Learning new languages goes beyond the confines of school. It provides a chance to explore the world and understand diverse thinking. People want to learn languages for travel, career growth, or simply out of fascination, each with their own reasons. The Duolingo platform improves this experience by enabling you to select and remove language courses at your preference. So, this tutorial will guide you on how to add and delete languages on the Duolingo platform using your Android device.
How to Add and Delete a Language on Duolingo on Android
Picture yourself gaining the ability to learn various languages from around the world, as if you’re deciphering secret codes that open doors to new opportunities. Duolingo makes this achievable; you can choose the languages you want to learn and easily switch to a new one later. Before learning how to remove language from this platform, let’s understand how to add one. Let’s get started!
It is how to remove a specific language course on Duolingo.
1. Open Chrome browser on your Android phone and enable Desktop site.
2. Visit your Duolingo account.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the left pane and select SETTINGS.
4. Select Manage Courses.
5. Tap on REMOVE to delete a course.
How to Add a Language on Duolingo?
Broadening your language skills is a fun way to discover new cultures. To add a new language to your Duolingo profile, follow these steps:
Method 1: On Android
1. Open the Duolingo app on your smartphone.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your account.
2. Tap on the country flag icon from the top-left corner of the app.
3. Swipe left-right to view the available courses. Tap on + Course to add a new language.
4. Swipe down to find and select the desired language you want to learn from the list of available options.
5. Tap on the target language you’ve chosen and tap on CONTINUE.
Take a lesson or a test to add the language to your course list. You can also delete this language course on Duolingo easily afterward on your Android device.
Method 2: On Website
1. Visit the Duolingo website in a browser.
2. Log in to your Duolingo account using your credentials.
3. Hover over the country flag icon from the top-right corner to reveal a dropdown menu.
4. Click on Add a new course.
5. From the list, select the desired language that you want to learn.
6. Click on START COURSE.
You can choose between starting from scratch or checking your level. Complete the lesson or test, and the selected language will be added to your course list.
How to Delete a Language on Duolingo on Android?
Unfortunately, deleting a language course directly from the Duolingo Android app is not currently supported. However, you can still perform this task by using a web browser and accessing the Desktop site version of Duolingo. Follow these steps to delete a language from Duolingo on your Android device:
1. Open any web browser on your Android phone, such as Google Chrome.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
3. First, tap on the New incognito tab.
4. Then, select the Desktop site option.
5. Visit the official Duolingo website.
6. Log in to your Duolingo account using your credentials.
7. From the left pane, tap on the three-dotted icon > SETTINGS option.
8. Now, tap on Manage Courses.
9. To delete a course, tap on REMOVE and confirm the prompt.
How to Delete a Language on Duolingo on Computer?
Removing a language course on Duolingo through the computer website is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to your Duolingo account on your preferred web browser.
2. From the bottom left corner, hover over MORE and click on SETTINGS.
3. Click on Manage Courses from the right corner.
4. Locate the target language you want to delete from Duolingo and click on REMOVE to get rid of this language. Confirm your decision when prompted.
We expect this guide has effectively assisted you in understanding how to add and delete a language from Duolingo using your Android device. You can now easily turn your language goals into achievements. Share your thoughts in the comments, and stay updated with our website for content on trending topics. Here’s to mastering languages!