Parental controls on the PlayStation 4 (PS4) provide a valuable tool for parents and guardians to manage and monitor their children’s gaming experience. Whether you want to restrict game content, set playtime limits, or control online interactions, the PS4 offers a range of customizable parental control settings. In this concise guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to change parental controls on your PS4, enabling you to tailor the gaming experience to your family’s preferences and ensure age-appropriate content and safety.
How to Change Parental Controls on PS4
You can change your age on PS4 only once on the Sony mobile communication page. You can visit this page and Sign in to your PSN account which is linked to your PS4.
How Do You Change Parental Controls on PS4?
Parental controls on PS4 can be implemented indirectly through smartphones, computers, etc. These controls help parents control the activity of their children while playing on PS4 since children are not mature enough to decide what is good or bad. However, if your child has come to a certain age where they want to revert certain parental controls, you can do so by following the given steps below.
Note: These steps are applicable only if you remember the System Restriction Passcode that you had set for the parental controls.
1. Access Settings on your PS4.
2. Choose Parental Controls/Family Management.
3. Then, enter your System Restrictions Passcode.
4. Choose the desired user for whom you wish to change parental controls.
5. Make the desired changes to the following Network Features.
- Communicating with Other Players
- Viewing Content Created by Other Players
- Age Filtering for Online Content
6. After making the desired changes, select Confirm to save them.
How Do You Change Parental Controls on PS4 Online?
As mentioned above parental controls are set to restrict certain features available on PS4. You can change parental controls on PS4 with the help of the steps mentioned above.
Note: The most important point to keep in mind is if you want to set or change controls online, make sure that you have created an account of your own on Play station Network along with the account of your children individually.
How Do You Reset the Parental Controls Password on PS4?
If you have a parent user account on the PSN network, or you are using the method of using the password to change the parental controls, it is possible sometimes that you might forget your password. If you have encountered such a situation, don’t worry! Here are some easy steps that you can follow to reset the parental controls password on PS4 to the default password of 0000:
Note 1: This method will restore all the current settings. However, you will not lose your game data and saved games with this method.
Note 2: You will get signed out of your PSn account on PS4 after performing this method. You can sign back into your account using your PSN account credentials.
1. Select the Settings option on your PS4.
2. Enter Account Management.
3. Choose the Activate as Your Primary PS4 option.
4. Hit the Deactivate option.
Note: Make sure to activate it again from this menu in the future after completing this entire reset/restore method.
5. Return to the Settings menu and select Initialization.
6. Now, choose the Restore Default Settings option.
7. Select the Restore option from the following menu screen to restore the parental controls to the default value.
Now, you can access the PS4 Parental Controls settings by entering 0000 as the password.
Also Read: How to Change the Family Manager on PS4
How Do You Reset Parental Controls on PS4?
If you want to reset or restore the parental controls on PS4 back to default settings, read and follow the steps mentioned above. With the help of these steps, you will not lose any of your game data and saved game files from your PS4.
How to Remove Parental Control on PS4 without Password?
Let’s see the steps to remove parental controls on PS4 without any password and without losing any of your PS4 data.
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your PS4.
2. Choose Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4 .
3. Select the Deactivate options and return to the Settings menu.
4. Then, select Initialization.
5. Choose Restore Default Settings > Restore.
After you complete these steps, the password for the parental controls will be set back to 0000. So, you can disable or change the parental controls further by following the same steps as mentioned above in this article.
Why Can’t I Change Parental Controls on PS4?
The PS4 provides parental controls to control the activities of the children while playing games on PS4. Children get addicted a lot to games, especially on PS4, because it provides some of the most amazing features to play games in 3D, etc. Hence, there should be some limits and restrictions for spending so much time on PS4. But if you are not able to change parental controls on PS4, it might be due to the following reasons:
- You might have entered the wrong password for the PS4 System Restriction settings.
- Your PS4 console is experiencing bugs or glitches.
- Your child is under 13 years of age, hence, you can’t turn the parental controls off.
Recommended: How to Remove a Family Member on PS4
We hope that this article was really helpful to you and provided you with all the required information on the topic of how to change parental controls on PS4 and if I can change my age on PS4. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.