Discord is a great platform for playing games with friends, as it offers a lot of features that make it ideal for gaming. It has powerful voice and chat capabilities, allowing players to communicate easily while playing. Some users have reported crashing the platform after playing LoL. Facing this issue is one of the most common ways of losing your game. And for that, there are options available to fix it as well. So, let us see some of the few fixes to solve Discord freezes after League game on PC.
How to Fix Discord Freezes After League Game Issue
Discord is a proprietary, cross-platform, all-in-one voice and text chat application that is designed for gamers. It allows users to communicate with each other in real time, no matter where they are and provides a range of features. Here, we have given the troubleshooting methods to solve Discord freezes after the League game issue on PC.
Follow the below steps to fix the Discord freezing issue:
1. Open Discord and click on the settings icon.
2. Click on Advanced menu.
3. Turn off the toggle for Hardware Acceleration.
4. Click on Okay button to confirm.
Why Does Discord Freezes after League of Game?
Discord may freeze after a League of Legends game due to a conflict between the game and Discord overlays. The game overlay is designed to provide additional information and statistics during the game, while the Discord overlay is designed to provide a chat window while in-game. Here are some potential reasons for discord freezing.
- Keybinds: Keybinds can be one of the very first causes of this error. Keybinds are keyboard shortcuts that allow you to quickly perform an action or command within a game.
- Compatibility mode: Compatibility mode could be another cause for the freezing. If you use the application in compatibility mode, it can lead to freezing Discord or even worse.
- Malicious cache file: Malicious files too could be a cause for Discord freezes after the League game on PC. When a game is running, it will create cache files in order to help it run more efficiently. However, if these cache files become corrupted or are created by malicious software, they can interfere with Discord overlay and cause it to freeze.
Now let us see the methods to fix Discord freezes after a League game.
Method 1: Disable Debug
To fix Discord freezing after playing a game of League of Legends or Valorant, you can try disabling debug logging. Follow the steps mentioned below for the same:
1. Press the Windows key, type Discord, and then click on Open.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Click on Voice and Video from the menu.
4. Scroll down and locate Debug Logging to deactivate it.
5. Restart Discord to apply the changes.
Method 2: Close Client During Game
Close Client During Game is a setting found in the Discord settings that prevent the Discord client from closing after exiting a game. This setting can be useful for preventing Discord from freezing after playing a game, as it prevents the client from closing unexpectedly. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the League of Legends.
2. Go to the client settings and select the General tab.
3. Find Close Client During Game in the drop-down menu.
4. Click on the drop-down options and change to Never.
Method 3: Disable Keybinds
As mentioned earlier, key binds are a type of shortcut that allows users to quickly access certain commands using a keyboard shortcut. Sometimes, key binds can interfere with other programs or cause unexpected behaviors or even lead to freezing problems. In order to solve this, you can disable key binds in Discord.
1. Login into Discord.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Now, select Keybinds in the right panel.
4. Remove all keybinds by clicking on the red cross X.
Note: Make sure to not remove the Discord defaults.
Method 4: Disable Compatibility Mode for Discord
Compatibility mode is a feature in Windows that allows programs designed for older versions of Windows to run on newer versions. Sometimes, this can cause problems with programs such as Discord, as newer versions of Windows may not be able to handle certain features or settings in the program. Let us see, how to disable it:
1. Right-click on the Discord application and select Properties.
2. Now click on the Compatibility tab and disable Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
3. Finally, click on Apply, and then OK to save changes.
Method 5: Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is a feature that can be enabled in the Discord app to improve performance. If hardware acceleration is enabled and Discord is experiencing issues, such as lag or crashing, disabling this feature can help to resolve the issue. To disable hardware acceleration follow the steps below:
1. Open the Discord app on your PC.
2. Click on Settings located at the bottom.
3. Then, under APP SETTINGS, click on the Advanced menu.
4. Then, turn off Hardware Acceleration by clicking on the toggle.
5. Click on Okay to confirm the changes.
- Is There Android 14 Clone App Feature?
- How to Create a Group in Teams
- 9 Ways to Fix Discord Search Not Working on Mobile
- Fix Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing
We hope we helped you with the fixes of Discord freezes after the League game. If you have any suggestions or queries, do share them in the comments section below.