Adobe is propelling the boundaries of creativity by introducing a co-pilot that works seamlessly alongside designers and artists. This innovative collaboration between human ingenuity and artificial intelligence marks a new era for Photoshop, where users can now effortlessly bring their wildest imaginations to life at the speed of thought. As Adobe introduces Generative AI as a creative partner in Photoshop can forever change the way we create and design in the digital realm.
Firefly, the Adobe family of creative generative AI models, has seen tremendous success since it was revealed at Google I/O that Google was integrating Firefly into Bard. With over 100 million assets generated by beta users, Firefly has quickly become one of Adobe’s most successful beta releases. Initially focused on image and text effects, Firefly has expanded to support vector recoloring and generative fill.
Generative Fill in Photoshop leverages the power and precision of Firefly to match perspective, lighting, and style, enabling users to achieve astounding results with ease. It enhances creative expression and productivity in the following ways
- Integration with Firefly: Generative Fill is powered by Adobe’s generative AI technology called Firefly, bringing precision, power, speed, and ease directly into design workflows.
- Non-destructive Editing: Generative Fill allows users to create newly generated content in generative layers, enabling non-destructive editing. This means users can experiment with different variations and easily reverse the effects without impacting the original image.
- Natural Language Prompts: Users can add, extend, or remove content from images by simply using natural language prompts. This intuitive feature allows for quick and easy generation of digital content.
- Perspective and Lighting Matching: Generative Fill automatically matches the perspective, lighting, and style of images, ensuring that the generated content seamlessly blends with the original image for professional-quality results.
- Commercially Viable Content: Firefly, the AI model behind Generative Fill, is trained on Adobe Stock’s vast collection of licensed, high-resolution images. This ensures that the generated content is safe for commercial use and avoids infringing intellectual property rights.
- High-Speed Generation: With Generative Fill, users can create content at a transformative rate. The AI-powered feature enables the rapid generation of high-quality content as fast as users can type, allowing for quick ideation and exploration.
- Web Tool Availability: Generative Fill is also available as a module within the Firefly beta app for users interested in testing the capabilities on the web. This provides flexibility and accessibility for users across different platforms.
- Content Transparency with Content Credentials: Adobe has developed Content Credentials, which act as nutrition labels for digital content. These credentials provide transparency and help users understand whether a piece of content was created by a human, AI-generated, or AI-edited, enabling proper attribution and informed decision-making.
- Deep Integration with Photoshop: Generative Fill is deeply integrated into Photoshop’s core tools, enabling new creative workflows and supercharging ideation. The integration allows for precise creative control and production-quality content creation.
- Enhancements and Updates: In addition to Generative Fill, Adobe has introduced other enhancements to Photoshop, such as Adjustment Presets, Contextual Task Bar, Remove Tool, and Enhanced Gradients. These features further enhance the creative workflow and save time for users.
Generative Fill in Photoshop is currently available as a beta release and is expected to be generally available in the second half of 2023. It is also accessible as a module within the Firefly beta app.
Now that Adobe introduces generative AI as a creative partner in Photoshop marks a significant milestone in empowering creatives and designers. By harnessing the power of AI as a co-pilot, Adobe aims to accelerate ideation, exploration, and production, enabling users to bring their visions to life at the speed of their imaginations.
Source: Adobe Newsroom