Netflix, Inc. is a production and streaming service operated by Americans. It was established in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California, and provides a library of movies and TV shows through trade arrangements in addition to their independent works, dubbed Netflix Originals. The list of Netflix-compatible devices includes TVs, set-top boxes, tablet computers, smartphones, portable media players, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and virtual reality headsets. Netflix can be accessed via an internet browser or app on all of these devices. If you are looking for answers to common questions on Netflix, like how to cancel my Netflix account and cancel my Netflix membership, you are at the right place! You will get the answers to these queries, along with the methods to contact Netflix customer service and thoroughly delete Netflix account.
How to Cancel My Netflix Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to cancel my Netflix account in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Yes, it is very easy. You have a lot of options when it comes to managing your Netflix account and subscriptions. The steps are more or less the same whether you are using a browser or a mobile application.
Yes. You can terminate your Netflix subscription at any moment, but this does not guarantee compensation. Netflix’s terms of service protect your viewership until the end of the billing cycle. For unused services, there are no refunds available.
According to Netflix, over 100 million families globally shared their account credentials after the 2022 third quarter. On July 20, 2022, it was revealed that Netflix’s adverts tier would debut in 2023 but wouldn’t include the entire catalog. 60 Netflix Originals were among the 5.1% of the library that was unavailable when Netflix US first started.
To cancel your Netflix subscription, follow the steps we have given below.
1. Visit the Netflix website on your browser and Sign In to your account with the account credentials.
2. Place the cursor over your profile icon and click on Account.
3. Under the MEMBERSHIP & BILLING section, click on Cancel Membership.
4. Mark the checkbox to receive all news about Netflix, if you want, and click on Finish Cancellation.
Also Read: How to Cancel Groupon Account
For a lot of users who like to view Netflix shows on their phones, canceling their membership isn’t too different from doing so on a web browser. Please follow the steps given below to cancel your membership on the phone:
2. From the home screen, tap on your profile icon from the top right corner to proceed to cancel my Netflix account.
3. Tap on Account from the options below.
4. Swipe down and tap on Cancel Membership.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions and Finish Cancellation.
Although you can’t complete the cancellation via the desktop app, you can check your account settings. You will have to follow the same instructions mentioned above to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Once you confirm your cancellation, you can still access Netflix until you reach your billing date. Starting at $9.99 per month, Netflix packages go up to $19.99 if you want Ultra HD content and several accounts per subscription. No matter which package you choose, Netflix will be available to you even if you cancel your membership. You can finish the trial run before you have to spend if you want to discontinue Netflix because Netflix will not refund the amount you have once spent. Let’s see the steps to cancel Netflix subscription:
1. Navigate to the Netflix website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Place the cursor over your profile icon and click on Account.
3. Then, click on Cancel Membership.
4. Now, select Finish Cancellation.
Also Read: How to Get Free Netflix Gift Card Code
How Do I Cancel My Netflix Account on My TV? How to Cancel Netflix on TV?
Unfortunately, you cannot directly cancel your Netflix account through your TV. But you can navigate to your Netflix account through a PC browser and cancel the account with the help of the steps mentioned above.
There is no direct process to cancel your Netflix account. You can cancel memberships, change plans, update profiles as well as share them with others. If you do wish to delete your account permanently, that would require a different process altogether. Your account will be closed after the current billing cycle if you simply follow the instructions we have provided before. After ten months, canceled Netflix accounts are immediately removed. You must contact Netflix using your registered email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have decided you want to cancel your Netflix account.
Firstly, you will have to cancel the current subscription plan of your Netflix account. Read and follow the steps mentioned above to do that.
After canceling your Netflix subscription, send an email with the request to delete your account with the help of the following steps:
1. Go to the email account linked to your Netflix account.
2. Then, Compose an email.
3. Send that email to privacy@Netflix.com asking them to delete your account and mention the reason as well.
Again, when it comes to mobile devices, the settings required to change or modify your subscription plans are more or less the same. However, in the mobile app, you can find the option to delete your Netflix account directly by following these steps:
Note: Make sure you have canceled your Netflix subscription first before attempting to delete the account. You can find the steps to cancel your Netflix subscription in the earlier headings.
1. Go to the Netflix app on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile icon > Account.
3. Swipe to the bottom and tap on Delete Account.
4. Confirm your identity with the help of the onscreen instructions to delete your Netflix account from the phone.
Also Read: How Do You Cancel Your Disney Plus Account
How to Delete Netflix Account?
You can delete your Netflix account by following the steps mentioned above.
Canceling your Netflix account on an iOS device like an iPhone can be done slightly differently compared to the steps you would have to take in case you are using an Android device.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your Apple ID from the top.
3. Tap on the Subscriptions option.
4. Locate and tap on Netflix subscription.
5. Then, tap on Cancel Subscription.
Also Read: How to Delete Netflix Cookies on Android
How to Cancel Netflix Account without Password?
You do not necessarily need to provide your password at any point to confirm your cancellation, apart from when you log in to your Netflix account. In the mobile app, you can be asked to confirm your identity through either Text message, Email, or Payment Details. But you can cancel the Netflix account subscription without using the app with the help of the steps mentioned above to avoid using the password at any stage.
You can call on 1-800-585-8018 to ask questions about your account or other queries.
Let’s see the steps to contact Netflix customer service to cancel account:
1. From your Netflix account, click on the profile icon > Help Centre.
2. Scroll down and click on START LIVE CHAT.
3. Choose the Tell us what your issue is option.
4. Type in your issue and select Chat with an Agent.
5. Request the agent to cancel your Netflix account.
6. Follow the instructions given by the agent.
- How to Cancel YouTube Premium Free Trial
- How to Remove an Account from Messenger App
- How to Delete Netflix Profile
- How to Cancel My Roku Account Subscriptions
We hope that you learned about how to cancel my Netflix account and cancel my Netflix membership. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.