Oculus, a division of Meta Platforms, is known for its virtual reality hardware and software products. If you’ve recently made a purchase but wish to return it, you may be curious about the refund process. In this article, we’ll explore how long Oculus refunds typically take and the entire process involved. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How Long Do Oculus Refunds Take?
The Oculus store is a hub of exciting games and applications, which offers ultimate virtual reality experience. But sometimes a purchase might be dissatisfying. In this case, you can get your money back from the Oculus store. We are going to share the whole refund procedure step-by-step, so keep reading.
Note 1: To request a refund on your purchase, you should have the Oculus app on your mobile phone.
Note 2: Before doing anything, you must know that once you submit your refund request, you will lose your access to the application and if it’s declined, you will get your application access back.
Here are the steps for the Oculus Store refund process:
1. Open the Oculus app on your phone and tap on Menu.
2. Open Settings and tap on your Purchase History.
3. Find the product you want to refund, then tap on the three vertical dots given on your screen.
4. On your screen, you’ll see an option to request refund, tap on that.
Now, you just have to follow the instructions and enter a reason for your refund.
Once the request is submitted, the Oculus Store will start the refund process which can take up to five days. If the Oculus team grants your refund, the money will be returned to your account, and this may take up to 2 weeks.
Also Read: Does Oculus Work with PS4?
What Are the Inventions of Oculus?
Oculus started inventing Virtual Reality products quite a long time, let’s have a look at some of their inventions:
- Oculus Rift: Oculus Rift was the very first widely known VR HMD that launched in 2016. The Rift was the change in the Virtual Reality market. This was discontinued in the year 2019, and it was named the new Rift S.
- Oculus Store: Oculus Store was introduced to promote VR, they needed a platform for easy access to the VR industry.
- Gear VR: This was Oculus’ first foray, which allows users to install games like smartphones. Gear VR was one of the first accessible VR experiences with tracking.
- Oculus Go: The first attempt by the platform to create a standalone experience was Oculus Go. It comes with a single-hand controller and head movement same as the Gear VR.
- Oculus Quest: Oculus Quest changed the virtual reality experience. For the very first time, users were able to experience full motion tracking with their hands and head.
- Oculus Quest 2: Oculus improved the performance of their standalone headset by releasing Oculus Quest 2 in September 2022. It comes with a lot of improvements like better tracking, a higher solution, and an improved refresh rate.
What To Do When Oculus Refund Approved But No Money Received?
So, if you have requested a refund on Oculus and your request is approved but you haven’t got your money back and now you are wondering where did your money go? Don’t worry read below to get the answer:
- Usually, it takes 5-7 business days to review your request and once it’s granted, you’ll get your money back in the next 7-10 days. So, I’ll suggest you wait a little more because such procedures take time.
- Just in case, even after 7-10 days, you didn’t get your money you should contact your bank to check the credit pending, you can also create a ticket with all the details on it so that the Oculus team can do a detailed check from their end.
Also Read: How to Change Batteries in Oculus Controller
What Are the Conditions of the Oculus Store Refund?
Some of the conditions of the Oculus store refund:
- If you are planning to raise a refund request on the Oculus store, you must do that within 14 days of your purchase.
- The Oculus store hardly grants refunds on films, subscriptions, or content purchased in-app, or the applications you have recently repurchased or refunded.
- Just in case, if you are not qualified for a refund under these conditions, you might still get one, only if the application is faulty or not as advertised.
We hope that our guide on how long do Oculus refund takes helped you to understand the money-back process in a better way. If you have any doubts, queries, or suggestions for us then please feel free to reach out. We would love to help!