Wondering if Canva Pro is worth paying for with your hard-earned money? We did too! Canva undoubtedly is one of the most popular graphic designing platforms. Since it offers a wide range of additional tools in the paid version; it’s normal to wonder if Canva Pro is a worthy investment over Canva Free. Therefore, in this article, we’ll provide a short & crisp review and comparison of Canva Pro vs Canva Free so that you can decide for yourself.
Canva Pro & Free Detailed Review: Plans, Features, Pricing & More!
Canva is extremely easy to use, and unlike some other professional tools, you don’t need to spend months learning it or just familiarizing yourself with it. It usually takes a couple of days to understand how it works and then a few days to determine how to use it as per your needs. This is helped by the fact that it offers a vast array of free templates so that you don’t have to build everything from scratch. If you are looking for an insightful review on Canva, then read our comprehensive analysis to learn about the exclusive features like extra storage and customizable templates that its Pro version provides.
Canva Free Version Features
To give you a better idea, about the benefits of the paid version, and whether you should opt for it or not, let us first discuss the features of the free version.
- With the free plan, you can use the easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, which made Canva popular in the first place.
- There are more than 250k free templates available for use as well as 100+ design types like letters, social media posts, YouTube thumbnails, presentations, etc.
- Canva hosts more than 1 million free photos, vectors, images, and graphics in its free plan itself.
- You also get 5 GB cloud storage to store all your photos and designs.
Canva Pro Features
There are actually two premium versions, Canva Pro for individuals and Canva Pro for teams. The first one allows a single premium account while the latter offers you to get premium features for several accounts/team members simultaneously.
- With Pro, you will get 610k+ templates instead of only 250k that are offered in the free version.
- Moreover, you get access to over 4 million images & graphics as opposed to only a million in the free version.
- You will get 1 TB of storage instead of only 5 GB otherwise.
- You can access & use all export options.
- You will get a background removal feature, which is very handy if you edit YouTube thumbnails.
- It also offers Magic Resize tool, which helps resize any photo easily, without creating a new file.
- You can create your own templates from scratch and these customizable templates attract many users to opt for the premium version.
- Canva Pro Brand Kit feature allows you to create and save brand colors, fonts, logos, and templates. This is what makes it a class apart from other graphic designing tools.
- The best part is that with the Pro version, you can schedule your posts for social media from within the Canva app.
If you opt for Canva Pro for Teams plan, you get all the above-mentioned premium features; but the same are available to several team members. Up to 5 people get access to premium features and the team gets 300 brand kits in total. Moreover, the Team Templates feature allows multiple members of the team to collaborate and design together. Thus, this plan can suffice the requirements of a small to medium-sized organization pretty well.
Also Read: How to Create a Shadow Effect in Canva
Canva Pro Price
They have flexible plans, which means no matter if you are purchasing for a team or just for yourself, it is possible to save money. Canva Pro offers a free 30-day trial to all first-time users with full access to its features and templates. Users can cancel their subscription at any time during the trial period and they will not be charged.
If you thereafter, wish to buy Canva Pro for yourself, it will cost you $12.99 per month. You can also pay $119.99 dollars per year if you don’t want to pay on a monthly basis. This provides you with a 23% discounted rate annually.
The price for Canva for teams is $14.99 per month for upto 5 users. Moreover, the platform offers a 45-day free trial so make sure to try it out before committing to the long haul.
Is Canva Pro Worth Paying for?
The answer to this query cannot be standard as it will vary for all. While most users seem to be content with the additional templates, stock images, logos, and brand kits to create their own brand with Canva; there are some who debate its cost due to occasional or minimal usage. Like two sides of a coin, there are bound to be opposing opinions; however, if we examine the features offered objectively, then we can deduce that the Pro version of Canva is worth paying for.
Is Canva Pro Lifetime Legit?
Many users have asked this question whether Canva lifetime offer exists and if so, is it legit or not. Sorry to burst your bubble! But there is NO lifetime plan offered by Canva currently. You can pay for Canva Pro on a monthly basis or yearly basis, as per your requirements.
On very few occasions, the company has been seen to offer Lifetime Deals on their amazing product. The same will be communicated & advertised on the Canva official website. Hence, we recommend our readers stay far away from any other platforms claiming to provide the same.
The good news is that despite no Canva premium lifetime legit plan, its free version is ACTUALLY free for a lifetime.
Also Read: How to Create a Drip Effect in Canva?
Lesser Known Facts about Canva
Canva was founded in 2013 by a team of three Australians and released as a freemium software to help people create graphical content. This easy-to-use platform is basically free, but you can pay for some premium features.
- At present, Canva is used by people from 190 countries out of which 55% of the users are female.
- There are 2.5k employees around the globe catering to more than 100 million users.
- It boasts a proud 67% user base of premium subscribers.
- Canva allows you to invite people and design along.
- There is a wide range of products that you can design in Canva and then, get them delivered to your doorstep.
It is cross-platform which means no matter if you are using a computer or a phone, you can access Canva and create stunning designs. Not only that, it is compatible with multiple operating systems viz macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. You can easily download the apps from their official download page or use Canva on a web browser too.
Do you know that you can get Canva Pro for free? A rarely known fact is that Canva offers its premium version for free to teachers, students, and non-profit organizations.
Recommended: Photoshop vs Canva: Which is the Best Design Tool?
We hope that reading this detailed review of Canva Pro for individuals & teams and its comparison with the free version answered the query is Canva Pro worth paying for or not. So whether you are a professional designer or a budding artist or a hobbyist like me, Canva is a must-try tool and probably even worth adding to your kitty. Having said that, it is our imperative duty to inform you that the intellectual property rights on the platform are a little blurry. Do read the detailed terms and conditions before subscribing to the paid plan. Until next time with a new software review!