If you want to talk to people who share your interests, Discord is the best platform for you. It lets you chat with others using messages, voice chats, or calls, which makes it super easy to communicate. But sometimes, you might face a problem where your mobile mic might stop working with headphones on Discord. If this bothers you, don’t worry! In this article, we will explain why this happens and show you how to fix it. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
Discord Mobile Mic Not Working with Headphones
Discord voice calls are not like regular calls. If your friends have trouble hearing you during a call, it could be because of a problem with your microphone. This is a common issue, but don’t worry, we will explore some troubleshooting methods to fix it in this guide. Let’s get started!
Unmute yourself in Discord with these steps and get your mobile mic working again:
1. Open your Discord account and enter a voice channel.
2. Select the person icon in the top right and tap your username.
3. Finally, press the Unmute option.
Why is My Microphone Not Working on Discord Mobile?
Before we come to a solution, we need to find out the reasons which caused the problem. To work on the problem, let’s first find out why is my microphone not working on Discord mobile. Below we have listed some potential reasons why nobody can hear you on Discord mobile.
- Outdated Discord Version
- External Connectivity Issue
- Permissions Not Granted
- Voice Processing Features Enabled
- Bluetooth Connectivity Issue
- Discord on Mute
Once you understand the problem, finding a solution becomes easier. To fix the issue of the Discord mobile mic not working on Android or iOS with headphones, you can try the following methods listed below:
Method 1: Restart Device and Reconnect External Microphone
Restarting the device solves many of the issues, be it a computer or a phone. So, if you are facing the Discord mobile mic not working with headphones, try restarting the device and using the mic with headphones again.
Sometimes, the headphones connected are loose, or the jack is not clean, so try unplugging and re-plugging your external microphone. Along with this, make sure that your device’s jack is clean. You can blow some air through the jack to remove the dust particles.
Method 2: Test Microphone
If the Discord mobile mic not working with headphones issue persists, it’s a good idea to check if your external microphone works with other apps. This will help you determine if the problem lies with your microphone or if it’s specific to Discord. If the external microphone works fine with other apps, then the issue might be with Discord, and you may need to contact their support for further assistance.
Also Read: How to Mute Mic in Discord
Method 3: Allow Discord to Use Microphone
You must also enable the mic on Discord mobile to get it working and continue your calls.
1. Open the Settings on your phone.
2. Scroll down to find Discord and then tap on Discord.
3. Enable the toggle on next to the Microphone.
Method 4: Log Out and Log In Again
The next method to fix Discord mobile mic not working on an Android phone is by logging out of your account and then logging in again.
1. Tap on the Profile icon in the bottom bar.
2. Scroll down and tap on Log Out.
Method 5: Unmute Yourself in Discord Settings
If none of the methods mentioned above worked, try checking the Discord settings on your mobile device. To resolve the issue, start by checking if you’ve accidentally been muted in the Discord app. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open your Discord account and enter a voice channel.
2. Select the person icon in the top right.
3. Tap your username.
Note: A tap will appear showcasing a set of options. If the mute option is visible, it means you are currently unmuted; if it is visible, it means you are muted.
4. Press the Unmute option to unmute yourself.
Method 6: Change Input Mode in Discord
Another method to fix Discord mobile mic not working on Android with headphones involves verifying sound settings.
1. Open the Discord app and navigate to user settings (tap on the three lines).
2. Select your profile picture in the lower right.
3. Tap on Voice.
4. Make sure that the input mode has been set to Voice Activity. If it has been set to push to talk change it by tapping on input mode and now select the Voice Activity.
Method 7: Clear App Cache
Cache memory can take up a significant amount of space on your computer’s drive partitions. Unfortunately, if you try to delete them manually, they are often difficult to retrieve. Additionally, cache memory folders are hidden among other non-clearable files on your system partition drives.
Sometimes, cache files can cause problems, such as issues with sending images or even lead to the Discord mobile mic not working with headphones. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
1. First, go to General Settings and select iPhone Storage.
2. Scroll down and select the Discord app.
3. Tap on the Offload App and again select Offload App to confirm the process.
Also Read: Fix Discord Not Detecting Mic
Method 8: Update Device
The reason for the mic not working can be the oldest software of the phone which you will require to update. To check for available software updates, follow the steps:
1. Tap on Settings on your device and open General.
2. Now, tap on Software Update. Any available updates will be shown there.
3. To install that update, tap on the Download and Install option.
Method 9: Update Discord App
Sometimes even updating the device doesn’t work so, in that case we can look if the app requires updating. To do so and fix Discord mobile mic not working with headphones, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the App Store and select your account by tapping on the Profile icon in the top right.
2. Tap on Purchased.
3. Locate the Discord app and look if there’s any update available for the app. If there will be an update it will be displayed next to the app. Press the Update button and your app will be upgraded.
Method 10: Reinstall Discord
When all else fails, you can try reinstalling the Discord app. Uninstalling the app won’t cause any harm to your device, and it won’t delete your Discord account either.
It will only log you out from your account and reset the app settings to their default values, which can help enable the microphone on Discord mobile again. Just remember to log back in after reinstalling the app to access your account.
1. Long press the discord app and tap on Remove app.
2. Once again, tap on the Delete App to confirm the process.
3. Now go to App Store and Search for Discord app.
4. Then, tap on Install.
Once you have installed the app again, check if the microphone issue has resolved.
We hope that the methods provided have helped you resolve the issue of Discord mobile mic not working with headphones. If you ever encounter this problem again in the future, be sure to try these fixes. Feel free to leave any questions or suggestions in the comments section below.