Microsoft Teams is a collaboration platform designed to improve team communication and productivity. Teams have become one of the most popular platforms for remote work due to their robust features and ease of use. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to create a team in Teams and give you some pointers to make the process go as smoothly as possible. So, keep reading till the end!
How to Create a Team in Microsoft Teams
Teams provide a convenient and versatile platform for staying connected and getting things done, whether you’re working on a project, managing a group of people, or simply wanting to keep in touch with friends and family. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to create a team in Microsoft Teams in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Follow the below steps to create a Team:
1. Open the Microsoft Teams app and click on the Teams tab from the left pane.
2. Click on Join or create a team.
3. Hover your mouse over the Create a team card and select Create Team.
4. Choose From scratch.
5. Select the desired team type.
6. Enter your Team name and fill out the description.
7. Finally, click on Create.
Who Can Create Teams in Microsoft Teams?
If you have the necessary permissions, you can easily form a team within the platform to bring your coworkers together and boost productivity.
- Anyone who is a Microsoft Teams administrator can form a new team in Microsoft Teams.
- Furthermore, team admins can form teams within the platform. It’s important to note that the ability to create teams is dependent on the user’s license, so make sure you have the necessary permissions and licenses before starting. If you are unsure, your Office 365 administrator can help you in determining whether you have the necessary permissions.
Also Read: How to Create a Group in Teams
How to Create a Team in Teams
In Microsoft Teams, teams can be created for different purposes and allow you to work with your team members and communicate with them in real-time. Now, to create a team in Teams, follow these below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Microsoft Teams app from the Windows Start menu.
Note: Make sure you are signed into your account.
2. Click on the Teams tab from the left pane.
3. Click on Join or create a team, as shown below.
4. Hover your mouse over the Create a team card and click on the Create Team option from it.
5. From the pop-up window, click on the From scratch option.
6. Select the desired team type for the What kind of team this will this be? question:
- Select Private to restrict content and conversation to a specific group of people.
- Select Public for a community or topic that anyone in the organization can join.
7. Enter your Team name and fill out the description.
8. When you’re finished, click on Create.
There you go! You have made a team in Microsoft Teams and that too from scratch. Just follow these steps precisely and you can form a team easily and in no time.
Also Read: How to Request Control in Microsoft Teams
How to Add Members in Team
Since you have learned how to create a team in Teams, it’s time to add some members and bring your coworkers together and boost productivity. So, let’s check out the steps to add members:
1. If you are the team owner, click on the three-dotted icon next to the desired team from the Teams tab.
2. Then, click on Add member.
3. Enter the desired name in the given field and select the desired profile from the search results.
4. Click on Add when you’re finished adding members.
Note: When you add someone to a team, they will be notified through email that they have been added and the team will show up in their list of teams.
5. Once done adding, click on Close.
So, that’s it! Adding members to a team is that easy and simple. Just follow these steps and you won’t have any difficulties while adding new members to your team.
- How to Unflip Selfies on iPhone
- How to Remove Contacts in Telegram
- How to Create Telegram Channel
- Best 10 Microsoft Teams Features
Therefore, the process of making a team in Microsoft Teams is simple and straightforward. You can quickly set up a new team, add members, customize settings, and begin collaborating by following the steps outlined in this guide on how to create a team in Teams. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to write on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.