Are you struggling with the ChatGPT Access Denied 1020 error code? This error occurs to prevent you from accessing certain websites with malicious activities. If you’re wondering what the ChatGPT error code 1020 is and how to fix it, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you will learn the troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
Table of Contents
How to Fix ChatGPT Access Denied 1020 Error
Access Denied 1020 error occurs due to Cloudflare’s security measures, which are designed to protect websites from malicious traffic. Keep reading this article to fix this ChatGPT error.
Try clearing cache and cookies of your web browser. Also, disable any browser extensions or add-ons that may be causing issues to access the website.
What is ChatGPT Error Code 1020?
ChatGPT error code 1020 is an error message from Cloudflare Service Firewall that occurs while you log in to the server. The answers to the question of what is ChatGPT error code 1020 are listed below.
- Overloaded server
- Maintenance works
- Exceeded daily limit
- Void of permission
- Incorrect credentials
- Issue in web browser
- VPN interference
- Security settings
- Issue in Cloudflare CDN Firewall rules
With the understanding of the answers to the question of what is ChatGPT error code 1020, you can proceed to fix the error message.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
To resolve the ChatGPT access denied 1020, you can try the basic troubleshooting methods given in this section.
1A. Wait for ChatGPT Server Uptime
The major reason for the error is the additional or overloaded entry to the server. In this case, the server may be down; you can check and wait till the server is functional.
1. Open the Google Chrome app from the search bar.
2. Open the ChatGPT Server Status website and check the functioning of the website.
Also Read: ChatGPT was Down Even for Plus Subscribers
1B. Restart PC
Any minor issues on your PC may also cause the error; this can be resolved with a simple restart. You can refer to the options to restart your PC given in this link.
1C. Update User Credentials
The error may occur if you have entered the wrong password or if many users are using the same password. To find the answer to the question of how to fix the access denied error in ChatGPT, you can try the following options.
- The first option is to type your account password correctly in the field and try logging in.
- The next option is to alter the User Credentials of your account. For this purpose, click on the Forgot Password option on the main page and provide the details required. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the password of your account.
1D. Relogin to ChatGPT
The error may occur if there is any minor glitch on the account. You can try re-logging into your account to fix the error.
1. Open the Google Chrome app and open the ChatGPT website.
2. Click on the Log In button, and enter your login credentials.
3. Click on the three dots next to your username and choose Log out.
4. Relogin to your account as said earlier.
1E. Fix Network Connectivity Issues
As stated earlier, a stable Internet connection is necessary for using the ChatGPT website. If there are any issues in the connection, you can follow the options given in the article to troubleshoot the Network connection.
A proper internet connection is a must for accessing the ChatGPT website; you can ensure that the speed is sufficient. As there is no specified limit for the speed, you can ensure that the Internet connection has a speed of 5 Mbps. You can check the speed of your connection using any website like SpeedTest on your browser.
1F. Ensure Sufficient Permissions are Given
Another possible reason for the error is that the PC lacks sufficient permission to access the website. You can contact the Administrator of the database and request them to provide read-write permission to modify data on the database.
1G. Set Correct Date and Time
The ChatGPT server matches the time and date of the PC and the server. Any wrong setting may lead to the miscommunication with server and cause the error. Follow the instructions given in the link to set the correct time and date on your PC.
1H. Alter VPN Connection
People in the geo-restricted zones mainly use VPN or Virtual Private Network connection. Use the options below as answers to the question of how to fix the access denied error in ChatGPT to bypass the impending issue.
- Connect to another VPN or region; by switching to a properly configured VPN with no connectivity issue and no geographic restriction imposed, you can use the ChatGPT website.
- If the VPN connection is causing the error, you can disconnect from VPN immediately after you log in.
1I. Configure DNS Network
The DNS Network may not support the proper functioning of the ChatGPT website. You can try any of the options to configure the DNS Network.
- The first option is to flush the DNS Cache as instructed in the link.
- The next option is to reset the DNS Network or is best to use the Google DNS Server as explained in the links.
1J. Disable Security Software (If Applicable)
Interference from the security software can be cleared by disabling them on your PC. You can either:
- To approve the IP address of your PC on the ChatGPT website, you can allow the app through the Firewall app as said. In addition, you can add a rule on the app to impose exceptions.
- Another option is to disable the anti-virus software on your PC and then access the website.
1K. Use Alternative Options
If none of the methods works in clearing the error, you can attempt using any of the alternative options.
- You can try logging into your ChatGPT account on another PC and understand if the issue is with your PC alone.
- To bypass the issue in the Internet connection, you can try using another Internet Network.
- The error can occur on unsubscribed plan; you can subscribe to the ChatGPT Plus plan and then try logging in.
- Try loading another site with more visitors like Twitch on the web browser. If the website is working fine, perhaps you are blocked on the ChatGPT website alone.
- Try using another web browser to load the ChatGPT website like Mozilla Firefox. It is also better to download a web browser you haven’t installed prior on your PC and attempt to use the website.
- If the ChatGPT website is not working, you can use any alternative option like Writesonic.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Web Browser Issues
As the error primarily occurs while you are trying to success the website on the web browser, you can try using the following options to clear the ChatGPT access denied 1020 error.
Option I: Refresh Webpage
The current webpage may be hung due to some technical issues. You can try reloading the ChatGPT webpage to fix the error.
- Press the Ctrl + R keys at the same time, or
- Click on the Reload button at the top bar next to the URL address.
Option II: Clear Cache and Cookies
If the web browser is loaded with cache and cookies, you may face the error. You can try clearing the cached data and cookies as instructed in the link to fix the error.
Option III: Enable Cookies
1. Open the Google Chrome app using the Windows search bar.
2. Click on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner and click on the Settings option in the menu.
3. Move to the Privacy and security tab and click on the Cookies and other site data option.
4. Select the Allow all cookies option on the page and close the web browser as said in the link given here.
5. Reopen the Google Chrome app as said earlier.
Method 3: Modify API Key
The API key generated for the ChatGPT account has to be correct and valid to ensure that the working is good. You can perform the following options to modify the API key of your account and fix the ChatGPT access denied 1020 error.
Option I: Verify Validity of API Key
The first option is to verify that the API key is valid and functional. Open the OpenAI website and check the validity of the API key associated with the account.
Option II: Check API Rate Limit
API Keys have certain user limits when exceeded may not support the operation of your account. Check the usage on the website and ensure that API keys have not exceeded the limit.
Option III: Regenerate API Key
The final option is to regenerate the API Key for the ChatGPT account. You can do this by using the official website. It is not advised to use any third-party service to regenerate or modify the API keys.
Also Read: Fix ChatGPT Chat History Missing Issue
Method 4: Use Correct Endpoint URL
Any incorrect or missing character in the endpoint URL may cause the ChatGPT access denied 1020 error. Use the correct endpoint URL to access the model on the OpenAI website to access the website.
Method 5: Contact ChatGPT Help Center
If none of the methods works in fixing the error, it might be an unidentified cause. Then, the final method is to contact the Help Center of ChatGPT. By bringing it to the notice of the team, you can find the answers to the question of how to fix the access denied error in ChatGPT. You can also chat with the chatbot to get a solution.
- How to Find Current Public Reshares on Instagram
- How to Jailbreak Nintendo Switch Lite
- Fix ChatGPT Login Issue
- How to Use ChatGPT 4
We hope you were able to fix ChatGPT access denied 1020 error through this article. Please use the comments section to let us know of your queries and suggestions.