Apple is all set to host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is scheduled to begin on 5 June 2023. Every year the event brings Mac and iOS developers from around the world at one stage, the event is also an opportunity for the company to announce its new products. Keeping the tradition alive, this year Apple plans to introduce the latest MacBook Air with an M2 chip at the WWDC 23 event along with other gadgets and tools.
The much-anticipated MacBook Air will reportedly come with a 15-inch display and will be powered by the advanced M2 Chip. The company is also expected to launch the new macOS 14, and many wonder, if the new MacBook will come with the latest operating system.
Apple first introduced MacBook Air devices with M1 chipsets, and later it was upgraded to M2 chipset last year with the announcement coming at the launch of MacBook Air at the WWDC event in 2022.
Earlier this year multiple reports revealed that Apple had drastically increased the production of the 15-inch MacBook with multiple sellers stocking up on the new device ahead of its release. The display size of these MacBook Air devices varies from 13 to 15 inches, and prices for each will differ significantly.
Although, everything about the upcoming Apple MacBook is a rumor at this time. However, the words are consistent with Apple’s recent design trends and the company’s commitment to innovation. Let’s look at some of the potential features of this anticipated device.
- 13 to 15-inch models: As already established, the new MacBook is expected to be available in from 13-inch and 15-inch models. The 13-inch model will likely be similar in size and weight to the current model, while the 15-inch model will be a larger and more powerful option.
- Thinner and lighter: The 13-inch model is expected to be around 0.6 inches thick and weigh around 2.8 pounds, while the 15-inch model is expected to be around 0.7 inches thick and weigh around 3.6 pounds.
- New design: The new Mac is expected to feature a new design with a more squared-off shape. The new design is expected to be similar to the design of the current MacBook Pro models.
- Colors: It is expected to be available in a variety of colors, including silver, space gray, gold, and blue.
- M2 chip: The new device is expected to be powered by the M2 chip.
The prices for the new MacBook are expected to be in the following range.
- MacBook Air (13-inch, M2 Chipset): $1,199 – $1,499.
- MacBook Air Pro (13-inch M2 Chipset): $1,299 – $1,499.
- MacBook Air Pro (15-inch M2 Chipset): Starting From $1,749.
- MacBook Air Pro (14-inch M2 Chipset): Starting From $1,999.
- MacBook Air Pro (16-inch M2 Chipset): Starting From $2,499.
Recently, Apple’s rival Google, too hosted its annual I/O Event and launched a series of new devices and technologies. WWDC23 event is also an opportunity for the company to come up with new innovations to compete with its rivals.
The new MacBook Air is expected to be a significant upgrade over the current models. The new machine is likely to be thinner, lighter, faster, and more powerful than the current model. If the rumors are true, it will be worth waiting for the event. Keep following TechCult to know the latest stories from WWDC23.
Source: Mark Gurman Newsletter