Have you ever been in a tight spot with an iPhone that was about to die and no charger nearby? It can be quite frustrating, isn’t it? You might have wondered can an Apple Watch charger charge an iPhone at least once as an iOS User. Don’t worry! You are not alone. Stay tuned to find out if is this really a possible solution or just another tech myth!
Can Apple Watch Charger Charge iPhone?
No, given that the Apple Watch cannot be charged with a lightning cable and has a magnetic dock for charging. On the other hand, an iPhone (till iPhone 14) requires a lightning cable to get charged. So, in no way, can an Apple Watch charger charge an iPhone.
What Type of Charger Does the Apple Watch Use?
Not all Apple devices can be charged with lightning cables. Apple Watch is certainly an exception to this. An Apple Watch charger includes a magnetic dock that needs to be placed behind the dial of the Apple Watch. The other end of this watch is a USB-C cable connected to an adapter or any other power source. Be it any series of Apple Watch the charger remains the same.
How to Charge an iPhone With an Apple Watch Charger
Apple Watch charger cannot charge an iPhone. However, other devices like MagSafe Duo and a few others can help charge both Apple devices. However, even with MagSafe Duo, you cannot charge your iPhone on the charging strip of the Apple Watch. There are separate strips on which you have to place your separate devices to get them charged.
How to Use MagSafe Duo Charger
Using a MacSafe Duo charger is super simple whether you want to charge Apple products or other devices that are Qi-compatible. Below are a few quick steps that you can follow to charge your iPhone and Apple Watch:
Note: The Apple Watch will have a designated charging place. The other charging ring can be used for iPhones or Airpods.
1. Connect the charger to a power source.
2. Connect the lightning cable to the MagSafe Duo.
3. Now simply place the iPhone or Apple Watch on the charger.
List of Devices that Support Both iPhone and Apple Watch Charging
Below is the list of the top devices that support both iPhone and Apple Watch charging apart from the MagSafe duo:
1. UNIGEN UNIDOCK 250 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station
With UNIGEN UNIDOCK, you can charge both devices without any issues. You can charge the iPhone series from iPhone X to iPhone 15. When it comes to charging the Apple Watch, you can pair and set up your Apple Watch from series 2 to 9.
2. Anker Wireless Charging Station
Anker Wireless Charging Station is a Qi-certified charging station. This charger also has amazing features like foreign object detection, short circuit protection, as well as temperature control. Another great feature is that the charger can switch between 10W and 5W charge modes.
3. WAITIEE Wireless Charger for Apple Devices
WAITIEE Wireless Charger for Apple Devices is also a great 3-1 device for charging Apple devices. You can charge up to 5 devices at once. The product offers multiple offers like over-current protection, temperature control, voltage control, and an amazing foldable design.
4. Spazy Case 4 in 1 Qi-Certified Fast Charging Station
It is a travel-friendly charging station that has LED indicators and non-slip pads. Spazy Case 4 in 1 Qi-Certified Fast Charging Station is made of ABS environmentally friendly material. Besides charging an iPhone and Apple Watch, you can also charge AirPods and Apple Pencil.
Is It Safe to Use a Third-Party Charger for iPhone and Apple Watch?
Yes, it is safe to use a third-party charger for iPhone and Apple Watch. However, you need to make sure that you are using a certified charger and support your Apple devices so that your device does not get affected.
What to Look for When Choosing a Third-Party Charging Station or Stand?
Choosing a proper third-party charger for your Apple devices can be a little tricky. However, if you keep a note of a few things, you can find a good charger. Below are a few things that you need to take into consideration:
- Charging Standards: Opting for a well-known and well-rated third-party charger is essential. Look for a charger that is Qi-certified.
- Wired or Wireless: Another point of consideration that you need to keep in mind is whether you are looking for a charger that gives you a wireless charging option, or if you are okay with using a cable for charging your Apple device.
Some devices can offer a mix of both options as well. It depends on your personal preference. However, going for the wireless option is a great choice as Apple is now moving from lightning cable towards USB-C charging types.
- USB Types: Different brands offer different configurations when it comes to the charging ports available on a charging station. It will mainly happen if you are going for a wired charging station option.
The best way to figure out which will be the best one for you is by looking at your current devices. If your current devices support lightning cables, it is best to get a charging station that fulfills this need.
- Battery Capacity and Output: If you end up going for a low-watt charger, then your device will charge slowly. If you have the higher versions or iPhone, it is best to go for a higher-watt charger so that you can get the best optimization of your resources.
- Cost: The main reason that you might be looking at third-party charging stations for Apple devices is budget constraints. You still need to ensure that you invest in a good quality charging station.
Hence, you must consider the cost of the charging station. Even if it costs you a little extra, go for brands that are recognized well in the market. Having said that, avoid buying cheap charges from brands that are considered to be low quality.
To conclude, you cannot charge your iPhone with a normal Apple Watch charger. In case you’re looking to use a third-party charger for both your Apple Watch and your iPhone, do consider the pointers that we have mentioned in this article for utmost safety. We hope that we have answered your query on whether can Apple Watch charger charge an iPhone. Let us know in the comments below if you find our article useful!