicle free in India.
- Buying a secondhand vehicle: Before buying a second-hand vehicle, you may want to check the vehicle owner’s details.
- Accidents: In case, there has been an accident and there have been damages incurred, you can locate the vehicle details using the vehicle registration number.
- Hit and Run: If you witness a Hit and Run incident, you can find registered owner of vehicle free in India, as an alternative you can also report the registration number to your nearby police station.
Also Read: How to Get PeopleFinders Free Trial
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I check the tax validity of the vehicle using the registration number?
Ans. Yes, you can check the tax validity of the vehicle. Just look for MV Tax up to on the website to view the tax validity details.
Q2. Can we find a person’s residential address by searching for their vehicle registration number?
Ans. No, to safeguard personal data and privacy, the addresses cannot be viewed on the website or on anywhere.
Q3. Does Vahan have an app to use?
Ans. Currently, no app is available for Vahan service yet, but we can expect an app to be launched on the AppStore anytime soon.
Q4. How does Vahan have all the data regarding motor vehicles?
Ans. Vahan collects all the motor vehicle data from the National Register of motor vehicles. The National Register of the motor vehicle in turn compiles all the data related to a motor vehicle from RTO (Regional Transport Office).
Q5. Can I find a vehicle registration number by providing Aadhar details?
Ans. No, Aadhar is safe and consists of important personal data that is usually not disclosed to anyone, So you cannot find the vehicle registration number by just using an Aadhar card.
Q6. Where can I complain about my vehicle registration detail?
Ans. If you have any issues or queries regarding vehicle registration details, you can visit your local RTO and get your doubts rectified. Each district is present with the respective RTO.
- 11 Solutions to Fix Outlook Error This Item Cannot Be Displayed in Reading Pane
- How to Change My Uber Car to Bike
- How to Find Registered Owner of Vehicle for Free
- What is Driving Too Close Behind a Vehicle Called?
We hope the above article on How to Find registered owner of vehicle free in India was helpful to you and you were able to trace a vehicle owner with the help of our article. Let us know which one of the methods worked best for you and feel free to drop a comment about the article, Thanks!