In this contemporary era, our phone has become such an integral part of our life. It is used to keep in touch with our friends and family, browse various apps and more. Imagine you have to attend an important call and your iPhone does not ring, this situation can be really frustrating. If you wish to learn how to fix your iPhone not ringing for incoming calls, then you are at the right place. Keep reading till the end to fix this issue.
How to Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problem
iPhone not ringing when calling someone issue can create a lot of fuss, but you do not have to worry because in this article you will gain insights on how you can fix this issue.
Follow the below steps to fix this ringing issue on iPhone:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Sounds & Haptics.
3. Then, set the Ringtone and Alerts Volume slider to maximum.
Method 1: Restart iPhone
When you restart your device, then the bugs in your device can be fixed. Moreover, your device also gets rid of temporary glitches. So, restart your device to fix iPhone Not Ringing Problem. To make yourself familiar with how you can restart your iPhone, read our guide on How to Restart iPhone X.
Method 2: Toggle Off Airplane Mode
When Airplane mode is turned on your device, then you can come across iPhone not ringing problem because turning on airplane mode disconnects your iPhone from the communication services like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular networks. So, ensure that it is turned off. To do so read below:
1. Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone screen to access the control centre.
Note: On iPhone models such as iPhone X and later, swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control center. On iPhone 8, iPhone SE, and earlier, you will have to swipe up from the bottom.
2. Next, if the airplane icon is highlighted in orange, then that means that your device is in airplane mode, tap on the Airplane mode icon to toggle it off.
Method 3: Turn Off Silent Mode
If your iPhone is left in silent mode, then you can face this problem, so ensure that this is not the case with you. To check this, have a look at the volume buttons of your iPhone. The volume buttons are located on the top-left corner of your iPhone. A thin orangish line would be visible above the slider if the silent mode is turned on on your device. So, turn it off if you do not want to come across iPhone ringing issue.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sleep Mode on iPhone
Method 4: Clean iPhone Speaker
When debris and dust accumulate on your speaker, then that can obstruct the speaker thereby leading to an iPhone ringing issue. So, clean the iPhone grills, to clean that area use a cloth or use a professional tool to clean out the pores of any stuck dust particles, and then your problem might get resolved.
Method 5: Increase Ringtone Volume
Another reason why are you facing iPhone ringing issue can be because the ringtone volume is too low on your device. So, to increase the ringtone volume press the top button located on the left side of your device. The button located below the top button is for decreasing the volume.
If you are not able to adjust the volume using these buttons, then there might be some issues with them. So, in this case, you can adjust the ringtone’s volume by making use of the Settings app. To learn how you can do that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. First, navigate to the Settings app.
2. Next, tap on the Sounds & Haptics option.
3. Then, set the Ringtone and Alerts Volume slider to maximum.
Method 6: Disable Do Not Disturb Feature
If Do Not Disturb feature is enabled on your device, then you can face iPhone Not Ringing Problem as this feature prevents users from getting disturbed. So, when you receive any incoming calls, then your ringer might not make a sound. To learn, how do I fix my iPhone not ringing for incoming calls, read the steps discussed below:
1. First, go to the control center on your iPhone.
2. If the Do Not Disturb mode is turned on, then the crescent moon icon will be highlighted in purple. To toggle off this feature, simply tap on the Do Not Disturb option and make sure it is no longer highlighted in purple instead it should be transparent.
Also Read: How to Change Your Caller ID on iPhone
Method 7: Disconnect Bluetooth Devices
If your phone is connected to an external device via Bluetooth, then you will no longer hear your iPhone ringtone from its speakers. So, make sure you disconnect those devices by turning off Bluetooth, in order to avoid iPhone not ringing when calling someone.
To turn off Bluetooth, navigate to the control center by swiping down from the top right corner. Then, if the Bluetooth icon is highlighted in blue, then that means it is on, tap on it to turn it off.
Method 8: Change Selected Ringtone
If the ringtone is not alarming, then you may sometimes not notice your phones ringing. In this case, you should try changing it. To do so, follow the steps given below:
1. Launch the Settings app, then tap on the Sounds & Haptics option.
2. Tap on Ringtone and then choose the ringtone from the given options which you find most striking.
Method 9: Change Custom Ringtones
If a custom ringtone is set for specific contacts, then there is a possibility that you might be facing an issue with your iPhone’s ringtone while receiving calls from those people. So, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue:
1. Navigate to the Contacts app on your iPhone, then choose the desired contact.
2. Following that, tap on the Edit option located in the top right corner.
3. After that, check the ringtone for that particular contact by tapping on the Ringtone option.
4. Next, if any other ringtone has been assigned, then try making the ringtone as Default and then check if you are able to resolve the issue.
Also Read: How To Auto-Reply to Texts on the iPhone
Method 10: Modify Blocked Contact List
You can come across iPhone not ringing problem if you have blocked the contact number as you will not be notified when you receive calls from the blocked number. So, ensure that this is not the case with you. To check this, read the steps below:
1. First, tap on the Settings app on your device.
2. Next, tap on Phone > Blocked contacts.
3. Swipe down and check the list of blocked numbers. If it is there, then swipe the number to the left and then tap on Unblock.
Method 11: Toggle Off Call Forwarding
Disabling the call forwarding feature can help resolve the issue you are facing. When this feature is enabled, then the calls you receive are diverted to another number automatically. To toggle off this feature, follow the steps discussed below:
1. Open the Settings app on your device, then tap on the Phone option.
2. After that, tap on the Call Forwarding option and toggle off the Call Forwarding slider.
Method 12: Turn Off Silence Unknown Callers
By turning off the silence unknown callers feature iPhone not ringing problem can be resolved. If you enable this feature, then the calls from unknown numbers are silenced. Read the steps given below, to turn off this feature:
1. Go to device Settings and then tap on Phone option.
2. After that, toggle off the Silence Unknown Callers slider.
Method 13: Disable Calls on Other Devices
If you have the Calls on Other Devices feature enabled on your iPhone, then you can take your calls from Apple devices having similar Apple ID like your Apple watch, Mac, iPad etc. If this feature is enabled then you might come across iPhone not ringing problem. So, to turn off this feature, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Go to Phone settings on your device Settings.
2. Next, toggle off the Calls on Other Devices slider.
Method 14: Update iPhone
Try to keep your iPhone updated and install the latest software available on your device as it might fix the issues you are facing. Make sure you have a good internet connection before installing the latest update. Follow the given below to update your iPhone:
1. First, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on General.
3. Then, tap on the Software Update option.
4. After that, tap on the Download and Install option.
Method 15: Reset Network Settings
To fix iPhone not ringing problem try resetting network settings on your device. This method would delete all your network settings, such as any device that you have paired with Bluetooth, saved Wi-Fi passwords etc. To reset network settings, read the points given below:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Next, tap on the General option.
3. Then, scroll down and then locate the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. Finally, tap on Reset> Reset Network Settings option.
Method 16: Factory Reset iPhone
When you factory reset your iPhone, then all your information and data get cleared from your device. So, make note of this point before opting for this step. To know how you can perform a factory reset, you can read our article on How to Factory Reset iPhone X.
- How to Set Up Two Factor Authentication App on Twitter
- How to Post a WhatsApp Audio Status
- 12 Bad iPhone Habits to Break Today
- 13 Ways to Fix iPhone Volume Too Low
We hope you found this article useful as we have discussed how to fix iPhone not ringing problem and more. We believe the methods given in this article were helpful and you were able to resolve the problem. If you have any suggestions or queries, you can type them in the comment section below.