Riot Games League Of Legends (LOL) is a popular multiplayer online Battle Arena game. LOL, as popular as it may be, is not without its flaws. You must pick a Summoner name and a username when you first start playing League Of Legends. Not everyone chooses the best name for themselves right away. As trends change, the username you have chosen may no longer be appropriate. In certain situations, it may grow on you over time. In others, it may make you an easy target for hostile taunts. Fortunately, changing the name of League Of Legends is a straightforward process. We bring to you a helpful guide to change Leagues Of Legends Summoner name.
Pro Tip: You can modify the spacing & capitalization of your Summoner Name without purchasing a Summoner Name Change, as a one-time exemption. Submit a request with SUBJECT: Summoner Name Change from here.
How to Change League Of Legends Summoner Name
If you have not played LOL in a while, you will see that all Summoner names have been disconnected from usernames and regions. Thus, it requires a mandatory username update. All affected individuals have received emails from RIOT advising them to change their usernames. You can update account info from here.
The difference between the two is quite simple.
- Your Summoner Name is visible to your friends and opponents in the battleground. It can also be seen in the friends’ list of others.
- Whereas, your Username is a component of your login credentials needed to access your League Of Legends account.
Note: Modification in Username will have no effect on your Summoner name and vice-versa.
Method 1: Swap Summoner Names On Same Server
If you have signed up for different accounts of League Of Legends on the same server, ensure that each account has its own unique username, summoner name & email ID. Then only, you will be able to change the League Of Legends Summoner name by swapping them from one account to the other. Submit a request with
SUBJECT: Summoner Name Swap on this page.
Also Read: Fix League of Legends Frame Drops
Method 2: Change Summoner Name From Game Store
Here’s how to do so:
1. Launch League of Legends game and click on the Store icon. It is marked as a few stacks of coins.
2. Here, click on the Account icon, as shown.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Summoner Name Change option.
4. Fill in your Desired Name and click the Check Name button to check if it’s available or not.
Note: Repeat Step 4 until you find a name of your choice that is available.
5. Finally, purchase it with 1300 RP (Riot Points) or 13900 BE (Blue Essence). This is how you can change Summoner name in League of Legends.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What conditions must be fulfilled in order to change the League of Legends name?
Ans. Riot supports a dedicated page on Summoner Name FAQs.
Q2. How much does it cost to change your Summoner name?
Ans. For 1300 Riot Points or 13,900 Blue Essence, you can change your name.
Q3. Is it possible to change my Summoner name for free?
Ans. Yes, without purchasing a Summoner Name change as a one-time exemption, you may alter your Summoner name for free by adjusting the spacing and capitalization of your name.
Q4. What is the difference between my Summoner name and my Riot Account?
Ans. In-game, your Summoner Name will be visible to your friends. This is the name that will appear on the screen and in the friend list of your friends. Unlike your Riot Account username, you may change your Summoner Name at any time. Your username or the method in which you log in will not be affected by this change.
- Where Are Steam Games Installed?
- Fix League of Legends Black Screen in Windows 10
- Fix Overwatch FPS Drops Issue
- Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Not Launching
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to change League of Legends Summoner name. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.