Meetings play a vital role in the growth of an organization. No matter how productive a meeting is, its efficiency comes into play only when you start implementing what has been discussed in the meeting. The best way to bring it into a course of action is to jot down the meeting minutes. Well jotting down the points of a tedious process while being in a meeting. If you are wondering is there a template for meeting minutes? You are at the right place we have a perfect guide that can ease keeping a note of minutes of a meeting template doc. In this article, you will be reading about the websites and apps where you can find meeting minutes templates free to use.
- 12 Best Meeting Minutes Template Free
- Is There a Template for Meeting Minutes?
- 1. TEMPLATE.NET
- 2. Adobe Express
- 3. Vertex42
- 4. Template Lab
- 5. Slite
- 6. Smartsheet
- 7. Fellow
- 8. Microsoft | Office
- 9. Asana
- 10. eForms
- 11. Evernote
- 12. Google Docs
- Importance of Meeting Minutes
- Points to Remember while Customizing a Meeting Minutes Template
- Points to Remember while Taking Meeting Minutes
12 Best Meeting Minutes Template Free
Meeting Minutes templates are used to keep a track of every piece of information about team meetings and important decisions taken. These mostly include which are taken by company heads. Listed below are the websites where you can easily get minutes of meeting template doc for keeping a track of meeting minutes.
Is There a Template for Meeting Minutes?
Yes. A meeting minutes template is a readily available format that is used to note down the pertinent of a meeting. The template consists of different sections for each topic of discussion like agenda, deadlines, reviews, pros and cons, course of action, and many more. It serves the purpose of sharing an overview with those who were unavailable for the meeting and future references. Here, we have brought you the sources where you can find the meeting minutes template free to use.
TEMPLATE.NET is one of the best websites where you can find the meeting minutes template free. It also contains paid templates as well. You can choose accordingly. It also provides templates for MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Google Docs, and many more. TEMPLATE.NET enable you to get your work done faster by proving customizable templates. Listed below are a few of the features of TEMPLATE.NET:
- This website provides you with new content every week.
- You can find royalty-free templates with images, artwork, and font styles.
- The template collection on this website looks impressive.
- The templates available can be customized, shared, and printed accordingly.
- 24×7 customer support is available via chat, email, and phone.
- Find templates for different file formats like Apple Pages, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS Excel, and many more.
- The free plan provides you with limited functions like downloading 3 files a day, 100 MB of Cloud Storage, and unlimited use of Documents, Designs, and Video Editor.
- The paid subscription to the Pro plan and Business plan costs $2.99 and $10.99 a month respectively.
2. Adobe Express
Adobe as we all know provides excellent tools to nurture creativity in all possible fields. Likewise, Adobe Express enables you to use readymade templates as well as lets you create your own templates. You can also use the Adobe Express app that is available on Google Play store and AppStore. Let’s have a look at the features of Adobe Express:
- It enables you to customize the template accordingly.
- The templates available here are appealing to the eyes.
- Adobe express provides you with more than 2000 fonts.
- You can use this on both your desktop and mobile device.
- It provides you with Adobe Stock which is a royalty-free photo collection.
- With the free plan itself, you can use 2GB of Cloud Storage.
- The premium version of the app provides you with much more features which costs $9.99 per month and offer a 30-day free trial.
Vertex42 aims at providing simple tools to enable people to manage their time efficiently by making use of these readily available minutes of meeting template docs. All you have to do is download the template and use it accordingly. Some of the features of this website are listed below:
- It provides you with different types of minutes of meeting template Word like basic, detailed, formal, and many more.
- These minutes of meeting template word can be downloaded and used for MS Word 2007 and later versions.
- It also provides a meeting minutes template free for Google Docs as well.
- Apart from the minutes of meeting template doc, you can also find templates for MS Excel, Google Sheets, Calendars, Calculators, and many more.
- The templates provided here are very basic and formal in nature.
- It is completely free of cost and is easy to download and use.
4. Template Lab
Template Lab is a website that provides more than 30,000 templates in various categories. It also answers all your questions regarding whether is there a template for meeting minutes. As this website also provides you with blogs that help you make use of the available templates. Some of the features of Template Lab are listed below:
- It enables you to download the minutes of meeting template doc in different formats like MS Excel, MS Word, Photoshop, and PDF format.
- It consists of multiple templates within the minutes of meeting categories like business, grievance, project, staff, team, annual, board, board of directors meeting, and a lot more.
- It also contains different categories for formal and informal templates.
- The templates available are delightful to look at.
- This website is completely free of all charges.
- They provide customer support by Email, forms, phone, and online.
Slite is the go-to when you are looking for a minute of meeting template doc. This website and app enable users to edit the readily available templates and also create new templates. You can also save templates for later use. Though it is available for free, it also has a paid version as well. Some of the features of Slite are listed below:
- This app allows you to work as a team, discuss and work on different products they provide like Software design documents, Technical documentation, and a lot more.
- With Slite, you can use readymade templates for competitive analysis, weekly updates, minutes of meetings, brand guidelines, etc.
- The templates available are basic and easy to use.
- You can edit and create templates online and download them as a PDF files.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
- The paid subscription to the app costs $6.67 and $12.50 for Standard and Pro plans respectively.
Also read: How to export MS Teams conversations
Smartsheet is another website where you can find meeting minutes templates free to use. It is a paid app and can be used free of cost with a free trial. Along with other products and solutions, you can also give a try to the minutes of meeting template doc. The template can be either downloaded as a Word document or a Smartsheet. Let’s have a look at the various features of Smartsheet:
- Smartsheets provides templates in multiple categories like Finance, Education, Human Resources, and a lot more.
- Apart from minutes for meetings, you can use Smartsheet to use readily available templates or create templates for Gantt, Forms, Report, Dashboard, Task list, etc.
- The meeting minutes template here consists of various categories like Classic meeting, Project meeting, Actions meeting, and many more.
- These meeting minutes templates can be used online and exported as MS Excel, Google Sheets, or a PDF File.
- It also provides a variety of tools that will help you customize the templates as required.
- The subscription to the app costs $7 and $25 for the Pro and Business plan respectively for a month.
- Use the app free of cost for a 30-day trial period.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Fellow, like the above-mentioned websites and apps, provides users with minutes of meeting template doc. It primarily focuses on providing a platform where people can get on boards as a team, conduct meetings, and discuss agendas. Therefore, they provide meeting minutes templates free as well as other templates that are used to keep a track of the growth and development of an organization. Some of the other features of this app are listed below:
- It contains multiple categories of minutes of meeting template docs from which you can select the required one.
- Fellow enables users to customize templates and also save them for later use.
- These templates are basic and just provide outlines for categories.
- It also allows integration with other apps like Google Meet, Zoom, Slack, and others.
- The paid version of the app costs $6 per month and provides a 15-day free trial.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
- It can also be used as a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
8. Microsoft | Office
Microsoft | Office is one of the most convenient ways to download minutes of meeting template Word. It is free of cost and can be downloaded easily from the official website. All you need to do is download the file and edit it accordingly. You can find different types of meeting templates that you can use as and when you want. Some of the features of the templates available here are listed below:
- You can download as many templates as you want as these are available for free.
- Within the meeting category, you can find templates for Basic meeting notes, educational meeting minutes, classic meeting minutes, etc.
- The meeting minutes template available here is appealing to the eyes with a splash of colors.
- These are available to download as MS Word files.
- Apart from the minutes of the meeting, you can find templates for announcements, posters, receipts, invitations, brochures, and much more available for download in MS Excel and MS Word file formats.
- You can also share these templates via LinkedIn, Email, and Facebook.
- You can use these templates in MS Word 2021 as well.
Also read: 26 Best free TeamViewer alternatives
Asana is another website that can answer all your doubts about whether is there a template for meeting minutes. Asana provides you with the templates for free but it requires you to log in to access the website. It also consists of a premium version. The website primarily aims at providing users with tools that can be of help for project management. Some of the features of this website are listed below:
- You can find different types of meeting templates like Project kick-off, 1:1, team brainstorming, board, sales, performance review meetings, and many more.
- It provides you with an outline for different meeting types.
- You can use the list-view option to put out the project details on a list.
- With the custom field option, you can edit the already existing fields and even create new fields.
- The subtask feature of this website enables users split the project or tasks into smaller tasks and assign details accordingly.
- It enables you to integrate with other apps like Zoom, Clockwise, Microsoft Teams, and Vimeo.
- Apart from the minutes of the meeting template, you can also find templates for Team continuity, Project plan, Work requests, and team goals and objective planning.
- The Premium version will cost you $10.99 and the Business version will cost you $24.99 per month.
eForms is a website that gets you free access to templates that you can use while taking the minutes of a meeting. These templates are basic and can be used for official purposes. It enables you to download the templates as PDF files. Here, like the other apps and websites you to edit the available templates as well as create new templates. Some of the features of eForms are listed below:
- You can find templates in various categories of meetings like annual, church, corporate, council, educational, formal, and many more.
- It enables you to easily export your file into an MS Word or a PDF file format.
- There are can be used to print via the website itself.
- eForms caters to all your personal, business, and real estate document needs.
- It offers a 7-day free trial with unlimited access to all documents.
- The subscription plan costs $39 monthly and $199 yearly.
- You can also go for a single document at a time which costs $45.
Evernote is a note organizer website as well as an app. Among the various features, the meeting minutes template free is one of them. Other features include a document scanner, calendar, tasks, web clipper, etc. Let’s see what all is there a template for meeting minutes in Evernote:
- It provides templates for multiple formal and informal categories like creative writing, home and garden, party planning, meetings, marketing and sales, personal well-being, and many more.
- In the meeting category, you will find sub-categories like meeting agendas, meeting notes, meeting planners, etc.
- The templates can be used online and shared via email or as a link.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- You can also use Evernote as a browser extension.
- It gives a free trial for 7 days.
- The personal subscription plan costs $3.49 a month and the professional plan costs $4.46 a month.
12. Google Docs
Among the many other apps and websites, Google Docs is also one of the options where you can get a meeting minutes template for free. If you are still wondering if is there a template for meeting minutes in Google Docs, you can try it yourself. All you need to do is open Google Docs and expand the template gallery to find multiple templates for various categories. Listed below are some of the features of templates in Google Docs:
- Google Docs has three templates for meeting minutes under the Work section.
- These templates are free of cost.
- The templates available here can be used for both formal and informal purposes.
- These vary in font styles and colors. Therefore you can use them as required.
- It contains all essential sections like attendees, actions and goals, next meeting details, etc.
These were the websites and apps where you could find minutes of meeting template Word and use them for free.
Importance of Meeting Minutes
In this section of the article, we will be sharing with you why minutes of meetings are important. Read through the below-mentioned points to understand the importance of meeting minutes:
- It can be used as a tool to measure the team member’s commitment and growth.
- Admins can use the meeting minutes to keep a check on the team member’s working potential.
- Meeting minutes are the best alternative for the members who were unavailable for the meeting.
- It serves as a record of what has been discussed in the meeting, attendees, duration, goals, achievements, etc.
- Using meeting minutes adds to the transparency of the organization and the team.
Points to Remember while Customizing a Meeting Minutes Template
Though the meeting minutes may not seem like a big deal while being in one, it starts sounding all important when the meeting is over. Therefore, you can use the following tips to customize a perfect meeting-minute template.
- Get on board with having ideas about the agenda of the meeting.
- Try to look through the older records if available to get an idea about the kind of decisions made in the meetings.
- Make a note of the higher authorities who will be present at the meeting to have spate sections for their instructions.
Points to Remember while Taking Meeting Minutes
You can have a look at the points mentioned below to ensure that you are taking the meeting minutes properly.
- It is always recommended to plan the meeting beforehand and estimate the timing that can be allotted for each of these agendas.
- You can also have a glimpse of Robert’s Rule of Law which explain a certain order of performing a task.
- Keep jotting down the names of the attendees as they start to join.
- Make sure you have noted down important decisions as and when they are made.
- Keep a record of all the important instructions in short and crisp sentences.
- Once the meeting is over, edit the content in a way that adds more value for the readers and add any relevant information that is required.
- How Does Wi-Fi Work?
- How to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
- Which is Better Between Discord vs TeamSpeak?
- Best 10 Microsoft Teams Features
This article was all about the different websites that you can use to get templates for keeping a track of the meeting minutes. Each website contains templates in different formats and is available for a free trial. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn the best meeting minutes template free. Let us know which app or website worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.