With over 30 million daily active users, Twitch is the industry’s largest platform for live online entertainment. On Twitch, people like watching gameplay videos. Twitch has fantastic content; however, it is occasionally marred by intrusive advertisements. Although these commercials are meant to help Twitch make money, they frequently obstruct smooth streaming. On any platform, AdBlock has been one of the greatest extensions for blocking annoying advertising. But, you may still see ads on Twitch even after installing AdBlock extension. So, we bring to a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix AdBlock Not Working on Twitch
Ads, as we all know, are the most effective means of generating cash on the internet. Companies lose money as a result of AdBlock blocking certain adverts. As a result, several firms, like Twitch, have structured their platforms in such a way that AdBlock is disabled. Many users have recently expressed dissatisfaction with AdBlock’s performance on the platform. So here we are with an article on how to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch.
Why is AdBlock Not Working on Twitch?
There might be a variety of reasons why AdBlock isn’t functioning or Twitch mods are not loading in Windows 10. Some of them are listed below.
- Outdated AdBlock Extension.
- AdBlock filters are not configured properly.
- Conflict with another AdBlock extension.
- Twitch advertisements may be allowed in the AdBlock settings.
However, there are a few workarounds that might help you get AdBlock to function on the Twitch website. Below are some methods to resolve your AdBlock not working on Twitch problem.
Note: In the methods given below, we have shown the Google Chrome web browser as an example. You can follow these methods in other web browsers too.
Method 1: Update AdBlock Extension & Filter Lists
If your AdBlock extension is outdated, then it will not work in Twitch as the website is constantly upgraded for optimization and to tackle the adblocking apps. So, you should update your AdBlock extension to make it work on Twitch. Also, with updating the extension, you should also update the Filter lists of AdBlock. So, follow the given steps to do so.
Step 1: Update Extensions
Follow the steps below to update your Chrome Adblock plug-in and filter lists:
1. Launch Chrome and click on the three dots icon and hover to the More tools option.
2. Then, select Extensions from the sub-menu.
3. Switch On the toggle for Developer mode as highlighted in the pic given below.
4. Now, click on the Update option to update all of the extensions.
Relaunch Chrome once the update is complete, and then open Twitch to see if advertising is banned. If that doesn’t work, you may try updating your filter lists.
Step 2: Update Filter Lists
Although filter lists are automatically updated, you can update them manually by following the instructions given below.
1. Click on the Adblock extension icon.
2. Then, go to the options by clicking on the gear icon.
3. Now, click on the Filter lists from the left pane.
4. Finally, click on the update now button.
Also Read: How to Block Ads on Crunchyroll for Free
Method 2: Manually Disable Twitch in AdBlock Settings
There may be certain ads enabled for Twitch in your AdBlock settings. So, follow these steps to disable Twitch in AdBlock settings to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
1. In your web browser, click on the Adblock extension icon.
2. Then, click on the gear icon to go to Adblock Setting options.
3. Go to the General menu in the Adblock Settings.
Following that, you will discover several generic choices.
4. Now under the General Options, look for the option Allow ads on specific Twitch channels and uncheck it.
5. Finally, restart your browser.
Method 3: Manually Edit AdBlock Filters
Another option to fix Adblock not functioning on Twitch is to ban or fully block out Twitch advertisements by adding AdBlock filters manually. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Open your web browser and go to the Adblock Settings as shown.
2. Click on the Customize option in the left pane.
3. Here in the Customize AdBlock section, locate and click the Edit button next to Manually edit your filters.
4. Then, add the following links and click on the Save button.
www.twitch.tv##.js-player-ad-overlay.player-ad-overlay www.twitch.tv##.player-ad-overlay.player-overlay https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js r/https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js
5. Now go to Twitch and see if the issue has been resolved; if it hasn’t, continue to the next remedy.
Also Read: Guide to Download Twitch VODs
Method 4: Modify AdBlock Settings
AdBlock has a feature to allow some ads on the websites. This is a fantastic feature but, it may be the reason for your AdBlock not working on Twitch issue. So, follow the steps listed below to modify AdBlock settings.
1. Launch your web browser and click on the AdBlock extension icon.
2. Here, in the AdBlock extension pop-up, click on the gear icon to go to settings.
3. Then, click on the General menu option in the left pane.
4. Now, Uncheck and switch Off the toggle for all options shown in the General Options section.
5. Finally, restart your browser.
Method 5: Remove Other AdBlock Extensions
You may think that installing multiple AdBlock extensions is beneficial but unfortunately, this is ineffective. This may create bugs and errors in your web browser. So follow the given steps to remove other AdBlock extensions and use only one of them to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
1. Open your web browser (e.g. Chrome) and click on the three dots icon and select the More tools option.
2. Then, select the Extensions option.
3. Now, click on the Remove option for other Adblock extensions.
4. Restart your browser and open Twitch to see if the problem still exists.
Also Read: How to Fix 2000 Network Error on Twitch
Method 6: Reinstall AdBlock Extension
If nothing else has worked so far, removing and then reinstalling your extension may be the answer. You can use the instructions provided by your browser and adblocking software to proceed. The steps to solve AdBlock not working on Twitch are as follows:
1. Launch Chrome and click on the three dots icon then, hover over More tools.
2. Here, select Extensions from the sub-menu.
3. Then, click on the Remove option in the AdBlock extension as highlighted in the pic below.
4. Now, go to your browser web store (e.g. Chrome Web Store) and search for the adblocker.
5. Here select the best Adblock with has a higher rating and click on Add to Chrome button to install it.
Method 7: Use Another Web Browser or AdBlock Extension
It’s conceivable that the issue is with your ad blocker if ads are still shown on Twitch. Your ad blocker may be can’t keep up with Twitch’s continuous updates to tackle ad-blocking apps. So, switching to another AdBlock extension may fix AdBlock not working on Twitch issue.
Moreover, there may be issues with your browser too as certain Twitch AdBlock extensions may not be available. Try to switch to other popular browsers like Firefox, Edge if you are using Chrome and the particular AdBlock extension is not available in it and vice versa.
Method 8: Switch to Twitch Turbo Mode
Twitch introduces certain mechanisms that prevent certain ad blocks from working by continuously updating the website or app. So, this may be the reason AdBlock not working on Twitch even if you have tried all the possible methods mentioned above.
Hence, subscribing to Twitch Turbo mode could be the best choice for you. It has many features, including ad-free watching. Follow these steps to switch to Twitch Turbo.
1. Navigate to the Twitch Turbo subscription page.
2. Click on the Subscribe button.
Note: The subscription costs $8.99 per month
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is it that my AdBlock not working on Twitch?
Ans. Ensure that your Adblock extension lists are current. Then choose More Tools, followed by Extensions. Select Developer Mode from the right-hand menu. Click the Update button to update the extensions and listings. Restart Chrome and then open Twitch to test whether advertising is banned.
Q2. What is the best way to block adverts on Twitch?
Ans. Twitch advertisements may easily be blocked with Adblock. This Adblocker for Twitch may also be used to prevent pop-up advertising on other websites. All major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari are supported by AdBlock.
Q3. Is it against the law to use Adblock?
Ans. In summary, you have the right to block advertisements, but it is prohibited to interfere with the publisher’s capacity to deliver or limit copyrighted content in a way that they approve of.
Q4. What is the best Adblock for Twitch?
Ans. On Twitch, the following extensions are known to function as adblocking:
- StopAll Ads
- Ublock Origin
- Adblock Plus
- How to Freeze Rows and Columns in Excel
- How to Check How Much VRAM Do I Have on Windows 10
- Fix Oops Something Went Wrong on YouTube Error
- 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
We hope this information was helpful and that you were able to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch issue. If you have any questions or comments regarding this article or if you want to reach out to us regarding other best AdBlock for Twitch, please leave them in the comments section below.