A bug tracking tool can help with defect recording, reporting, assigning, and tracking in a software development project. If we find problems early in the development phase, and if possible, before the end-user encounters them, we have a better chance of being able to make simple corrections with minimal impact on project timelines and budgets. Although bugs are an inescapable part of life, they don’t have to be a pain to deal with. There are several bug tracking systems on the market to help you organize and expedite your defect management process. The top 28 best free bug tracking tools are listed below, along with popular features and links to their websites. There is both free and commercial (priced) software on the list.
Top 25+ Best Bug Tracking Tools
Following is the list of best free bug tracking tools.
ClickUp is one of the best free bug tracking tools with a variety of customization possibilities, including the ability to create custom views.
- This project management software allows for broad time and task management as well as cross-business group collaboration.
- This software may be used to assign and resolve task comments.
- It makes defining objectives for your career a breeze.
- It includes a huge selection of templates from which to pick.
- You can easily filter and search for a certain assignment.
- It enables you to import documents from other applications automatically.
- It enables you to work collaboratively with others.
- With only one mouse click, you may assign several jobs.
- You may organize jobs by the project using ClickUp.
- Google Calendar may be synced.
SpiraTeam is a complete Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution with built-in bug tracking. It is also one of best free bug tracking tools.
- It has incident fields that may be fully customized, such as statuses, priorities, defects types, and severity levels.
- SpiraTeam allows you to manage the whole testing process, from requirements through tests, problems, and issues, thanks to its built-in end-to-end traceability.
- It has the following capabilities right out of the box:
- During the execution of the test script, it enables the automatic production of new incidents.
- It can connect occurrences (bugs) with other artefacts and incidents.
- Reporting, searching, and sorting are all robust features, as is an audit trail that tracks modifications.
- It shows Email alerts caused by workflow status changes that have been configured.
- It has the ability to email concerns and bugs.
Also Read: 18 Best Tools for Hacking
BugHerd is the most user-friendly solution for monitoring issues and handling feedback from websites.
- Bugs and feedback should be attached to specific objects on a website, and technical details should be recorded to aid in the resolution of problems.
- You can follow feedback tasks all the way to completion with the kanban-style task board.
- Website and application QA and UAT might be completed in a fraction of the time.
- Using a simple point-and-click interface, collect bugs and feedback.
- Technical information such as your browser, operating system, and screen resolution will be sent to you.
- The kanban-style Task Board allows you to track and handle all feedback and issues in one single spot.
- Each bug should be documented with a screenshot or video.
- Stakeholders are ecstatic.
Userback is a visual issue reporting and feedback tool for websites. It is another one of best free bug tracking tools.
- It’s the quickest way for users and software teams to report defects on any website or program.
- It allows you and your users to report bugs visually.
- It’s easy-to-use sketching, annotating, and video-recording features.
- Collect visual and contextual bug reports rapidly to aid in the reproduction and resolution of issues.
- User back automatically saves annotated screenshots, video recordings, console logs, browser data, custom data, and more.
- It allows you to keep track of issues and user feedback in one spot.
- It has a task board in the Kanban style.
- It allows you to create your own processes.
- Collaborative teamwork at its best.
- It enables you to gather bug reports that your developers would appreciate.
Also Read: 5 Best IP Address Hider App for Android
Marker.io is a visual bug reporting tool for agencies and software development teams.
- Simply install the website widget and collect feedback with images, annotations, and technical meta-data in your preferred project management platform, such as Jira, Trello, Asana, GitHub, ClickUp, and others.
- It comes with a Website widget.
- You can snap screenshots and make remarks using it.
- It enables you to capture technical data (browser, OS, URL, console logs)
- It syncs in both directions with Jira, Trello, Asana, GitHub, and ClickUp (and more)
- It comes with a browser extension, a WordPress plugin, and JS code.
- It has its own unique branding.
6. Zoho BugTracker
The Zoho BugTracker is another powerful bug tracker tools that lets you prioritize and prioritize issues.
- It increases productivity by identifying flaws that can be repeated.
- It’s an online application that lets you manage all of your projects, issues, milestones, reports, and documentation in one place.
- It’s possible to automatically remind and contact team members with the Zoho bug tracker.
- It includes bug views as well as integration.
- It has a flexible workflow and issue trackers.
- It provides a system for categorizing concerns into distinct groups.
Also Read: How to Access Blocked Sites in UAE
Monday is also one of the best bug tracking tools that lets you track problems and manage your team all in one place.
- It comes with a customizable dashboard that makes data visualization a breeze.
- You have the ability to collaborate with others.
- It is capable of automating your daily duties.
- Services such as Mailchimp, Google Calendar, Gmail, and others are all connected.
- You can keep track of your progress.
- It allows you to work from anywhere.
Smartsheet is a spreadsheet-style bug tracking program for companies managing many projects.
- Simple rules may be used to automate tasks in Smartsheet.
- It has security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities for team and project administration.
- It aids in the management of processes and the improvement of team cooperation.
- Provides custom solution development to match your specific requirements.
- It has templates that may be customized.
- Connects seamlessly to your company’s environment.
- It makes budgeting and planning easier.
- It has robust analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Automation, online form input, verification, and approvals are all supported.
BugZilla is a well-known bug tracker. These tools are open source software with several fantastic features, including as
- Reports and graphs are included.
- Patch Viewers are included.
- Duplicate bugs are automatically detected using this bug tracking application.
- When there is a change in the code, it sends you an email.
- You may produce a list of defects in a variety of forms. Reports should be scheduled on a daily, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Customers are involved in determining bug priorities.
- It forecasts when a bug will be fixed.
JIRA is a commercial software program that helps with the recording and organization of team issues, as well as the prioritization and updating of project issues. It is also another one of best bug tracking tools.
- JIRA is a bug-tracking solution utilized by thousands of software professionals due to its basic base.
- It’s a program that works in tandem with code development environments, making it excellent for programmers.
- Because of its ability to track any form of issue, it is not confined to the software industry. It’s ideal for agile projects.
- It comes with a slew of add-ons that make it far more capable than other programs.
If you’ve used bug tracking software before, you’ll find Mantis to be straightforward.
- Mantis is accessible as a web application and a mobile application.
- It works with various databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL, and connects with programs like chat, time tracking, wiki, RSS feeds, and many others.
- This is a free and open-source program.
- This defect tracking tool includes e-mail notifications.
- It has reports and graphs to help in reporting.
- It integrates source control.
- Custom fields are supported.
- Supports the administration of time tracking.
- It allows you to work on many projects at the same time.
- Allows you to keep track of the issue’s history and roadmap.
- There is no limit to the number of users, issues, or projects that may be supported.
RedMine is a bug tracking program with SCM (Source Code Management System) integration that’s free source.
- Reporting is done through Gantt charts and calendars, and it works with a variety of platforms and databases.
- The Ruby on Rails framework is utilized in this project.
- It has an online project management tool.
- It offers a user-friendly problem tracking mechanism.
- It has a role-based access control mechanism that is quite versatile.
- It supports a number of different languages.
- It manages Gantt charts and calendars, as well as documents and data.
- This bug reporting tool integrates with SCM.
- It is in support of E-mail-based issue creation
- Multiple databases are supported by this bug tracking program.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files from Android to PC
Trac is a web-based, Python-based open source issue management system.
- It’s a more advanced version of the wiki that’s used to track problems in software development projects.
- When Trac and SCM are combined, you may walk through the code, examine the history, see modifications, and so on.
- It is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows, and others.
- A timeline shows all of the current and prior project activities in chronological order, whereas a roadmap shows upcoming milestones.
Axosoft is a bug tracking solution that may be installed on-premises or hosted.
- It’s a project management tool for Scrum teams. Project managers and developers may examine each task, its requirements, defects, and incidents in the system on distinct file cards using the Scrum planning board.
- Axosoft allows you to manage user stories, problems, and support inquiries while also providing a real-time view of your progress.
- It’s one of the most effective bug-removal programs on the market.
- Scrum planning board and Scrum burn-down charts are supported.
- Requirement Management is supported.
- Data visualization, SCM integration, reporting, help desk, and incident tracking are all available.
eTraxis is a multilingual bug tracking program that is a free source.
- It permits the sharing of files and the notification of attachments by e-mail.
- It has a permission system that is flexible.
- This PHP-based tool connects to a number of databases, including Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft Server. By providing a central site for all project operations, eTraxis provides a flexible platform for managing projects involving several organizations.
- It allows you to establish several users and projects, as well as examine the bugs assigned to them.
- This system has custom processes, which enable you to handle projects precisely how you want them.
- It provides for powerful problem screening.
- It enables you to create your own process.
- It allows you to see the entire timeline of all occurrences.
BugNet is an open-source bug tracker and issue tracking system created in the Asp.Net framework that uses MySQL as its database.
- Although the basic version is free, the pro version is licensed and commercial.
- It contains an email alerting system as well as issue management.
- Multiple projects and databases are supported by this bug tracking system.
- It is quite secure.
- It has an online network of support.
- It aids in the management of projects and milestones.
- Administration and navigation are simple.
- It offers all of the characteristics of a project management system, including the ability to create projects, manage them, create problems against them, track them to completion, search, reports, wiki pages, and so on.
- This utility has a licensed and commercially available pro version, but the standard version is free to use.
Also Read: 9 Best Free Data Recovery Software (2022)
FogBugz is another one of best bug tracking tools that use the term cases to describe defects.
- Prioritizes and organizes development work in a single central location.
- It has a powerful search engine that allows you to search the entirety of cases, wiki pages, and customer correspondence in real time.
- Fogbugz works on almost every iOS, Android, Blackberry, tablet, and iPad device.
- It allows you to make cases, list them, assign them, and work on them.
- Although it is a commercial product, it is quite inexpensive.
- Despite the fact that it is a commercial product, it is reasonably priced. A 45-day trial of FogBugz is available.
- The project information can be organized in terms of milestones, allowing the instances’ progress to be measured against them.
- It’s really easy to use and, without a doubt, offers all of the essential functions.
- You may also use FogBugz to construct wikis that are accessible to the whole public.
18. The Bug Genie
Though the name suggests that Bug Genie is a bug tracking tool, that is not the case.
- It’s simple and quick to record the problem in Bug Genie.
- It also supports Agile projects.
- It’s a full-featured project management and issue tracking solution that includes defect management, as well as integration with a number of SCM systems, project creation and management capabilities, problem tracking methods, an integrated wiki, and an easy-to-use web interface.
- You may create as many custom fields as you want for your issues.
- All project timelines and searches are exported as RSS feeds.
- In problem views and search listings, issue-related actions are available with a single click.
- Although the program is not free when hosted, The Bug Genie offers a free trial edition.
- While the built-in quick search allows you to quickly explore your issue, it also allows you to search across wiki pages, users, teams, and other resources.
Lighthouse is one of the best free bug tracking tools and a web-based issue tracker.
- It’s simple, well-structured, and mobile-friendly.
- It also integrates with a number of useful third-party services, like Airbrake, Github, Exceptional, Beanstalk, and others.
- With only a few clicks, you can start managing problems with commit messages or turn application exceptions into lighthouse issues.
- Lighthouse also allows you to save a project document online immediately from the UI, which is a valuable tool.
- Lighthouse provides all of the tools needed to manage the problem, including configurable states, an excellent tagging system, sophisticated search, store searches, and a bulk editing tool.
- It’s a commercial product, but Lighthouse offers a free trial.
A web-based defect tracking system with all of the functionality you’ll need to properly address issues for your project. BugHost isone of the best free bug tracking tools.
- This solution was developed for large businesses that demand low-cost, high-volume licensing.
- Bughost is a cloud-based solution that lets you create bugs in your project directly.
- It has the ability to update several bugs at once.
- There’s also WebHost, a handy little tool that allows people to create issues directly in your project.
- It allows clients to submit issues directly to your project.
- It has a strong security feature that prevents bugs from being accessed.
21. Azure DevOps Server
Azure DevOps Server is a bug tracking system that enables all stakeholders to participate in the development process through a single interface.
- When it comes to bug tracking, TFS notifies team members and keeps track of who is responsible for the problem.
- Because TFS integrates with Active Directory, communicating problem patches to the customer who reported the issue is simple.
- Collaboration, version control, and Agile planning are all supported.
22. IBM Rational ClearQuest
Another one of best free bug tracking tools is Clear Quest. It is a client-server-based online application that aids in the defect management process.
- With IBM ClearQuest, you can track, record, and manage any problem.
- Like any other tool, IBM rational quest delivers you with all of the advantages of a bug tracking solution.
- HP-UX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows are among the operating systems it supports.
- It can aid in the visibility and management of software development projects.
- It integrates with a number of automation tools, which may be considered a plus.
- Because it is a commercial product, it may appear to be expensive. You may try it out for free for 30 days.
- It has a customized, end-to-end defect tracking system.
Also Read: How to Fix Debugger Detected Error
Unfuddle is another one of best free bug tracking tools for developers (but still a bug tracking system) that integrates with Git and Subversion.
- Unfuddle allows developers to contribute source code.
- It can work with the majority of key software development tools.
- Unfuddle delivers superior data protection because it uses Amazon’s servers.
- It aids in the tracking of problems, feature requests, and ticket management.
- It handles issues like tickets and offers a web-based repository viewer for inspecting file changes.
- It is an advertisement that offers a free trial.
Devtrack isn’t your usual defect tracker, while it does the job well if that’s all you need. It’s not meant to be used as a traditional bug tracker.
- It has a lot of features, but it’s most known for being a defect tracker.
- It may be purchased alone or as part of Agile Studio, DevTest studio, or DevSuite.
- As the name implies, it is a comprehensive solution for the implementation track.
- Projects that are both agile and waterfall are supported.
- It’s a for-sale item. There is also a risk-free trial.
Also Read: What is Malware and What Does it Do?
Backlog is a project management and issue tracking application for software development teams.
- Anyone may report bugs, and the system keeps track of all problem updates, comments, and status changes.
- It’s simple to find issues that have been reported using search and filters.
- Subtasking, Kanban-style boards, Gantt and burndown charts, Git and SVN repositories, Wikis, and IP access control, in addition to problem tracking, are all features that are often used to manage IT projects.
- Apps for iOS and Android are a welcome addition.
26. Katalon TestOps
Katalon TestOps is a free and powerful orchestration tool for tracking issues. It is also one of best free bug tracking tools.
- TestOps gives testing and DevOps teams a unified view of their tests, resources, and environments, allowing them to run the appropriate test at the right time and in the right environment.
- You can promote cooperation and transparency by using comments, dashboards, KPI tracking, and actionable insights – all in one location.
- It provides detailed, real-time data during test execution, helping you to pinpoint the cause of any issues.
- To enhance release confidence, you can assess release readiness.
- It features a streamlined result collecting and analysis across any framework thanks to strong failure analysis.
- It may be used in the cloud, as well as on desktops running Windows and Linux.
- It works with practically all testing frameworks, including Jasmine, JUnit, Pytest, Mocha, and others; CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins and CircleCI; and management platforms, such as Jira and Slack.
- It allows for real-time data tracking for quick and precise troubleshooting.
- Smart Scheduling allows you to plan efficiently to optimize the test cycle while keeping excellent quality.
Kualitee is designed for development and quality assurance teams who wish to do more than just assign and track issues.
- It helps you produce high-quality software by decreasing issues, speeding up QA cycles, and providing you with greater control over your builds.
- Permissions, fields, and reports all have the option of being customized.
- The complete suite, which includes all of the capabilities of a comprehensive defect management system, seamlessly integrates test cases and test execution techniques.
- You wouldn’t have to switch between many tools; instead, you’d be able to do all of your tests in one place.
- It is capable of creating, assigning, and tracking defects.
- It offers a simple and easy-to-use UI.
- It starts at $15 a month per user. A free 7-day trial is also available through Kualitee.
- Between problems, requirements, and tests, there is traceability.
- It’s defects, test cases, and test cycles that can all be reused.
- It offers a dashboard that is both interactive and instructive.
- It has REST APIs and third-party interfaces.
Also Read: 20 Best Cell Phone Tracking App
QACoverage is your one-stop-shop for streamlining all of your testing procedures so you can deliver high-quality, bug-free products. It is another best free bug tracking tools.
- It has Jira integration as well as a lot more.
- The defect tracking process may be customized to the customer’s needs.
- In addition to defects, QACoverage offers the ability to track risks, problems, updates, suggestions, and recommendations.
- It also includes comprehensive test management tools including requirement management, test case definition, execution, and reporting.
- Through automated notifications, it may build and apply processes for enhanced re-test visibility.
- It may create graphical reports based on severity, priority, defect type, defect category, estimated fix date, and a variety of other parameters.
- It has a defect management feature that allows you to track issues from the time they are identified to the time they are fixed.
- In the form of attachments, it delivers various defect-related information.
- A full test management software may be had for as little as $11.99 per month. Now is the time to begin your 2-week free trial.
- You may manage the whole process for various Ticket Types, such as risks, issues, tasks, and enhancements.
- You may create detailed metrics to help you determine underlying causes and severity levels.
- Top 30 Best Second Phone Number App for Android
- Top 18 Best Fan Speed Controller Software
- 26 Best Free Malware Removal Tool
- Top 12 Best GPS Trackers
We hope that guide was helpful and that you are now able to make an informed decision among the given best free bug tracking tools. Let us know your queries/suggestions in the comment box below.