During its announcement at WWDC, Apple made a commitment to provide developers with a comprehensive suite of tools for Vision Pro. Apple has fulfilled that promise as Apple Vision Pro developer tools is now accessible with the latest visionOS SDK by officially unveiling in a press release. The release highlights the launch of the visionOS SDK as the initial offering, enabling developers to begin harnessing the power of Vision Pro and creating transformative experiences.
Apple has announced its plan to open developer labs in Cupertino, London, Munich, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo next month. These labs will provide developers with hands-on experience to test their apps on Apple Vision Pro hardware. Additionally, developers will have access to support from Apple engineers. Moreover, development teams will have the opportunity to apply for developer kits, facilitating quick app building, iteration, and testing directly on Apple Vision Pro. These initiatives demonstrate Apple’s commitment to empowering developers and fostering innovation in the spatial computing space.
Notable Features of Apple Vision Pro
- Developers can leverage familiar frameworks like Xcode, SwiftUI, RealityKit, ARKit, and TestFlight to create immersive experiences with Apple Vision Pro.
- The use of these powerful tools allows developers to build apps with varying degrees of immersion, such as windows with depth and 3D content, viewable volumes from any angle, and fully immersive spaces with unbounded 3D content.
- The all-new Reality Composer Pro tool in Xcode assists developers in optimizing 3D models, animations, images, and sounds for their visionOS apps and games, ensuring stunning visuals on Vision Pro.
- The visionOS simulator enables developers to interact with their apps, exploring and testing different room layouts and lighting conditions.
- Apple’s developer frameworks inherently support the company’s innovative accessibility features, guaranteeing that spatial computing and visionOS apps are accessible to users of all abilities.
In the coming month, developers who have been utilizing Unity’s robust authoring tools to create 3D apps and games will have the opportunity to port their Unity apps to Apple Vision Pro. This exciting development allows developers to harness the full potential of Vision Pro’s powerful capabilities. Those who have already previewed the visionOS SDK and APIs are highly enthusiastic about the platform, recognizing its potential to facilitate the creation of entirely new and immersive app experiences for their users.
Apple Developer Program members can now access the visionOS SDK, updated Xcode, Simulator, and Reality Composer Pro at developer.apple.com. Registered Apple developers have a wide range of resources available to assist them in designing, developing, and testing apps for Apple Vision Pro. These resources include technical documentation, design kits, and updated human interface guidelines for visionOS. Developers can visit Apple Developers page to learn more about designing innovative app experiences for Apple Vision Pro and apply for a developer kit starting next month.
Source: Apple Newsroom