With MS Excel, there are endless opportunities to get creative and make the most out of this software. It lets you organize an extensive amount of data in a put-together manner by simply using a spreadsheet. If you use Excel regularly, then it might be helpful for you to know how to create and edit named ranges in MS Excel.
How to Edit Named Ranges in Excel
Using spreadsheets in MS Excel can save a lot of time and promote efficiency. It is a fully-featured tool you can use for everything from formatting and organizing to calculating the available data.
Can we Create Named Ranges in Excel?
Yes, with MS Excel, you can use named ranges to refer to a formula, constant value, or selected cells. Accordingly, you can use the name in the formula rather than using cell references or constant values. But there are times when you need to edit these names. This article will help you with that so let us get started.
To edit named ranges in Excel, here is what you can do:
1. Open the Excel workbook and click and drag to select the range.
2. Click on Formulas and choose Name Manager.
3. Select the name, then click on Edit.
4. Enter the new name and click on OK.
How Do You Create a Named Range in Excel
Here are the steps you need to follow to learn how do you create a named range in MS Excel.
1. Open the Excel workbook in which you wish to create a named range.
2. Click and drag to select a specific range of cells.
3. Next, type your desired name in the name manager just above column A as displayed in the picture.
4. Press Enter key once you are done.
How Do You Edit Named Ranges
Here are the steps you need to know for how do you edit named ranges:
1. Press Windows key and search Excel and click Open.
2. Choose the workbook in which you wish to edit named ranges.
3. Next, click and drag to select the range.
4. Click on Formulas tab at the top.
5. Choose Name Manager to open it.
6. Select the name that you want to edit.
7. Finally, select the Edit option at the top.
8. Enter the new name in the Name: field.
9. Once you are happy with how it looks, click OK.
How Many Characters Can Be in a Named Range in Excel?
A name in MS Excel can be up to 255 characters. If a selected range name is more than 253 characters, then although you cannot select it from the Name box, you can still use it in formulas.
Can You Create Multiple Range Names in Excel?
Yes, you can create multiple named ranges in Excel if your data is arranged in a tabular manner.
- Hoverwatch Review – Is it Safe to Use?
- 10 Functions of MS Excel that Everyone Should Know
- How to Subtract Multiple Cells in Excel
We hope this article helps you in understanding how to edit named ranges in Excel. Please share your valuable feedback and reviews in the comments. Also, let us know what you would like to read next as we keep coming up with new tech-related stuff.