Oculus, a division of Meta Platforms, created the Oculus Quest VR headset, offering an all-in-one gaming experience with virtual reality. It has brought a big advancement in VR gaming. However, it’s still unclear for many if it can be used with the popular PS4 console. If you’re seeking an answer to whether Oculus works with PS4, this guide is here to help you. Let’s find out if they are compatible!
Table of Contents
Does Oculus Work with PS4?
The answer is both no and yes. While Oculus is not compatible with PS4 due to no official support between the two devices, you can still use it on your PlayStation. You can enjoy virtual reality games on your Oculus Quest by connecting it to your PS4 using either SideQuest or a Virtual Desktop connection.
Does Oculus Quest 2 Work with PS4?
No, Oculus Quest 2 does not work with PS4.
How to Connect Oculus to PS4 or PS5
There is no official way to use or connect an Oculus Quest with a PS4 or PS5, but there are a few ways that you can try. If you want to play PlayStation games on your Quest, you can try the methods provided below:
Method 1: Sideload PS Remote Play App
Sideloading is the process of installing an app from a source other than the official app store, like Google Play or the Oculus Store. On the Quest, you can sideload Android apps like on a smartphone or tablet, as it’s Android-based. With SideQuest on your PC, you can easily install unauthorized games and APKs. This will allow you to easily connect and make Oculus work with PS4.
Note 1: We do not support the use of third-party apps or services. Please use them at your own risk.
Note 2: Before starting, make sure you have a compatible cable to connect your computer to the discussed headset. Also, ensure you have the Oculus app downloaded on your smartphone, as you’ll need it for the following steps.
1. Log in to your Oculus account.
2. Next, select Click on Create New Organization.
3. Enter the name of your organization and click on Submit.
4. Next, download the Oculus ADB Drivers by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button.
5. Open the extracted ADB folder and right-click on android_winusb.
6. From the drop-down menu, choose Install and click on OK.
7. Next, restart the PC and activate developer mode on your Quest using the Oculus app on your handset.
8. Once the developer mode gets activated, connect your PC with Quest using a cable.
9. After that, download SideQuest from the official website on your PC.
10. Next, run the SideQuest.exe file and select the installation location.
11. Open the SideQuest app on your computer and select the PS Remote Play Android app you want to download on the headset.
Note: Ensure that your PC is connected to Quest.
Finally, find the downloaded app on your headset.
Also Read: How to Change Batteries in Oculus Controller
Method 2: Use PS Remote Play on PC
Another way to connect Oculus to PS4 or PS5 and make it work is by using this method. However, this method is not recommended because it has two streams, causing lag that can disrupt fast-paced games. However, Virtual Desktop, costing $19.99, is a good app with other uses. For steps on using PlayStation Remote Play, see below:
1. Download the PS Remote Play application on your PC.
2. Utilize the Virtual Desktop app on your Oculus to mirror your computer desktop to your Quest once you have your PS4 streaming to your computer.
Method: Use Capture Card
Another method you can try to connect and make Oculus Quest work on PS4 is by using a capture card. If you find the previous methods unsuitable for your needs, this is an alternative approach. Connect your PS4’s output to your PC using a capture card, and then use Virtual Desktop on your Oculus Quest to mirror your computer’s screen.
The advantage of using a capture card is that it does not experience delays like streaming methods do, resulting in reduced latency. However, keep in mind that this option requires purchasing a capture card and a virtual desktop, which come with additional costs.
We’re glad you found this article helpful, and now you have the answer to whether Oculus works with PS4. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.