Want to let loose your inner Spielberg or Tarantino? Regardless of your prowess of direction and cinematography, the final result is greatly impacted by creative editing. This is where a professional video editing software such as Lightworks can be the sherpa you need. Get ready to bring your vision to live motion, as in this article, we will show you how to download Lightworks on Windows 10 PC, for free, both on 32-bit and 64-bit systems, Read more to find out!
What is Lightworks? How to Download It on Windows PC
Lightworks is a freemium non-linear professional video editing system designed for editing and mastering digital video. It is widely used in the entertainment industry for its comprehensive set of tools & features, real-time effects, and support for various video formats.
Lightworks is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. This ensures that a wide range of users can experience the benefits of this software. Let’s go through the process of downloading and installing it.
1. Launch the official Lightworks website on any web browser on the PC.
2. Click on START EDITING FOR FREE.
3. Hover the cursor on DOWNLOAD in the Free tile and select For Windows.
4. In the pop-up, choose the location where you want to save the installation files and click on Save.
5. Click on the .exe file and select Yes in the UAC prompt to confirm.
6. In the Installer Language pop-up, choose the preferred language and click on OK.
7. Now in the Lightworks Setup window, click on Next.
8. Select I accept the terms of the Licence Agreement and click on Next again.
9. Click on Browse to choose the Destination folder and then click on Next.
10. Choose the Start Menu folder in which you want to create the program’s shortcuts and click on Install.
11. Once done, click on Next, followed by Finish to close the wizard.
That’s it! You can now launch the software, create your account, and proceed ahead.
Also Read: 29 Best Free AI Voice Generator
Is Lightworks Free?
Yes, Lightworks offers a free version for beginners that provides substantial editing features and capabilities such as real-time effects, multicam editing, second monitor output, etc. It also lets users export editing projects to platforms such as Vimeo (H.264/MPEG-4) up to 720p and YouTube (H.264/MPEG-4) up to 720p.
However, there are two paid versions as well – Create ($9.99/user/month) and Pro ($23.99/user/month) with more advanced features such as 4K video export, social media templates, dynamic motion graphics, advanced audio EQ and much more.
Recommended: 5 Best Video Editing Software For Windows 10