The Xbox is a highly sought-after platform for both professional gamers and even for those seeking entertainment, provided they are willing to invest in it. Anyway, the extensive capabilities of this Microsoft console make every penny worth it once the user is swept away by the tremendous experience of high-quality games. Aside from that, Game Pass Ultimate offers a range of Perks that not only elevate gameplay experience but also its abilities to new heights. Unfortunately, users recently experienced an error where they saw this sorry we can’t show Game Pass Perks right now message on the screen while trying to access the Perks. Let us then fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
How to Fix Sorry We’re Having Trouble Showing the Details of This Perk
As we move forward in this article, we will find solutions to the problem of sorry we can’t show Game Pass Perks right now and learn how do you activate Perks on Game Pass, but before we do that, let’s look at what might be the potential reason for the problem.
You can update Xbox app on your system to resolve this issue. If that doesn’t help try to repair Xbox on your computer by these simple steps:
1. Launch Settings and go to Apps.
2. Go to Installed apps and navigate to Xbox.
3. Choose Advanced options then click on the Terminate button.
4. Now click on Repair and confirm.
Why can’t I see my Xbox Game Pass Perks?
- Outdated Xbox App: An outdated Xbox app may lack features, may be prone to bugs and security threats and glitches in its functioning as well. This soon turns out to be the reason user’s face errors with any program.
- Improper configuration in user’s Microsoft Account: Improper configuration means a problematic location or age of the user or subscription issues or wrong email-id or password. Microsoft Xbox Game Pass requires a minimum age of 18 to be able to use it. If the user’s Microsoft account is set to be under 18 years of age, this could result in a restriction.
- Corrupt Installation of Xbox App or Microsoft Store: If you were experiencing trouble with internet connectivity to your device at the time you were installing the Xbox app or this might have been caused by a bug or third-party software interaction which damaged the program files, you might face trouble with the app and it could leave you with the query why can’t I see my Xbox Game Pass perks.
- Unfulfilled location requirements: The Xbox Game Pass perks are unquestionably advantageous for those who are into gaming and wish to purchase the extra benefits that come with it. Although they are slowly expanding more of their perks to multiple regions, it is possible that the particular perk is not available at your location at this time. As a result, this issue can arise due to unfulfilled requirements. Failure in Xbox Server
How to Fix Sorry We Can’t Show Game Pass Perks Right Now Error
Here are the methods you can use to fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
Method 1: Get Xbox Game Pass Subscription Account
Now, before you try any of the troubleshooting methods, check if your subscription for the Xbox Game pass is active. The Game Pass perks are only available for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members and if you are not a member or the subscription has expired, this can be why you are not able to obtain the perks. Upgrade to Xbox Live Gold and subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to access the perks.
Method 2: Log in to Xbox Account
It is imperative for you to check which account you are logged into within the Xbox app if you are sure that it hasn’t been long since you paid for the subscription and the premium bonuses haven’t expired. If the account you are using has a valid subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and you are still facing the error and need to fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk, move to the next method and follow the steps.
Method 3: Update Windows OS
For any program to function without a hitch, it needs to ensure proper compatibility with the operating system of the hardware it is running on. This is because of bugs or minor glitches in the operating system that affect other software programs as well. To resolve the error that displays this message, sorry we can’t show game pass perks right now, you can first attempt to update Windows to the latest build. To update your PC, follow our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 11 Updates.
Also Read: Fix Windows Store Error 0x80240024
Method 4: Update Xbox App
Now that you have updated the Windows OS on the PC, it is time to ensure that the Xbox App is also up-to-date with its latest version. The Xbox App in its update would guarantee that any form of bug in the prior version is fixed by the developers. Furthermore, the app would enable the latest security patches in order to protect against viruses and malware threats.
1. Launch the Microsoft Store on a Windows PC.
2. Click on the Library tab from the left pane.
3. Navigate to the Xbox App from the list of apps installed.
4. Choose Update next to the name of the app.
The image above shows the option to Open next to Xbox because the Xbox app on your PC is already up-to-date. If that on your PC is still not updated, the Update option will be there.
Method 5: Use VPN
For PC users, VPN may act as a boon in fixing such errors. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) shift the program’s access to a different IP address. This helps the device to connect to the server from another region, i.e., country. This helps them to use a perk that is limited to a different country and not available in their location. This might resolve why can’t I see my Xbox Game Pass perks query for you.
To use VPN, first ensure that VPN services are enabled on your PC. For this:
1. Search for VPN settings on a Windows PC and click to open it.
2. Enable the following options under Advanced settings for all VPN connections:
- Allow VPN over metered networks
- Allow VPN while roaming
3. Now, download and install a VPN service application on your PC. You might need to buy a subscription to use some, depending upon the VPN service you opt for.
4. Now connected to the server of a location where that particular perk with which you are experiencing the issue is supported.
5. Now get back to the Xbox app, open it and check if the complaint is resolved.
Also Read: 21 Best Free VPN for Windows 10
Method 6: Change Language and Regional Settings of System
As we read in the reasons, that location can also be why you find the issue with the Xbox Game Pass. Therefore, changing the location and language in the system settings might be helpful. To change these settings on your Windows 11 PC follow these steps and fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk error.
1. Before moving further, the first step is to close the Microsoft Store app and the Xbox app. Moreover, also shut any related program or process is running in the background.
2. Launch Settings on the PC.
3. Tab to the Time & language settings.
4. In the right pane, click on Language & region.
5. Now, for Country or region, choose the preferred/supported country, e.g., United States.
6. Now click on Add a language to add the language for that region. In our case, we chose the United States as the country, so the language we chose was English (United States).
7. After adding the new language, hold it from the list of Preferred languages and drag it to the top.
8. Now, choose Windows display language for that region, i.e., English (United States) in our case.
9. Restart the PC and check if this resolves the issue.
10. If the error does not fix, set the country or region, and language settings in match with the user’s Xbox account settings and again restart the PC.
Take a look if this did fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
Method 7: Repair Program and Reset to Factory Defaults
The next attempt can be made by repairing the Xbox program and resetting the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store app to their factory configuration. This would get all the corrupt files of these software programs fixed and possibly resolve the issue. Follow these steps to repair and reset the Xbox and its related apps and Microsoft Store on the PC.
1. Launch the Xbox app on your PC.
2. At the top-left corner of the window, click on the gamer tag.
3. Select Sign Out.
4. Close the Xbox app.
5. Now, open the Microsoft Store app on the PC.
6. Click on the profile picture/icon next to the search bar.
7. From the pop-up, select Sign out.
8. Confirm to Sign Out and close the app.
9. Then, launch Settings on the PC and click on Apps.
10. On the right pane, click on Installed apps.
11. Navigate to Xbox in the list of apps and click on the three vertical dots icon next to its name.
12. Choose Advanced options.
13. In the new window, click on the Terminate button.
14. Now click on Repair and confirm.
15. Lastly, click on Reset and then confirm to reset the Xbox app to its default factory configuration.
16. Repeat the same steps for Xbox-related applications on the PC such as Xbox Live, Xbox Game Bar, etc.
Now, to repair and reset Microsoft Store, you would need to run wsreset command.
17. Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
18. Type wsreset in the dialog box and press Enter key.
19. Wait until the Microsoft Store repairs and launches and log in with the same credentials as the Xbox account.
20. Tab to Library and click on Get updates in the right pane.
21. Install the updates and restart the PC.
22. After the PC restarts, launch the Xbox app and log in with the Xbox account that has subscription to the game pass.
Finally, verify if the hardship of this method turned fruitful for you in resolving the issue.
Also Read: Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on Xbox
Method 8: Complete Uninstallation and Reinstallation of Xbox App
When the last method did not do any good, this is finally we can do to claim perks on the PC itself. This method will give a chance to the app for proper installation and therefore fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
1. Launch Settings on the Windows PC.
2. Click on Apps and then on Installed apps.
3. Scroll down to Xbox and click the three vertical dots icon on its right.
4. Choose Uninstall.
5. Open the Microsoft Store.
6. Search Xbox in the search bar.
7. Click on Get to install it. The picture below shows Open because on our PC, the Xbox app is already installed.
Method 9: Claim Perks on Different Platform
If none of the previously mentioned methods worked for you in fixing the error, we recommend switching to a different platform, i.e., a smartphone or an Xbox console. You can then claim Xbox Game Pass Perks from there. This entails utilizing the Xbox Game Pass mobile app to claim the Perks of the Xbox Mobile Pass through it. Although not all Perks like Discord Nitro, Disney+, and more are available through the mobile app, some of them are, and you can access and take advantage of them.
1. If you do not have the Xbox Game Pass app installed on your smartphone, download it from the links given below and install it on the device.
2. Log in using the credentials of the Xbox account.
3. Tap on your profile picture/icon.
4. Under Perk, select Show All.
5. Claim a game perk to check if by changing the platform you can obtain it.
If you have an Xbox console, try claiming the perks using that.
Method 10: Contact Xbox Support
That brings us to the ultimatum of solutions. If you have an active subscription and even after following the procedures or trying to procure the perks on a different Xbox platform are still not able to resolve the query, sorry we can’t show Game Pass Perks right now, contact Xbox support and ask them to help you to fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
How do you Activate Perks on Game Pass
Now that we know why can’t I see my Xbox Game Pass Perks, and we have tried to fix the issue going around with it, let us find a way of activating the perks. As we know that access to Xbox Game Pass is available through all three platforms that include: PC, Xbox console, and smartphone, we have listed down the steps for all of them.
How to Claim Xbox Game Pass Perks on Xbox Console
If you are already signed in to the Xbox console with an account that has a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, then follow these steps. If you are not, log in to the console first with the account used to buy membership.
1. Scroll to Game Pass and press A on the controller to select it.
2. In the game pass menu, scroll to the Perks option colored in gray and select it by again pressing A.
3. You’ll see a list of the Perks available for you. Choose the one you want, navigate, and press A to select it.
4. On the pop-up, select Claim.
You can redeem the code now, or else press B to exit and redeem that later. To redeem code later, on the Perks screen scroll down to Your Codes and follow the under-mentioned steps.
5. Highlight the Perk you selected and press A to open the perk redemption screen.
6. Scan the QR code on a smartphone or any other device, or select the Open in Microsoft Edge option at the bottom-left of the screen.
7. Now this will open on a website, from where you can redeem the Perk code and enjoy its benefits.
How to Claim Xbox Game Pass Perks on PC
If you bought the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and now are clueless about how do you activate Perks on Game Pass if you are using a PC, these are the steps to follow.
1. Launch the Xbox Game Pass app on the PC.
Note: You can buy Xbox Game Pass from Microsoft Store.
2. Left-click on the Perks option.
3. Navigate to the perk you want to claim and click on it.
4. Now, choose either See in Store or Claim Perk.
This would either take you to the Microsoft Store download page or provide a code to redeem in the Microsoft Store.
5. Download the perk or enter the code if required.
Also Read: How to Change Card Details on Xbox One
How to Claim Xbox Game Pass Perks on Smartphone
To obtain the Perks through a smartphone:
1. In the Xbox Game Pass app, tap on the Profile Picture or icon at the bottom.
2. In the Game Pass Profile, the Perks would be visible. Tap Show All.
3. Scroll down and select the Perk you want to claim.
Note: All the Perks are not available on the smartphone and you would have to find them on a console or a PC.
4. Tap the green Claim icon.
5. This will show the Redeem Code that can be entered in the Microsoft Store via Xbox console or PC.
6. Tap and hold the code to copy it.
7. Redeem the code via the Microsoft Store to claim the benefits.
- Passing the Torch in Far Cry 6: Treasure Hunt Guide
- Fix Chat GPT 403 Forbidden Error
- Is There Apex Legends Split Screen on Xbox One?
- How Much is Tax on Xbox One Store?
Thank you for reading. It’s time that you claim and munch a perk. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to fix we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best to solve Sorry we can’t show game pass perks right now error. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.