Grand Theft Auto V welcomes game enthusiasts to experience action-packed, high-octane thrills and daring adventures on the streets of Los Santos. However, sometimes the journey comes with its fair share of unexpected twists and turns. Occasionally players have reported the Rockstar launcher error code 134 on GTA 5, which puts a temporary pause on their crime-spree stunts. Let’s discuss and further fix it in today’s article.
Fix Rockstar Launcher Error Code 134 in GTA V
GTA ranks among one of the highly acclaimed titles published by Rockstar Games. However, sometimes the launcher experiences issues while loading the game, which ultimately leads to nothing but frustration. As the error message seen on the screen suggests, it triggers when the services are unavailable and offline play cannot be verified. Let’s understand the reasons first and then go through the methods.
To fix Error Code 134 on GTA, first, improve the internet connectivity and then verify the game files following the undermentioned steps:
1. Open Rockstar Games and click on Settings.
2. Under My installed games, select Grand Theft Auto V.
3. Click on VERIFY INTEGRITY.
What Causes of GTA Error Code 134?
A few possible reasons that could cause Error Code 134 include:
- Outdated launcher
- Poor internet connection.
- Server issues.
- Blockage from Windows Firewall or 3rd party antivirus
- Corrupt game files
Now that we know the reasons, it’s high time to fix the error. Here are a few methods that you can follow:
Method 1: Restart PC
If there is a temporary loading issue or minor glitch behind the error, just giving your PC a fresh start can fix it all. You can follow our guide on 6 Ways to Reboot or Restart a Windows 10 Computer. Once you restart the PC, launch the game and see if the error message still shows up.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
For any online game, having a reliable and steady internet connection is the key to smooth gameplay. Troubleshoot the internet connection on your device and improve its speed to get fix GTA 5 error code 134 on a PC. Follow our guide on Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet!
Method 3: Wait for Server Up Time
If you still face the issue after fixing the internet, check once for the server. Sometimes it might not be an issue with the PC or any other factor from your side. Discrepancies in the server could hinder the game as well. Check the server status of GTA V on Downdetector. If there is any outage, wait for it to be fixed.
Method 4: Verify the Integrity of Game files
There might be instances when corrupt, broken, or missing game files could cause the error. As we already know that the error triggers when the game cannot be verified, let’s verify and repair the game files to fix it. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Rockstar Games launcher and click on Settings.
2. In the My installed games section on the left, select Grand Theft Auto V.
3. Now under Verify game file integrity, click on VERIFY INTEGRITY.
Method 5: Update Graphic Drivers
Graphic drivers are important for the game to perform at its best. Outdated drivers could trigger the GTA 5 error code 134. So, you can update them and then restart the game. Follow our guide on 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10.
Method 6: Reinstall GTA 5
If the error still persists, we suggest you uninstall the game and reinstall it. This should fix any form of bugs and glitches that the game might have encountered.
1. Open Rockstar Games Launcher and navigate to Settings.
2. In the My installed games, select Grand Theft Auto V.
3. Click on UNINSTALL on the right pane.
4. Now search for Grand Theft Auto V and Install it.
5. Log in using your credentials and check if the issue is resolved.
Also Read: How to Use Shunt Boost in GTA 5
Method 7: Reinstall Rocket Launcher
Lastly, if the above method does not help, the only way to fix this error is by reinstalling Rockstar Launcher. It will give you a fresh start by removing the corrupted files. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Make sure to back up all the game data and files.
1. Open the Control Panel on the PC and select Programs.
2. Under Programs and Features, click on Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click on Rockstar Games Launcher and select Uninstall.
4. Once the process gets completed and then Restart the PC.
5. Now launch the official Social Club website for Rocket Games Launcher and click on Download for Windows.
Recommended: How To Get GTA Shark Card For Free
We hope our guide helped you fix Error Code 134 in GTA 5. If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments box below. For more such tech-related issues, stay tuned to TechCult.