Windows 11 is the new and the latest version of the Windows operating system developed by Microsoft. All the beta testing of this version is finished, and the stable version has been released. The devices meeting the minimum system requirement can install Windows 11 on their devices. If you are facing issues with newly installed Windows 11 on your computer, you also have the option to downgrade Windows 11 to 10. But this is only possible until 10 days after Windows 11 installation. So, if you want the answer to the question of whether can I go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after 10 days or not, read on until the end. This article will explain to you whether it is possible to revert to Windows 10 after 10 days with some alternatives.
Table of Contents
Can I Go Back to Windows 10 from Windows 11?
You will learn if you can downgrade Windows 11 to 10 or not further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Can You Uninstall Windows 11 After 10 Days?
No, you cannot uninstall Windows 11 after 10 days. But if you want, you can still downgrade your PC to Windows 10 or older versions. Although uninstalling option has been disabled, you can still install the previous Windows version fresh by following the steps mentioned in the headings below.
Can I Go Back to Windows 10 from Windows 11?
Yes, you can go back to WIN 10 from WIN 11. WIN 11 has the option to revert back to Windows 10, but this option is only available for 10 days after the installation of Windows 11 and then gets disabled. You can go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after any number of days if you have set up a recovery. If you don’t have any backup or recovery, you can fresh install Windows 10 on your PC. This will remove Windows 11 from your PC.
Is Uninstalling Windows 11 Safe?
Yes, uninstalling Windows 11 is safe. Microsoft also advises uninstalling Windows 11 if you face some issues. You can uninstall WIN 11 only until 10 days after its installation by using the Go back option in the Recovery menu of the WIN update settings. After 10 days, you cannot uninstall WIN 11 and need to install the previous WIN version fresh.
Also Read: Is Razer Cortex Safe to Use?
Can You Delete Windows 11 and Reinstall Windows 10?
Yes, you can delete WIN 11 and reinstall WIN 10. There are two ways to reinstall Windows 10. The first is by reverting back from WIN 11 using the Go back option or by installing WIN 10 on your PC. To delete WIN 11, you need to use the Go back option on your PC, which is only valid for up to 10 days after the installation of WIN 11. You will go back to the previously installed version of Windows on your PC using the Go back option.
Can Windows 11 be Uninstalled?
Yes, WIN 11 can be uninstalled, but only up to 10 days after installing it. Once you install Windows 11 on your PC or laptop, you can see the Go back option in the Windows updates recovery menu. This option is only active until 10 days because if you want, you can use this Go back option to revert to the previous version of Windows installed on your PC. After 10 days, the Go back option will be disabled, and if you want to go back to the previously installed Windows version, you need to install it on your PC fresh.
How Do I Uninstall Windows 11 and Go Back to Windows 10 After 11 Days?
If you are already past the 10-day limit, you can still downgrade to Windows 10 but at the cost of your files & data. You can use Windows 10 installation media tool to perform a rollback, but you need to do it by clearing your drives.
Hence, it is advised to make a full data backup for your files before performing the following steps:
1. Download the Windows 10 installation media tool.
2. Then, press the Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer and open the downloaded .exe file.
3. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
4. In the Windows 10 Setup window, click on Accept to accept the Applicable notices and license terms, as shown.
5. Here, select the Upgrade this PC now radio button and click on the Next option, as depicted below.
6. Let the tool download the latest version of Windows 10 and click on Next. Then, click on Accept.
7. Now in the next screen for Choose what to keep, select Nothing, and click on Next.
8. Finally, click on Install to begin the installation of Windows 10 OS.
Also Read: How to Downgrade Node Version on Windows
How to Downgrade Windows 11 to 10 After 30 Days?
To know how to downgrade from Windows 11 to 10 after 30 days, follow these steps:
Note 1: We do not endorse or sponsor any of the third-party apps listed in this article. Users should ensure the protection of their data for privacy or any data loss.
Note 2: Rufus is a third-party app. So download the app from its official website or Microsoft Store app to be safe and secure.
Note 3: Only the data saved in the C-drive or the Windows installed drive will be deleted. Make sure to move any important files to other drives from the Windows installed drive.
2. Install the Rufus software on your PC.
3. Launch Rufus and plug in the pen drive in your PC, with at least 8GB of storage capacity.
4. Click on the SELECT option and select the downloaded Windows 10 ISO file.
5. Click on the START option to make your pen drive bootable.
6. Once the process is done, remove the pen drive and insert it into the desired device you want to install Windows 10 on.
7. Shut down your PC if it’s on.
8. Turn on the PC and press the Del key on your keyboard to open the BIOS menu.
9. From the BIOS menu, select the pen drive as your boot drive and boot the PC.
10. Your PC will automatically open the Windows 10 setup on your Pen drive.
11. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired drive to install Windows 10.
12. After the installation, your PC will run fresh new Windows 10.
You can check that your data is safe on your drives other than the C-drive or the previously Windows-installed drive.
How to Go Back to Windows 10 without Losing Data?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned in the above heading to go back to Windows 10 without losing data.
- How Can I Delete Google Podcasts on My Phone
- Fix Valorant Error Code 62
- How Long Does It Take to Download and Install Windows 10?
- How to Downgrade from Android 14 to Android 13
We hope this article has helped you to know whether can I go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11. You can drop your queries and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.