Over the last few years, people have been experimenting with ChatGPT for fun conversations. From asking satires to exchanging thoughts, people are head over heels for this elusive language model. But if you want someone else to take over the conversation, you need to know how to delete ChatGPT history and account. After all, you do not want any embarrassing revelations for not knowing how to delete my Chat GPT account, do you?
Table of Contents
How to Delete ChatGPT History and Account
As you delve deeper into the world of ChatGPT, you may find that your digital footprint is larger than expected. So, if you’re concerned about your privacy, it’s essential to know how to delete your ChatGPT history and account. With Techcult as your guide, you can be confident in your ability to protect your data and maintain your privacy.
How to Delete ChatGPT History Individually
To delete ChatGPT history individually, follow these steps:
1. Open your web browser and go to visit the Official ChatGPT Website.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Click on the conversation you want to delete from the left panel to open it.
4. Click on the trash can icon.
6. Confirm that you want to delete the chat by clicking the check icon.
How to Delete ChatGPT History Completely
To speed up your process of deleting your ChatGPT history and account, you can delete your entire conversation history altogether by following these steps:
1. Log in to your ChatGPT account.
2. To delete all conversations, look for the Clear Conversations option on the sidebar of the page and click on it.
3. Confirm that you want to delete the chat by clicking on Confirm clear conversation option again.
Also Read: Fix ChatGPT Chat History Missing Issue
How to Delete ChatGPT Account
Finally, after deleting all the traces of your conversation history the final step is to delete your ChatGPT account. These are the methods you can follow to figure out how to delete your ChatGPT account.
Method 1: Through Official Website
1. Visit the OpenAI API and log into your account.
2. Click on the Help option at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select Messages once the chatbot appears on the screen.
4. Now, click on Send us a message.
5. It will show some options under What brings you here today? Out of all the options click on Account Deletion.
6. From the options at the bottom, select Delete my account.
7. It will re-confirm your choice, click on Yes, delete my account, and this will finally delete your account.
Method 2: Through Email
Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com. All you have to do is keep the subject of the email as Account Deletion Request and in the body write Please delete my account. Once your request is processed, your ChatGPT account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.
- What Parts Are Needed to Build a Gaming PC?
- 15 Best AI Productivity Tools
- Fix ChatGPT Access Denied 1020 Error