We spend hours on shopping sites to find the perfect dress, shoes, and face cream. Once we find the desired product, we place the order and wait till it gets delivered. But every morning, we track the date on teh shopping app on which the product will get delivered. Do you consider this method as time taking? If yes, then try the new Gmail feature. In this article, you will learn how to enable and use package tracking in Gmail app. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
How to Enable and Use Package Tracking in Gmail App
Gmail has added a new feature from November 2022 to track packages. And if you turn on this feature, you will receive status updates on your parcels in Gmail.
The steps that you need to perform on your smartphone to use the new feature launched by Gmail:
Note: These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
1. Open the Gmail app on your Android phone.
2. Now, tap on the Hamburger icon from the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Swipe down and tap on Settings.
4. After that, swipe down and tap on the desired email account for which you want to turn on this feature.
5. Then, mark the checkbox for the Package tracking option.
For orders with tracking numbers, Gmail will display the current delivery order status in a summary card at the top of individual emails and in your inbox list view.
Also Read: How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode on Windows 10
How to Turn Off Package Tracking in Gmail on Android
To disable the discussed feature, follow the same steps as before. But you need to uncheck the Package tracking option.
How to Enable Gmail Package Tracking iOS
To enable Gmail packing tracking iOS perform the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the Hamburger icon.
3. After that, tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Data Privacy.
5. Swipe down and turn on the toggle for the Package tracking option.
Note: Google will share the tracking numbers for your parcels with the delivery companies.
- How to See Archived Posts on Instagram Desktop
- How to Get Dark Theme on Spyder IDE
- How to Track Someone on Google Maps Without Them Knowing
- 5 Ways to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving Emails
We hope you learned how to enable and use package tracking in Gmail app. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.