Playing games on consoles is fun. Many of my friends love to play games on PlayStation. But when PlayStation network undergoing maintenance, then you may face some errors, and one of PlayStation error code NP-34957-8 may trouble you. If you want to learn how to fix such error, then you are at the right place. Because we have provided you with simple methods to help you fix the issue on your own. Also, we have shown to fix np-34957-8 PS4 error. So, what are you waiting for? Let us get started.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix PlayStation Error Code NP-34957-8 and NP-31866-4
- Method 1: Wait for PSN Server Uptime
- Method 2: Restart PlayStation Console
- Method 3: Re-login to PS Account
- Method 4: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
- Method 5: Change DNS Server
- Method 6: Update PlayStation Console
- Method 7: Contact Support Page
- Other Methods to Fix PS4 NP-31866-4 Error
How to Fix PlayStation Error Code NP-34957-8 and NP-31866-4
Before we begin with troubleshooting, let us briefly discuss when such error occurs. You can face PlayStation error code NP-34957-8 if the PlayStation server is undergoing regular system maintenance. You can face NP-31866-4 when you upload the game data to PS Cloud and when you download it on the PS4 console. So, let us begin with troubleshooting.
Before you move to any advanced method, you can try something basic to fix PlayStation error code NP-34957-8. All you have to do is turn off your console and unplug it. Next, wait for a few minutes before plugging it again and turn it on. Now check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
If this does not work, then try other methods. The methods mentioned here will fix NP-31866-4 and NP-34957-8 PS4 error fix. So, let us get started.
Method 1: Wait for PSN Server Uptime
It is one of the easiest and most effective methods. If PlayStation network undergoing maintenance, no matter what you try, you will not be able to fix the error. So, first, go and check the PSN server status. If it is down, wait for some time. If the server is working fine, please try the other methods mentioned below.
Method 2: Restart PlayStation Console
To restart the PlayStation, follow the steps that are mentioned below:
1. First, select the Power tab on the home screen of PS4.
2. Next, select the Restart PS4 option to give your console a fresh start.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
Method 3: Re-login to PS Account
This method is capable of resolving temporary glitches that are causing PlayStation error code NP-34957-8. So, try out this method. Read the steps mentioned below if you want to learn how to perform it:
1. Select the Settings icon on the home screen.
2. Next, select Account Management.
3. Here, select Sign Out.
4. Now go to Settings > Account Management > Sign in.
5. Enter your Email Address and password and select Confirm.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
If you do not have a stable network then also you may face PlayStation error code NP-34957-8 issue. Hence, follow the given steps to check your network connection on the console.
1. Open PS4 Settings from the Home.
2. Select the Network setting.
3. Then, select the Test Internet Connection option.
After running the network test, then you can try to reboot your internet router to solve any temporary bugs with your internet.
Also Read: Fix PS4 Error CE-34788-0
Method 5: Change DNS Server
It is one of the methods that can fix PlayStation error code np-34957-8. To perform this method, you can read the guide presented in step form below:
1. First navigate to the Settings option.
2. After that, select the Network.
3. Select the Set Up Internet Connection.
4. Now, select the Use Wi-Fi option.
5. After that, select Custom and set IP Address settings to Automatic.
6. Now, select Do Not Specify under DHCP Host Name and Automatic for IP Address.
7. Select the Manual option for DNS Settings.
8. Here, enter 188.8.131.52 for Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 for Secondary DNS.
9. Next, set the value of MTU Settings to 1456.
10. Select Do Not Use for the Proxy Server.
Method 6: Update PlayStation Console
Sony releases updates regularly. So, you can update your PS4 or PS5 for NP-34957-8 PS4 error fix. To learn how to update PlayStation, read the steps that are given below.
1. First, turn on your PlayStation.
2. Here, navigate to Settings.
3. After that, select System Software Update.
4. In case you see The installed application is the latest version, select OK and try other methods.
Also Read: How to Deactivate Suspended PlayStation Account
Method 7: Contact Support Page
Want NP-34957-8 PS4 error fix? Then try this method. PlayStation has a support page. You can contact the support page if all the above methods cannot fix the error. So, tell the problem that you are facing in brief. If possible, attach the screenshot of the error because it will help the technical assistant better understand the problem.
Other Methods to Fix PS4 NP-31866-4 Error
You can face this error when you upload the game data to PS Cloud and when you download it on the PS4 console. Before you begin with any advanced method to fix NP-31866-4, first ensure that you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus. This is because if you are not subscribed to PlayStation Plus, it will disallow you from using online storage.
Method 1: Activate Primary PS4 Console
You can activate your account as the primary PS4 console. Steps for the same are given below.
1. First, select Settings.
2. Select Account Management.
3. From here choose Account Information and navigate to Activate as Your Primary PS4.
4. After that, select Activate.
5. Now, select Change to This PS4.
6. Select OK.
Method 2: Reset PSN Password
If the above method fails to fix the error, we recommend trying another effective method. And this method is resetting the PSN password. Follow the steps to do so:
1. Visit the PSN web page.
2. Now, click on Trouble Signing In?
3. After that, select Reset your Password.
4. Enter the PSN account email address.
5. Now, follow the steps as instructed on the screen.
Also Read: How to Change Default PlayStation Payment Method
Method 3: Delete Online Storage
If the online data exceeds 100GB or the number of files exceeds 1000, you will have to delete the extra storage if you want to upload new data. So, below are the steps that you need to follow to delete online storage:
1. Select Settings.
2. Now, select Application Saved Data Management.
3. After that, select Saved Data in Online Storage.
4. Select the Delete option.
5. Now, select the title and the file you want to delete.
6. Finally, select Yes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does PlayStation accept debit cards?
Ans. Yes, PlayStation accepts payment via debit card.
Q2. Why is my debit card invalid on PS4?
Ans. There can be multiple reasons for this error. Some common causes are invalid credit card, incorrect card details, and expired credit or debit card.
Q3. How long does it take for PlayStation to undergo maintenance?
Ans. Depending on your local time zone, the routine maintenance will last for around two hours, from 10:30 PM to 12:30 AM. During the outage, you’ll still be able to access PSN, play games, and utilize most programs.
Q4. Is PSN currently undergoing maintenance?
Ans. To know about PlayStation network undergoing maintenance, click on PSN server status.
- How to Set a Custom Playing Status on Discord
- How to Enable Xbox Game Bar Screen Recording on Windows 10
- Fix WS-43709-3 Error Code on PS4
- 8 Easy Ways to Fix Blinking Blue Light of Death on PS4
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix PlayStation error code NP-34957-8. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.