Stressed because of missed appointments and disrupted schedules? Many users rely on their smartphone alarms to wake up on time and start their day on the right foot. However, it is highly frustrating when it unexpectedly fails and causes unnecessary chaos. Don’t worry if you have recently been facing this issue with your iPhone running on iOS 15, where the alarm is not going off as expected. We can help you fix it.
Table of Contents
Resolve iPhone Alarm Not Going Off
Does the alarm on iPhone simply doesn’t ring? You don’t have to deal with unreliable alarms and let them interfere with important events. Let’s understand the reasons that trigger this issue and then fix them so that you can wake up your time.
To fix the iPhone alarm not going off, first, check if the volume is appropriate and the alarm tone is audible properly at max volume. Then, delete and reset the alarm by the following steps:
1. In the Alarm app, swipe left to Delete the specific alarm that malfunctions.
2. Tap on the Plus + button at the top-right corner.
3. Set the desired time and once everything is customized, tap on Save.
Why Isn’t My iPhone Alarm Not Going Off
It is important to know about the causes of the issue before we resolve the solutions. Read the causes given below carefully to learn about them:
- Temporary glitch
- Incorrect alarm settings
- Software glitches
- Battery or power issues
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before we start with the solutions, make an initial check to ensure that the volume is set to an audible level. If it is apt, follow the methods listed below.
1A. Restart Device
Sometimes the device might be experiencing minor glitches which could have triggered the error. Restarting your iPhone should fix this. Follow our guide on How to Restart iPhone X.
1B: Edit the Alarm Settings
It’s easy to make mistakes such as using the wrong time format (12-hour vs. 24-hour) or mixing up AM and PM. Or you might have set a one-time alarm instead of a recurring one.
1. Open the Clock app and tap on the Alarm tab located at the bottom of the screen.
2. Check the alarm time and format. Confirm that it is turned ON.
3. If you need to make any adjustments, tap on the Edit button and select the specific alarm that you need to edit.
4. Tap on Save to save the changes.
Method 2: Set Specific Alarm Noise
If ringtone is the issue, choose a louder alarm tone to ensure you can hear it clearly. Also, make sure the alarm tone is not set to None to avoid silent alarms.
1. In the Alarm tab, tap on Edit.
2. Select the alarm for which you want to reconfigure the sound.
3. Tap on Sound and choose a tone from the available options.
4. Tap on Save in the upper-right corner to save the changes to the alarm.
Also Read: How to Make Your Alarm Louder
Method 3: Delete and Remake the Alarm
A simple solution in many cases is to delete the existing alarms and set up new ones.
1. Open the Clock app and swipe left on the alarm you want to delete. Tap on Delete.
2. To create a new alarm, tap on the Plus + button located in the upper-right corner.
3. Select the desired time for the alarm and once all the settings have been configured, tap on Save.
Method 4: Disable or Change the Bedtime Feature
Sometimes, enabling the Bedtime feature can interfere with the proper functioning of alarms, especially when there is a conflict in timing. Make sure to review and modify the Sleep mode settings accordingly to ensure your alarms work correctly.
1. Open the Health app on your iPhone and tap on Sleep.
Note: If your device is running on an OS version older than iOS 15, go to Clock and then Bedtime.
2. Select Full Schedule & Options and then tap on Edit.
3. To adjust your wake-up time, move the wake-up icon to the desired time.
4. If you prefer to delete the sleep schedule entirely, scroll down and tap on Delete Schedule.
5. Finally, tap Done to save the changes.
Method 5: Use Only One Alarm Clock App
If you have installed a third-party alarm app, then do note that using multiple alarm apps simultaneously can cause complications. It is recommended to uninstall it and rely on the default alarm app for a smoother experience.
Method 6: Disable Bluetooth and Unplug Headphones
In most cases, the alarm should ring through the device speakers regardless of any connected headphones or Bluetooth devices. However, by virtue of a glitch or software bug, it may play the alarm tone through the connected devices instead. To prevent this, it is recommended to disconnect Bluetooth or unplug any connected audio devices.
1. Swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to open the Control Centre.
2. Tap on the Bluetooth icon to toggle it off.
Method 7: Set Alarm Through the Clock App
Many iPhone users have reported that the alarm does not go off when they set it using their Apple Watch. If you also set the alarm through the watch, try to set and configure it directly through the Clock app on your iPhone. See if it resolves the issue.
Method 8: Update iOS
The issue could also be due to an outdated iOS version. Software updates often include new features, security enhancements, and bug fixes that might resolve the error.
1. Open Settings and tap on General.
2. Scroll down and tap on Software Update.
4. If an update is available, you will see the option to Download and Install. Tap on it.
Also Read: Fix iPhone Alarm Not Playing Song
Method 9: Reset All Settings
If none of the previous solutions fix the error, try resetting all settings on your device. This can help eliminate any misconfigured settings that may be causing the trouble.
1. Open Settings and tap on the General option.
2. Scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Tap on Reset and select Reset All Settings.
You may be prompted to enter your passcode or Apple ID password for verification.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with resetting your iPhone settings.
Method 10: Restore iPhone to Factory Default Settings
Factory resetting your iPhone is an extreme measure that can potentially resolve persistent alarm issues. It removes glitches or software bugs that may be causing the problem.
Note: A factory reset erases all data and settings on your iPhone. So, ensure to have a backup of all your data.
1. In the General settings, scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
2. Select Erase All Content and Settings.
You will be prompted to enter your passcode. Enter it when asked.
3. Confirm the reset by tapping on Erase iPhone or Erase [Device Name].
Method 11: Contact Apple Support
If you have exhausted all the methods mentioned above without success, it is advisable to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. You can visit the iPhone Support page and connect with the support team.
Recommended: How To Delete All Alarms At Once On iPhone
We hope this guide was helpful to you in resolving the issue of iPhone alarm not going off. Let us know your queries and suggestions in the comments section below.