Bungie Inc created the free-to-play online-only multiplayer first-person shooter game called Destiny 2. It was released in 2017, and within this short time, it has gained immense popularity. It can be played on PS5, GoogleStadia, PS4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Series S. It is played by many, but some users have reported Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER. If you are also facing the same issue, then you are on the right page. Because in this guide, we will be discussing in detail what does error code ANTEATER mean, the causes that trigger it, and how to fix error code Anteater Destiny 2. So, without further ado, let us get started.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code ANTEATER
- What Does Error Code ANTEATER Mean?
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Wait for Destiny 2 Server Uptime
- Method 3: Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems
- Method 4: Close Background Processes
- Method 5: Change DNS Server
- Method 6: Update Network Adapter Driver
- Method 7: Enable UPnP
- Method 8: Resolve Forward Port Issue on Old Router
- Method 9: Reinstall Network Adapter Driver
- Method 10: Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- Method 11: Disable Antivirus
- Method 12: Update Windows
- Method 13: Clear Downloaded Cache
- Method 14: Reset Network Settings
- What are Destiny 2 System Requirements on PC?
How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code ANTEATER
We know it can be frustrating when Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER pops up on your computer screen. But you will not be troubled by error code ANTEATER Destiny 2 from now because you will now know how to troubleshoot it. But before that, let us briefly discuss its meaning and its reasons.
What Does Error Code ANTEATER Mean?
Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER relates to a general networking error. It can occur because of the following reasons:
- The server is down.
- Poor internet connection.
- Background running application.
- High latency.
- Due to packet loss.
- Improper DNS settings.
- Due to firewall and antivirus.
- Outdated network adapter driver.
- Outdated computer software.
Here are 14 ways to resolve it. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
For Destiny 2 to operate at its best, there must be enough bandwidth. It requires 1 gigabyte per hour for playing live games. So we have mentioned some easy and effective methods that you can try to fix error code ANTEATER Destiny 2.
- You should disconnect other devices from their network and halt downloads to lessen the burden on your router and enhance home network performance.
- Move your PC close to the Wi-Fi.
- You can use an ethernet cable to ensure high internet speed.
- Restarting your device is one of the best possible solutions, as it will refresh the system and resolve other potential glitches within the system that are interfering with the game. Even though restarting a computer is simple, you can learn some new tricks by reading our post on 6 Ways to Reboot or Restart a Windows 10 Computer.
Now, let us begin with some advanced methods:
Method 2: Wait for Destiny 2 Server Uptime
The first thing that you should do is to check the server status of Destiny 2. If the servers of the game are down, you should wait for the server uptime. You can check the server status of Destiny 2 here. If the server is not facing downtime, we suggest you perform the following method to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER PC.
Also Read: Fix WS-43709-3 Error Code on PS4
Method 3: Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems
You might occasionally run into issues with your computer internet connection when using it. It can be very annoying when you need to use the nearby wired or wireless networks but cannot. Windows offers users a tool that can be used to troubleshoot those connectivity issues as a result. You can run a network troubleshooter, reset TCP, and other things to fix network connectivity problems. To learn how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10, refer to our guide.
Method 4: Close Background Processes
It would be challenging for you to connect to the network if your Windows 10 machine runs many background programs because each requires a network share. Furthermore, the device’s performance would suffer, and RAM usage would rise. So, we suggest you end tasks on your computer. To perform the same on your PC, you can refer to our guide on how to end tasks in Windows 10.
Method 5: Change DNS Server
DNS (Domain Name System) address changes can improve the network connection dependability, security, and speed. But it is advised that you make a system restore point beforehand before carrying it out on your computer. Follow these procedures to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER PC and update the DNS server:
1. First, press the Windows key.
2. Type Control Panel in the search bar and select Open.
3. Under Control Panel, select Network and Internet.
4. Then, click on Network and Sharing Center.
5. Select Change adapter settings.
6. Now, right-click on the connection that is connected to the internet and click on Properties.
7. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/1Pv4) and select Properties.
8. After that, checkmark, Use the following DNS server addresses.
9. Enter the preferred and alternate DNS servers and select OK.
Note: We have written the Google public DNS Server details. So, I have entered 18.104.22.168 for Primary DNS Server and 22.214.171.124 for the Alternate DNS Server box.
Also Read: Fix Your Computer Appears to be Correctly Configured but DNS Not Responding in Windows 10
Method 6: Update Network Adapter Driver
Another possible method to fix error code ANTEATER Destiny 2 is to update the network adapter driver. A complete guide is there on how to update network adapter drivers on Windows 10, so refer to it.
Method 7: Enable UPnP
The most straightforward way to ensure a player can connect to Destiny 2 is to use UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), which enables devices on a player network to connect to one another seamlessly. Moreover, Bungie advises users to employ UPnP whenever practical. If players use multiple devices to play Destiny simultaneously on the same network, UPnP is REQUIRED. Here are the methods that you need to follow to enable UPnP:
Note: Refer to the router user manual before you begin with this method.
1. Go to your router gateway address (e.g. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.254.254).
2. Enter login credentials if asked.
3. Navigate to the Settings menu of your router.
4. Now, locate UPNP and enable Enable UPnP.
5. Save the changes.
6. Finally, disconnect and reconnect all devices on the network.
Method 8: Resolve Forward Port Issue on Old Router
Follow the steps to resolve the forward port issue on the older router:
1. First, navigate to the router settings menu.
2. Now, locate the Port Forward option.
3. For UDP Destination Ports, enter 3074 and 3097.
4. Save the settings to confirm the changes.
5. Finally, disconnect and reconnect all the devices to the network.
Also Read: Fix Invalid Access to Memory Location Error in Valorant
Method 9: Reinstall Network Adapter Driver
If you still face the discussed error code, try reinstalling the network driver because reinstalling the network adapter driver can fix the network connectivity problems. For this, you need to uninstall the network driver and then reinstall the network driver. The steps for the same are given below. So, you can perform it to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER PC:
1. Press the Windows key.
2. Type Device Manager in the search box and click on Open.
3. Now, double-click on Network adapters.
4. Right-click on the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 and choose Uninstall device.
5. After that, check the box titled Delete the driver software for this device and select Uninstall.
6. Visit the manufacturer website.
Note: We have chosen Intel for downloading Network Adapter Driver.
7. Now, find and download the driver according to your Windows version.
8. Finally, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Network Adapter driver.
Method 10: Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Are you still facing error code ANTEATER Destiny 2? Then try this method. Windows firewall blocks unauthorized people from accessing your computer resources or files. However, there are situations when the Windows Firewall interferes with internet connectivity or prevents the execution of specific apps. So, you can refer to our guide to learn how to disable the Windows defender firewall.
Method 11: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus software is a great way to protect our system from erroneous, dangerous viruses and malware attacks. However, antivirus software occasionally restricts some programs from operating correctly on the machine. Learn how to disable antivirus temporarily on Windows 10 to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER PC.
Also Read: Fix Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API Error
Method 12: Update Windows
Another method that you can perform on your system is to update Windows. Updating the computer software is an easy way to get rid of bugs that are causing the error. You can refer to our guide on how to update and install Windows 10 latest update. Once the Windows Operating System is updated, check whether you can connect to the network. If the error remains, we recommend you perform the following method.
Method 13: Clear Downloaded Cache
You can clear the downloaded cache on Steam, as sometimes cache files get corrupted, which can be the reason for the general networking error. So, try this method to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER.
Note: You need to log into Steam once you clear the downloaded cache.
1. Open Steam and select the Settings panel from the top left client menu.
2. Under the Settings tab, click on the Downloads tab.
3. Click on CLEAR DOWNLOADED CACHE.
4. Finally, select OK to confirm.
Method 14: Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings can resolve strange network connection issues. When you reset your device network settings, all the set connection settings on your device will get removed. So, perform this method at the end. To do so on your Windows operating system, refer to our guide on how to reset network settings on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix ARK Unable to Query Server Info for Invite
What are Destiny 2 System Requirements on PC?
The minimum system requirements on PC are:
- CPU (Intel): Intel Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz.
- CPU (AMD): AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz.
- GPU (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB.
- GPU (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
- RAM: 6GB.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit. But Epic Games Store supports Windows 10 64-bit and not older versions.
- Hard Drive Space: Available hard drive space should be 69.7 GB. 69.7GB is the maximum size of the game, as the game size will vary depending on the language in which you installed the game.
The recommended system requirements for PC are:
- CPU (Intel): Intel Core i5-2400 3.4 or i5 7400 3.5 GHz
- CPU (AMD): AMD Ryzen R5 1600X 3.6 GHz
- GPU (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB
- GPU (AMD): AMD R9 390 8GB
- RAM: 8GB
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Destiny 2 still free?
Ans. Yes, Destiny 2 is a free game.
Q2. Are Destiny 2 servers down right now?
Ans. To know the server status click on server status Destiny 2.
Q3. Is Destiny 2 a good game?
Ans. Yes, Destiny 2 is a good game.
- What is the Difference Between Final Cut Pro vs Final Cut Pro X?
- Fix Discord Freezes After League Game Issue
- Fix Error Code Beaver in Destiny
- Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Broccoli
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Destiny 2 error code ANTEATER. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.