The flashlight feature of an iPhone is mostly used in low-lit or dark environments. Apple has made the flashlight feature accessible right from the lock screen of your iPhone so that you can use it with ease whenever required. Despite this feature being designed in a way so that it works nicely, it is not resistant to failure. But if you face iPhone camera and flashlight not working on iPhone 7, 11 and 13 issue any day then don’t worry because, in this post, we will tell you how you can fix iPhone flashlight not working issue.
- How to Fix iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- Why is iPhone Flashlight Not Working?
- Method 1: Charge your iPhone
- Method 2: Let your iPhone Cool Down
- Method 3: Restart iOS Device
- Method 4: Use Flashlight in Control Center
- Method 5: Close Camera App
- Method 6: Update iOS Device
- Method 7: Turn Off Low Power Mode
- Method 8: Use Camera Flash
- Method 9: Remove Flashlight from Control Center
- Method 10: Reset iPhone Settings
- Method 11: Factory Reset iPhone
- Method 12: Contact Apple Support
How to Fix iPhone Flashlight Not Working
Continue reading to know about the possible solutions to solve iPhone camera not working problem in detail.
Why is iPhone Flashlight Not Working?
Before knowing the methods to fix iPhone flashlight not working problems you should first know what causes iPhone camera and flashlight not working issue. You can read the following points to know the causes.
- A software glitch or bug can cause the flashlight feature to malfunction.
- If your device has a low battery level, then this can also prohibit the flashlight or torch from turning on.
- If your iPhone is warmer than it usually is then it may be on the verge of overheating. So, in this case, you can come across iPhone flashlight not working problem.
- This issue can also be caused if there are apps on your iPhone that use the flashlight feature and are stopping it from turning on when required.
- Sometimes there can be a problem with the services as well, thus preventing the essential features of your device like the flashlight to stop working.
To fix the flashlight not working on iPhone 11, flashlight not working on iPhone 13, and flashlight not working on iPhone 7 problem you can follow the below methods.
Method 1: Charge your iPhone
If your device has a low battery level, then this can also prohibit the flashlight or torch from turning on. Thus, you should try plugging your device into a power source and start charging it to fix iPhone flashlight not working issue.
Method 2: Let your iPhone Cool Down
When your iPhone gets too hot, then you can come across iPhone flashlight not working issue. So, in this case, you should stop using an overheating iPhone and let your phone’s temperature lower naturally and once your iPhone cools down, your iPhone’s flashlight should start working again.
Also Read: How Long Do iPhone Chargers Last?
Method 3: Restart iOS Device
You can restart your iPhone to solve iPhone camera and flashlight not working issue. There can be a bug on your device that might lead to this issue so restarting the device helps to get rid of bugs and glitches. To restart your iOS device, abide by the steps given below.
- On iPhone without Home Button: You have to Press and hold the volume up or down button and the side button until the slide to power off is visible on the screen. After that, you have to swipe the power off slider to turn off your device. Hereafter, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On iPhone with home button: You have to Press and hold the side/top button and then swipe the power off slider to turn off your iPhone. Then, press and hold the side/top button to restart your device.
Method 4: Use Flashlight in Control Center
If your iPhone’s flashlight is not working then you can test the flashlight feature by using the control center. You can also manage and adjust the brightness of the flashlight by making use of its slider.
1. On an iPhone with the Face ID: You will have to swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to access the control center.
2. On an iPhone with the Home Button: You will have to wipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to bring up the control center.
3. Then, tap on the Flashlight icon to see if it is functioning properly.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted iCloud Email
Method 5: Close Camera App
In the case of the iPhone, both the camera’s flash and the flashlight use a similar bulb, so it is good to close the camera app while you are switching on the flashlight to avoid any kind of issue. If the camera app is open in the background, force quit this application. To force quit the camera app, you can follow the steps given below.
- If you are using an iPhone 8 or a previous model of iPhone like the iPhone 7, then you need to double-click the home button to see the applications which have been recently used.
- If you are using an iPhone X or the latest model of iPhone for instance iPhone 11 or iPhone 13, then you will have to swipe upwards from the bottom of your screen and then stop at the middle of your screen, this will show you all the applications that you have been running currently.
- Then, swipe right or left to look for the camera app and then swipe up to close the camera application.
Method 6: Update iOS Device
If you have not updated your iOS device to the latest version then this can cause some bugs and glitches in your iPhone which can lead to iPhone flashlight not working issue. So, you should try updating your iPhone when the new update is available. Follow the steps given below to update your iOS device and fix flashlight not working on iPhone 13 issue.
1. First, navigate to the Settings option on your iPhone.
2. Here, tap on the General option.
3. Then, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Hereafter, click on the download and install option, if a message pop up asking you to remove apps temporarily because your device wants more space for the update, then tap on Continue or Cancel.
5. If you want the update to happen immediately, then tap on the Install option on the screen. You are also provided with the choice to install the software later by opting for Install Tonight or Remind Me Later.
6. If you tap on Install Tonight, and then plug your iPhone into power before you sleep, your iPhone will be updated automatically overnight.
Method 7: Turn Off Low Power Mode
When you turn on Low Power Mode on your iPhone then some features are disabled to preserve the battery of the device. When low power mode is turned on iPhone, then the colour of the battery level on your iPhone changes to yellow which was previously green. The Low Power Mode prompt comes up automatically when the battery percentage on your iPhone falls below 20 per cent. Thus, if you want to preserve the battery life of your phone, then you can keep your device in Low Power Mode all the time.
But your iPhone’s flashlight is generally one of those features that will get disabled by low power mode. You can follow the steps given below to turn off Low Power Mode.
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, choose the Battery option.
3. Finally, tap to toggle off the Low Power Mode option.
Method 8: Use Camera Flash
If you are not able to turn on your iPhone’s flashlight from the Control Center, then you can try turning it on from the Camera app on your iPhone by switching on the flash function. If you want to follow this method then you can try the methods given below
1. First, Go to the Camera app on your device.
2. Then, Go to the Video mode.
3. After that, swipe up from the bottom menu to bring up some more options.
4. Finally, tap on the Flash icon and choose the On option.
Also Read: How to Decode iPhone Analytics Data
Method 9: Remove Flashlight from Control Center
You can remove the flashlight option from the Control Center and then add it back to fix the flashlight not working issue. Here is how you can remove the flashlight option from the Control Center.
1. Starting with, move to the Settings app on your device.
2. Then, choose the Control Center option.
3. After that, under Included Controls, tap the red minus icon for Torch or Flashlight and Tap on Remove to confirm your action.
4. Hereafter, to add the flashlight option back, scroll down to the More Controls section and tap on the plus icon for Flashlight.
Method 10: Reset iPhone Settings
You can also choose the reset iPhone settings option on your iPhone to fix iPhone flashlight not working on iPhone 13 issue. Follow the given steps below if you want to try this method.
1. First, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Consequently, tap on the General option and here you will be able to see the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
3. Then tap on the Reset -> Reset All iPhone option.
Method 11: Factory Reset iPhone
Factory Reset is an extreme measure, and it would remove all data from your iPhone. After this, you will need to completely start over again. If you want to try this method, then you can follow the below steps to solve iPhone camera not working issue.
1. First, navigate to the Settings option.
2. Consequently, move to the General option and here you will find either Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Then, tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
Method 12: Contact Apple Support
You can try to contact apple support to get a professional opinion on what you can do to fix this iPhone camera not working issue. Apple offers an online help desk which offers both articles and live support from their headquarters. You can look for the iPhone support site at Apple Support.
- Fix Google Chrome Status Invalid Image Hash Error
- Top 15 Best iCloud Unlock Bypass Tools
- Fix iPhone Calendar Invitation Cannot be Sent Error
- How to Find Hidden Things on iPhone
I hope after reading this article you will be able to resolve iPhone flashlight not working on iPhone 7, 11 or 13 issue. Along with the methods to solve the issue we have also provided the causes to make you understand the reason behind this problem. You can check our page for updates and if you have any suggestions or queries comment below.