Tired of seeing Continue watching items on Netflix front page? Don’t worry this guide will explain how to Delete Items From Continue Watching On Netflix!
Netflix: Netflix is an American media services provider founded in 1997. It is an online video streaming service that allows its customers to watch premium TV shows, movies, documentaries, and many more. It has videos related to various genres like romance, comedy, horror, thriller, fiction, etc. You can watch any number of videos without interrupted by any advertisement. The only thing you need in order to use Netflix is good Internet connectivity.
There are many good features in Netflix that make it stand out from many other applications. Obviously, good things never come free of cost. So, as compared to other applications that are similar to Netflix, it is a bit expensive, which makes the users think twice before taking its subscription. But in order to resolve this dilemma of people taking a subscription of Netflix, Netflix comes with a new feature that one Netflix account can be run on multiple devices at a time, but a number of devices on which Netflix can run are limited or fixed. Due to this, now people purchase one account and can run that account on multiple devices, which reduces the money pressure of one person who purchased that account as multiple people can share that one account.
The reason behind the meteoric rise of Netflix is the original content produced by them. Not all of us know, but Netflix has spent over $6 billion dollars on producing original content.
Netflix offers one of the best user interfaces in the world of premium online streaming sites. On Netflix, everything is pretty intuitive right from the synopsis to the video preview. It makes up for a lazy binge-watching experience.
No matter what device you use, Netflix will remember what did you watch last, and it will showcase it in the top in the “continue watching” section so that you can resume watching it.
Now, imagine what if you are watching a show, and you don’t want everyone to know about it, but if someone logs into your account, then they will anyway see your ‘continue watching’ section. So what should you do to get rid of this?
Now, that you know removing movies and shows from the ‘continue watching list’ is an option, you must also know that it is indeed a tedious task. Also, deleting items from the ‘continue watching’ list is not possible on all platforms; you cannot do it on a smart TV, and some console versions. It would be best if you use a computer/laptop to do so.
If you are looking for the answer to the above question, then keep reading this article.
After reading the above feature of Netflix, you may be thinking that Netflix is dangerous to use as it will reveal to others what type of content you watch. But this is not the case. If Netflix has introduced this feature, it has come with its solution also. Netflix has provided a method using which you can delete the video from the Continue Watching section if you do not want to show that video to any other person.
Below is the step by step process to delete an item from Continue watching section on both: phones as well as computer/laptop.
How to Delete Items From Continue Watching On Netflix?
Delete item from continue watching section on Netflix on Mobile devices
Netflix application is supported by both the iOS and Android platforms. Similarly, all the mobile platforms support the deletion of item from continue watching section on Netflix. All the platforms, whether it is iOS or Android or any other platform, follow the same process to delete the item from continue watching section.
To delete the items from Continue Watching section on Netflix on mobile devices follow the below steps:
1. Log in to the Netflix account in which you want to delete the item.
2. Click on the More icon that is available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. At the top of the screen, different accounts will appear.
4. Now, click on the account for which you want to delete the item.
5. Selected account details will open up. Click on the Account option.
6. A mobile browser window will open up, and you will be redirected to Netflix’s mobile site.
7. Scroll down till you reach the Viewing Activity option. It will be at the bottom of the page. Click on it.
8. A page which consists of all the movies, shows, etc. you have watched will appear.
9. Click on the Action icon beside the date, which is available in front of the item you want to delete.
10. In place of that item, now you will get a notification that within 24 hours, that video will no longer appear in Netflix service as a title you have watched and will no longer be used to make recommendations.
After completing the above steps, wait for 24 hours, and then after 24 hours, when you will again visit your Continue Watching section later, the item you have removed will no longer be available there.
Delete item from continue watching section on Netflix on Desktop Browser
You can run Netflix on the desktop browser to get a better experience. The desktop browser also supports the deletion of item from continue watching section on Netflix.
To delete the items from Continue Watching section on Netflix on desktop browser follow the below steps:
1. Log into the Netflix account in which you want to delete the item.
2. Select the account for which you want to delete the item.
3. Click on the down arrow, which is available next to your profile pic at the top right corner.
4. Click on the Account option from the menu that opens up.
5. Under the Profile section, click on Viewing Activity option.
6. A page which consists of all the movies, shows, etc. you have watched will appear.
7. Click on the icon that looks a circle with a line inside it, which is available in front of the item you want to delete.
8. In place of that item, now you will get a notification that within 24 hours, that video will no longer appear in Netflix service as a title you have watched and will no longer be used to make recommendations.
9. If you want to remove an entire series, click on the ‘Hide Series?’ option available just next to notification that will appear in the above step.
After completing the above steps, wait for 24 hours, and then after 24 hours, when you will again visit your “Continue Watching” section then, the item you have removed will no longer be available there.
So, by following the above process step by step, hopefully, you will be able to delete the items from Continue Watching section on Netflix on both mobile devices and desktop browsers.