Instagram Threads set up a community-type platform that made it easier for your users to initiate discussions and interactions around various topics. While it was well-received initially with millions of users signing up, it gradually lost its charm. However, the only way a user could delete their profile was by deleting an Instagram account. But no more! Meta has rolled out a new feature that allows users to delete their Threads account without deleting their Instagram profile. In today’s blog, we will show you how to do the same. Let’s get started.
How to Delete Threads Profile Without Deleting Instagram Account
Since earlier Threads did not allow users to delete their profiles, many users who signed up on the platform after its launch felt like they were tricked into it and were caught in the web. Fortunately, with the recent update, a new option has been added for you to easily delete or deactivate Threads, separately. All you need is to follow the steps below:
2. Tap the Profile icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on two horizontal lines icon at the top-right corner to open Settings, followed by Account.
4. Tap on Deactivate or delete profile.
5. Select Delete profile.
If you ever change your mind, remember that you can always reactivate or create a new Threads profile. If not on Instagram, you can create and use Twitter threads also.
How to Stop Threads Posts from Showing on Instagram and Facebook
Another option that numerous users have waited for is to turn off Threads posts on Instagram and Facebook feeds. So, considering this request, Meta has now added a separate option in the Privacy settings to stop Threads posts from showing up on other accounts. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Thread and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
2. Tap the two horizontal lines icon at the top right corner and in the Settings menu, tap on Privacy.
3. Tap on the Suggesting posts on other apps option.
4. Here you will have the option to turn off post suggestions for both Instagram and Facebook. Slide the toggle as preferred.
Also Read: 100+ Best Bio Ideas for Instagram Threads
Will Deleting Threads App Delete Instagram Account?
No, deleting your Threads profile will not delete your Instagram account. While this was the case earlier, with the recent update, Meta has made the change considering massive negative feedback from users.
That is it! If you were irked by that random number in your bio, we hope our guide helped you delete your Threads account without deleting your Instagram profile. If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments section below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such informative blogs.