Zipcar allows you to rent cars on an hourly or daily basis through their membership programs. For those who don’t own a car, it is a convenient mode of transportation. However, if you do not use the service frequently or have had a bad experience, you may want to cancel your membership. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to cancel your Zipcar membership anytime and inform you of the consequences.
Can You Cancel Zipcar Membership Anytime?
As you read this guide, you will learn how it is easy to cancel a Zipcar membership without any cancelation fee and how to do it. Let’s start!
Can You Cancel Zipcar Membership Anytime?
Yes, You can terminate your Zipcar membership whenever you want. It is because Zipcar has a flexible membership policy, which means you are not bound by a lengthy agreement.
In addition, before your membership can be canceled, you must settle any outstanding charges on your account. You won’t be charged any additional membership costs after canceling your membership and won’t have access to Zipcar services anymore. However, any unpaid fines or fees from the past will still be due and must be paid.
Note: You must cancel any future Zipcar reservations before you may end your membership.
Also Read: Can You Reopen a Closed Zipcar Account?
Is It Easy to Cancel Zipcar Membership?
Yes, canceling a Zipcar membership is typically a simple procedure. The user-friendly website and mobile app provided by Zipcar make it simple to manage your account and terminate your subscription. Your account will be charged for any unpaid fees or credits. Unless the cycle is over, you can still make travel arrangements.
When you decide to discontinue your Zipcar membership, your account will be canceled at the conclusion of your billing cycle. Up to the conclusion of your billing cycle, you can still reserve and use a Zipcar, but any reservations made after the day your subsequent payment was due would be canceled.
The same rules apply to any additional drivers on your plan; reservations for vehicles and journeys made up until the end of the cycle is honored, but all membership benefits are terminated at that time. When Zipcar receives any tolls, extra trip fees, or violations during this time, they will be charged to you.
What Happens If I Cancel Zipcar Membership?
Following the cancellation of your Zipcar membership:
- Your account shall be terminated: Your account will be canceled after you cancel your subscription, and you won’t have any more access to Zipcar services.
- Refund of any unused amount: In the event that your account has a balance, Zipcar will credit any unused cash to the payment method on file. Nevertheless, you won’t be qualified for a refund of your annual cost if you cancel within the first 30 days after joining up.
- Return Zipcard: To complete the cancellation process, Zipcar will require the return of your Zipcard. Zipcar may charge you a fee if the Zipcard is not returned.
- Completion of reservation: If you have a reservation that is about to take place, it will be automatically canceled when you terminate your membership.
Note: If you leave Zipcar and then decide to return, you will have to pay a new sign-up fee and maybe wait for a new Zipcard to come.
Is There a Fee to Cancel a Zipcar?
No. Both canceling a Zipcar reservation and your Zipcar membership usually don’t cost anything. However, you can be charged a late cancellation or no-show fee if you cancel your appointment less than three hours before the scheduled start time or if you fail to show up for your reservation.
It’s vital to understand that you won’t be entitled to a refund of the annual membership price if you terminate your membership within 30 days of joining up. Also, you can be fined a fee for not returning the card if you don’t return your Zipcard after canceling your membership. In general, it’s recommended to review Zipcar’s terms and conditions or get in touch with their customer support to find out whether there are any fines or costs for canceling a reservation or membership.
Also Read: How Much is ATT Internet Cancelation Fee?
Can I Cancel Zipcar Any Time?
Yes, you can terminate your Zipcar subscription whenever you want. Before canceling your membership, you will also need to cancel any outstanding bookings if you have any.
You can cancel your subscription at any time, but if your account is more than 30 days old, you won’t be entitled to a refund. So, the first 30 days of your subscription are the ideal time to cancel; nevertheless, not everyone will benefit from this strategy. You may have to cope with the fact that your billing cycle needs to finish before cancellation takes effect, depending on the reason you want to discontinue your membership.
What to Do If Zipcar Won’t Let You Cancel Membership?
You can cancel your Zipcar membership anytime, so it’s unlikely that they won’t let you cancel. Still, you have a few options if Zipcar won’t let you terminate your membership:
- Read over the conditions: Go over the details of your membership contract with Zipcar. Ascertain that you are familiar with any cancellation policies, procedures, and possible costs.
- Message customer support: Contact the Zipcar customer care department to describe the circumstance and ask for help terminating your subscription. Explain your decision to cancel in detail and include any problems you’re having. You can contact customer service by phone, email, or web chat.
- Consider elevating the matter to a manager or supervisor: If you’re not receiving an adequate answer from customer service, reiterate your issue and ask for their assistance in terminating your membership.
- Examine your method of payment: Check your payment method to see if you can prevent further charges if you’re being charged for a Zipcar subscription you no longer desire. You might be able to dispute the charges with your credit card company if you used that method of payment.
Don’t forget to note the date, time, and names of the Zipcar representatives you speak with in any correspondence you have with them. This may come in handy if you need to escalate the situation or refute any charges.
How to Permanently Cancel a Zipcar Account?
You can call Zipcar customer service at 866-494-7227 and request to terminate your account. After your request is processed, your account will be closed and you won’t have access to Zipcar services anymore.
Note: Make sure to play all your pending balances before you delete your account.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel My Uber Subscription
With this guide, you might have understood if can you cancel Zipcar membership anytime or not. If you have any questions or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below for us to know. Your feedback and queries are valuable, and we encourage you to share what you want to learn about in our next article.